Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] replacement clutch

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 07:28 PM
NHRAFreak92
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default replacement clutch

whats up guys its time for a clutch just wanted to know my options are. Im not sure on what to get, my cars bone stock with an exhaust and drag radials but i am going to use it at a local course with cup tires as well, i was looking into the mcleod rxt rated for 1000hp, i know it is over kill but even if i some day throw heads and cam at the car i will not have to worry about the clutch. Also i was wondering if anyone has the rxt i want to know how does it drive? A friend has one in a lightly modded terminator and its great his only complaint is that it does have a slight chatter while driving at low rpms. Also will the rxt be okay on the road course?

any input would be appreciated thank you

Lou
Old 04-08-2014, 07:36 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,053 Likes on 1,305 Posts

If you don't need the extra holding capacity of a ceramic friction material or the heat it can tolerate, then I wouldn't recommend using it as it will glaze and possibly chatter if you slip it excessively and don't deglaze it just like babying more aggressive friction brake pads on the street. Our LT1-S has factory pedal effort/engagement and longevity being it is the only twin disc pressure plate that compensate for wear and used in the C7. It will easily handle h/c power should you decide to go down that road at a later date as it has more plate load than the V6 pressure plate used in the clutch you mention. You can opt for our lightweight flywheel to help rev match easier at the track, feel free to contact me with any questions or a quote.

Quick Reply: [Z06] replacement clutch