Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] GM Employee Discount - Z06

Old 07-02-2006, 10:36 PM
Staxxin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM Employee Discount - Z06

I did a search and didn't see this question directly answered. Does GM Employee discounts apply to the Z06?

Thanks!!!
Old 07-02-2006, 10:42 PM
rgregory
Race Director

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

If you find a dealer willing yes. It is the dealers decision. I doubt any dealer will offer a Z06 at employee discount when most people consider themselves lucky to get one at MSRP.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Kevin93
Burning Brakes

Received 148 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by rgregory
If you find a dealer willing yes. It is the dealers decision. I doubt any dealer will offer a Z06 at employee discount when most people consider themselves lucky to get one at MSRP.
The Z isn't even listed on the employee pricing schedules, so it mighy be an upgill battle even with a willing dealer...
Old 07-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Z06Fever53
Advanced

Originally Posted by rgregory

When Chevy was advertising thier GM Employee Discount a while ago, they said at the bottom of the commercial that the Corvette was excluded.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:47 PM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Sales have to really be bad to find a dealer to be willing.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Staxxin
Advanced

Originally Posted by outnumbered
Sales have to really be bad to find a dealer to be willing.
I didn't realize... I thought former GM employee's could utilize their discount anytime on eligible vehicles.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:29 PM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Staxxin
I didn't realize... I thought former GM employee's could utilize their discount anytime on eligible vehicles.
I am eligible for the discount and have used it on many vehicles.I was trying to buy a C5Z and couldn't find a dealer that would do it.

I see we are neighbors.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:35 PM
Staxxin
Advanced

Good to know... I'm personally not eligible but my Aunt is so I was thinking of using hers on a C6 Z06 but I wasn't sure if the car was eligible. Yeah, I noticed that... What part of Fallston are you in? I live in Delmar Farms, right off 165.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:39 PM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Good to know... I'm personally not eligible but my Aunt is so I was thinking of using hers on a C6 Z06 but I wasn't sure if the car was eligible. Yeah, I noticed that... What part of Fallston are you in? I live in Delmar Farms, right off 165.
I am down pass the high school off Carrs Mill.Small world!
Old 07-03-2006, 02:14 AM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

And that is the problem with the whole program. It's the Dealerships option to accept the discount program. In my opinion people that qualify to use the program should be allowed to make their purchase directly from the factory. What's the point of allowing employee's the ability to get a discount if the dealerships won't sell it to them?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:23 AM
yell03
Safety Car

Received 465 Likes on 249 Posts

I met a guy outside my business, he pulled up in a 2006 Silver Z06 with no options, MSRP was like $65900.

He did something for GM which qualified him for the discount.

He actually bought the car for $58,900 I believe, no more than $59,900-I remember it was under $60K.

I was blown away that a dealer actually did that for him.

He was an older gentleman, not the young bragger type who might lie about what they actually paid, so I am sure he was telling the truth.

I gave him my card and although Silver is not my favorite color for a Vette, I told him any time he wanted to sell it to call me 1st and he will not LOSE any money.

Howard
Old 07-03-2006, 07:29 AM
feline
Instructor

Hi, would like to know if ANY Dealership will let you use "GM in the Driveway" on a Z06?? I used it on my 2006 C6 with no Problem but this is a different dealer and they said "NO" on a Z06.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:08 AM
Staxxin
Advanced

Okay, so if I understand correctly, edibility is not the issue it’s the participating dealer. If I could find a willing dealer, the GM Employee discount would apply?
Old 07-03-2006, 08:22 AM
yell03
Safety Car

Received 465 Likes on 249 Posts

That seems to be the case, but can you blame a dealer for not wanting to give up a potential profit of $10,000-$15,000 at $5000 over plus holdback to sell you a car at less than invoice and only make 2-3% holdback.

I think you could easily snag a C6 coupe or Vert, heck you could probably pick up a BASE coupe for under $40K, but the C6 Z06s are their money makers right now.

I would see if maybe a dealer who is asking MSRP + $5000 would sell you the car for the GM discount if you still kicked in the $5000, you would still be getting a decent deal and the dealer will be happy also.

Howard
Old 07-03-2006, 08:23 AM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 388 Likes on 193 Posts

Okay, so if I understand correctly, edibility is not the issue it’s the participating dealer. If I could find a willing dealer, the GM Employee discount would apply?

Absolutely..............I actually had a GMID certificate, and offered it, prior to purchase of my new '06 Z06.........the GM just smiled.........

HOWEVER, I just grinned back as I gave him their own "$1,000 off your next purchase from us" coupon. The dealership had given my wife this coupon last year when she purchased her Malibu Maxx LT from them.

She remembered that she saved it and actually brought it to the dealership after negotations (if you can call them that, I paid MSRP).
Old 07-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

Actually no, you still have to qualify and the dealership has to agree to it. There are different programs but the lowest price off MSRP is the GM employee discount, which extends to family members of the employee as well. The other similiar programs are good but don't get you as much off the price.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:21 PM
BLUZ51
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default The Dealer is correct

Originally Posted by feline
Hi, would like to know if ANY Dealership will let you use "GM in the Driveway" on a Z06?? I used it on my 2006 C6 with no Problem but this is a different dealer and they said "NO" on a Z06.
Also GM has to allow it. Right now the Z06 does not fall under any of the discount programs. With the introduction of the C6 last year it was on again off again throughout the year. The Verts were not allowed at all. Then with the introduction of the 06s they allowed it on Coupes and Verts. But not the Z06.
So to use it the vehicle has to be eligible first and then the dealer has to allow you use the discount.

This is an excerpt from the Supplier discount web page.
There are several more listed that are allowed. Buicks, Cadillacs, Pontiacs, Saabs, Hummers, and Saturns.
The only other one that I saw that wasn't allowed is the:
HUMMER H1 Alpha NO

________________________________________ ___

Updated 2/24/2006 – 2007 Models | 2006 Models

Most GM vehicles are eligible for purchase or lease through the GM Supplier Discount Program. Please take a look at the charts below for model eligibility and restrictions.

SVPP
Chevrolet Aveo YES
Chevrolet HHR YES
Chevrolet Cobalt YES
Chevrolet Corvette YES
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 NO
Chevrolet Impala YES
________________________________________ ___

So even if you wanted to purchase it with the discount GM will not
allow the dealer to do it. Can a dealer sell you a vehicle at a price below MSRP that is equal to GMS or Supplier. Sure but that is the
choice of the dealer.

The chart above is basically what vehicles GM is allowing the dealer to
use with any of the discount programs.

Last edited by BLUZ51; 07-03-2006 at 03:54 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To GM Employee Discount - Z06

Old 07-03-2006, 03:48 PM
feline
Instructor

Much THANKS for All that Information--Hey a "Girl" has got to try!!!
Old 07-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

The GM Employee discount (to real GM Employees) is mandatory on all except a few GM vehicles. With the Corvette, the dealers participation to employee discount is optional... the dealer isn't forced to give the discount to GM employees if they desire not to on the Corvette.

There were about 4 to 5 GM vehicles that the employee discount is dealer optional. Corvette, Caddy SLR, and a few others I can't think of. And this changes - monthly - sometimes.

Originally Posted by Z06Fever53
When Chevy was advertising thier GM Employee Discount a while ago, they said at the bottom of the commercial that the Corvette was excluded.
but this statement was to non-GM employees, during that special period where GM was giving the Employee discount to everyone.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Fever53
This is an excerpt from the Supplier discount web page.
keep in mind that the GM Employee discount program and the GMS (GM Supplier) program are not the same program. Two different animals.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] GM Employee Discount - Z06