Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Bassani Cat Back-What Headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 06:25 PM
urdone4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bassani Cat Back-What Headers

I can't seem to find too many guys on here with the Bassani aft cat and headers. Are there any headers that fit the system without modification. Planning on throwing headers on this winter and don't want to go back to stock exhaust to do so.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:49 AM
zamora7
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You shouldn't have problem connecting a set of headers and x pipe to any cat back as long as it matches in size. All cat backs end up in the stock location and so should x pipes
Old 07-03-2014, 10:09 AM
urdone4
Instructor

Originally Posted by zamora7
You shouldn't have problem connecting a set of headers and x pipe to any cat back as long as it matches in size. All cat backs end up in the stock location and so should x pipes
http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/p-2...LoWdyvmMTw_wcB

The Bassani system utilizes a muffler under the torque tube plate in the middle of the car (see in link above). There are no mufflers in the rear like a stock car making it a true after cat system. With that being said, if I got a set of headers and x pipe from ARH per say, I would just have straight pipes because the muffler would be replaced by the x-pipe.

I am looking for insight from guys who have run the Bassani exhaust with headers, or didn't end up running headers because of the fabrication necessary.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:14 AM
JeffT1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by urdone4
I can't seem to find too many guys on here with the Bassani aft cat and headers. Are there any headers that fit the system without modification. Planning on throwing headers on this winter and don't want to go back to stock exhaust to do so.
The system you have appears to bolt up to the factory cat pipes, so a set of B&B headers should work.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:31 PM
psp6158
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts

I've never heard of Bassani on a Corvette, but if it sounds like they do on my Harleys, see if they will throw in some ear plugs lol... Beautiful stuff they make.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:21 PM
urdone4
Instructor

Originally Posted by JeffT1
The system you have appears to bolt up to the factory cat pipes, so a set of B&B headers should work.
Thank you Jeff.

Yes the system bolts up to the factory cat pipes. I will start looking for a set of them.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:06 PM
briancb1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by urdone4
http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/p-2...LoWdyvmMTw_wcB

The Bassani system utilizes a muffler under the torque tube plate in the middle of the car (see in link above). There are no mufflers in the rear like a stock car making it a true after cat system. With that being said, if I got a set of headers and x pipe from ARH per say, I would just have straight pipes because the muffler would be replaced by the x-pipe.

I am looking for insight from guys who have run the Bassani exhaust with headers, or didn't end up running headers because of the fabrication necessary.
The system you are looking at is for a C5 corvette with 2.5" exhaust.

While the C6 is similar, it is a different part and still is only available with a 2.5" pipe for a non-Z06 Vette.

I recommend B&B PRT axle back mufflers, they give a deep low pitched rumble and have no metallic rasp at higher rpm.

Get notified of new replies

To Bassani Cat Back-What Headers

Quick Reply: [Z06] Bassani Cat Back-What Headers