Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

The ultimate trans/ diff package. Billet sequential with quick change rear end

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2020, 02:32 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Default The ultimate trans/ diff package. Billet sequential with quick change rear end

Over the past 2 years, I’ve worked with Rick and Clay at RTS to come up with the most powerful solution for our Corvettes. It fits both C5 and C6’s I've got a complete billet sequential system that’s a complete, bolt-in solution for those that don’t want to keep throwing money at their transmission and don’t care to play with the automatics. They each have a Billet case, 300m and 9310 shafts and gears throughout, billet pump with integrated spray bar system. There is also an isolated section of the transmission which holds a pair of gears that can be swapped in 20 minutes on the bench and allow you to multiply or divide the ratios of the entire transmission by a factor. Since this is a racing transmission, the gear ratios from gear to gear remain relatively close. There is no such thing as a .65 6th gear ratio however there are many gear options for each gear. Although there isn’t a low 6th gear option, overdrive is an option and you can top out 6th gear at any power level. The differential is a RTS 1000. The main housing is a quick change from Winters, which incorporates 10” ring and pinion combination. With the quick-change differential, you gain the ability to have almost countless ratio options. The gears can be changed easily, literally in minutes. Here's an example of how it benefits you: Imagine for a moment that you want to have your car top out 6th gear in the 1/8mi this weekend and the following weekend, you have a 1/2mi race. You would remove 6 cap screws, change one pair of gears (they cost around 88.00/pair) and you're ready to go. This has the best of the best of everything. Will hold anything you can throw at it. So far it's held up to many high powered cars including a number of Dodge Vipers, some abusive, high-powered Formula Pro Drift series cars, making well north of 1kwhp (and they aren't always spinning). It's also held up on a promod making thousands to the tire. This kit is complete from end to end with a 10" quick change differential, custom DSS Level 5 Race axle shafts, custom torque tube with custom DSS shaft, shifter and many options, including bluetooth paddle shifting, automatic shifting after launch, rev matching on down shifts, torque (fuel/spark) cut on the upshifts and more. It’s not cheap but it’s important to consider not only what's included, but what it’s capable of. There is currently no product on this planet that even comes remotely close to doing what this 6XD package will do or holding the kinds of power that this has already held up to. When all things are taken into consideration, it's an incredible price. For those of you that don't want to give up the interaction with your car that a manual transmission offers, don't want to worry about making 1k 2k even 3kwhp and having your transmission and differential break regularly, this will be the only real, viable option for a street car.The base package costs just under 30 and is going up by 1100.00 in January.

I might be interested in buying your old transmission and differential for added convenience.I'll be adding more pictures as I am able. Please do not call the shop. PM me directly for help with this package and if needed I'll set up a time for a phone call where we can discuss things at length.

This is the integrated oil pump for spraying the gears directly. The spray bar is machined into the case.

The billet shifter is offset to allow the driver to set the shifter in the most comfortable position. They are offered with different offsets, up to 4", creating an 8" allowable variance from side to side or front to year. That is actually larger than the hole in the tunnel will accept for our Vettes though. a 2" offset will be more than enough.

Notice the differential is supported at both the front and rear, by the front and rear of the factory cradle. The billet mounting brackets in the rear are easily installed in minutes.

billet rear cover for the quick change differential.

behind the support rail, lies a load cell. The placement and quality of this load cell means that you won't end up having to have some 2' long shifter in order for it to work.

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.
The following 3 users liked this post by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance:
Pb82 Ronin (12-10-2020), v8sten (12-16-2020), WA 2 FST (12-10-2020)
Old 12-10-2020, 03:03 PM
drewz06
thing knower
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 926 Likes on 684 Posts

holy baby Jesus that's a sweet piece!
Old 12-10-2020, 03:25 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Received 942 Likes on 686 Posts

Jesus, that is beautiful.
Old 12-10-2020, 04:29 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by drewz06
holy baby Jesus that's a sweet piece!
Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin
Jesus, that is beautiful.
It looks better in person. The internals on these are also beautiful. All of the gears are micro-polished. I'll get one out and share a photo of it.
I think that I forgot to mention that there was a Viper at FL2k making 2700whp that was running this transmission but not the diff.
He was giving it absolute hell and it did well for him. I was also told yesterday that the new viper 1/2mi record was just set beating the previous by 15mph if I'm not mistaken. That car also has this sequential in it. Great things will be happening with the Vettes soon!
We're installing one in my brothers 1500whp TT Vette soon and there's another forum member who's is just now being finished up. Stay tuned for results!!
Old 12-10-2020, 04:33 PM
Supporting Vendor

Here's my new, wider 1st gear.

The following 3 users liked this post by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance:
Apocolipse (12-10-2020), drewz06 (12-10-2020), Pb82 Ronin (12-10-2020)
Old 12-11-2020, 03:38 AM
Suaveat69
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Bout time. He told me back in June that these would be out very soon. Price has gone up 2k since then. Torsen the only one availble? Is blip available with this package.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:16 AM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Received 942 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Suaveat69
Bout time. He told me back in June that these would be out very soon. Price has gone up 2k since then. Torsen the only one availble? Is blip available with this package.
Wait...what? Torsen? As in Torsen diff??? I never saw Torsen mentioned...OP can we get a Torsen diff in these?

Last edited by Pb82 Ronin; 12-11-2020 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12-11-2020, 10:32 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Suaveat69
Torsen is all they're using. They have them dialed in. As far as functionality is concerned, they're the same as the Quaife and all of the others with the exception of Wavetrac. The advantage of wavetrac is works better in circumstances that I don't believe I'll ever end up in.

Yes, they offer an additional box for DBW cars that takes care of throttle blip or rev matching on downshifts, spark and fuel cut on upshifts.

Bret
Old 12-12-2020, 10:29 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin
Wait...what? Torsen? As in Torsen diff??? I never saw Torsen mentioned...OP can we get a Torsen diff in these?
All they use is Torsen along with 300m shafts etc. They've never broken one of these differentials before and they've been put through hell so far. I plan to beat the crap out of mine and will get videos once I do.
The top chart is the differential gear chart for each pair of gears. (85.00 per pair) The bottom chart is based on one of my gear sets for playing at the 1/4mi track.

Last edited by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance; 12-12-2020 at 10:32 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Pb82 Ronin (12-12-2020)
Old 04-04-2024, 02:26 PM
Supporting Vendor

Now we have the 6XD-X which is capable of holding 3000hp with ease. Please contact me directly with any questions. Buying from me includes my support.
Old 04-04-2024, 08:53 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 897 Likes on 686 Posts

Would you sell the diff (configured for engine mounted trans), mounts, and axles - separately?

Get notified of new replies

To The ultimate trans/ diff package. Billet sequential with quick change rear end

Quick Reply: The ultimate trans/ diff package. Billet sequential with quick change rear end