Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] C7 seats to c6 ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 05:45 PM
TOM ZR1
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default C7 seats to c6 ?

I have read around the web that the new c7 seats will fit into the c6 anyone know for sure ?? What about the electrical connectors ?? Don't want to have the air bag light on.. I really like the look of the new comp seats coming out. Look real nice in my zr1. I hear they should be about 4k over the counter when available, Per my chevy dealer. Sure beats the price of you know who's !!! thanks..
Old 06-16-2015, 11:07 AM
Zeaux6504
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TOM ZR1
I have read around the web that the new c7 seats will fit into the c6 anyone know for sure ?? What about the electrical connectors ?? Don't want to have the air bag light on.. I really like the look of the new comp seats coming out. Look real nice in my zr1. I hear they should be about 4k over the counter when available, Per my chevy dealer. Sure beats the price of you know who's !!! thanks..
I would love to know if those c7 comp seats would fit. Anyone tried it yet?
Old 02-21-2016, 06:43 PM
awojtowicz
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have just completed installing a set of c7 GT seats into my c6.
The floor bolt pattern fits perfectly.
Here are the things that I had to figure out:
Seat Belts - I used the c6 belts/airbags/etc. I didn't want to mess up the safety systems, nor have issues with with my insurance company if I were in an accident and the safety systems didn't work. So I took all the air bag and seat belt wiring from the c6 wiring harness, and transferred it into the c7 seats. I also had to modify the seat belt attachment bolts since the c7 seat belts are attached differently than the c6 seat belts. My car does not have side air bags, so I just removed them from the c7 seats. I also had to mess with the seat position sensors, as well as the passenger detection sensor. I had to create a control system to allow the 8 way seat control switch to operate. If you have memory seats, I don't think the c6 body computers will know how to talk to the c7 memory module, but I just wanted the seat controls to work, so I just got that working. I did not do anything with any seat heat/fan systems, (the c7 seats were from a 1LT and my c6 is a 1LT) so that did not apply.

So the bottom line is that the c7 seats will bolt into the c6, but you will need to mess with the seat belts, airbag wiring, seat position controls, seat heat/cooling if applicable. Another note is that the seats seem "thicker" so with the seats all the way back, you will be a little closer, and a little higher than using the c6 seats. But they look, and feel great.
The following 2 users liked this post by awojtowicz:
timmyZ06 (02-21-2016), WHSER (02-21-2016)
Old 02-21-2016, 07:13 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

Pics!!!!
Old 02-22-2016, 08:18 AM
Campfire
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by awojtowicz
I have just completed installing a set of c7 GT seats into my c6.
The floor bolt pattern fits perfectly.
Here are the things that I had to figure out:
Seat Belts - I used the c6 belts/airbags/etc. I didn't want to mess up the safety systems, nor have issues with with my insurance company if I were in an accident and the safety systems didn't work. So I took all the air bag and seat belt wiring from the c6 wiring harness, and transferred it into the c7 seats. I also had to modify the seat belt attachment bolts since the c7 seat belts are attached differently than the c6 seat belts. My car does not have side air bags, so I just removed them from the c7 seats. I also had to mess with the seat position sensors, as well as the passenger detection sensor. I had to create a control system to allow the 8 way seat control switch to operate. If you have memory seats, I don't think the c6 body computers will know how to talk to the c7 memory module, but I just wanted the seat controls to work, so I just got that working. I did not do anything with any seat heat/fan systems, (the c7 seats were from a 1LT and my c6 is a 1LT) so that did not apply.

So the bottom line is that the c7 seats will bolt into the c6, but you will need to mess with the seat belts, airbag wiring, seat position controls, seat heat/cooling if applicable. Another note is that the seats seem "thicker" so with the seats all the way back, you will be a little closer, and a little higher than using the c6 seats. But they look, and feel great.
This is great info, thanks for sharing your work. My only concern is the statement I've highlighted. I'm only 6'-1" tall and already I have very limited head clearance with my helmet on, even with the seat all the way back and down. I'm disappointed to hear this may not be an option for me due to the seats positioning the driver a little higher in the car.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:41 PM
awojtowicz
3rd Gear

Well I have some photos that may help with the dimensions after the install:

Old 03-10-2016, 11:19 PM
Tobynt
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

They fit in mine just fine. Electronics for the seat motors and seat heater was a bit tricky. But I worked it out in the end.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...44b733dfa8.jpg

C7 seats in C6 Corvette
Old 03-11-2016, 01:03 AM
Tobynt
Instructor

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-finished.html
Old 03-12-2016, 08:19 AM
awojtowicz
3rd Gear

Looks awesome!
Old 03-12-2016, 09:17 AM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

the ONLY good thing about the C7is seats!!!

Last edited by timmyZ06; 03-12-2016 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:49 PM
Alpinist
Navigator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Tobynt;1591745720]They fit in mine just fine. Electronics for the seat motors and seat heater was a bit tricky. But I worked it out in the end.

Can you elaborate on the electronics issues?
Old 07-18-2016, 03:01 PM
Tobynt
Instructor

[QUOTE=Alpinist;1592653350]
Originally Posted by Tobynt
They fit in mine just fine. Electronics for the seat motors and seat heater was a bit tricky. But I worked it out in the end.

Can you elaborate on the electronics issues?
Not really an electronic issue. They simply will not work unless you figure out the C6 logic box and the C7 logic box. After that you get them to work together.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:32 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by timmyZ06
the ONLY good thing about the C7is seats!!!
The following users liked this post:
AntDIGGLER (11-12-2023)
Old 07-28-2016, 08:56 PM
Bgreenard
Go Fast

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

[QUOTE=Tobynt;1592653426]
Originally Posted by Alpinist

Not really an electronic issue. They simply will not work unless you figure out the C6 logic box and the C7 logic box. After that you get them to work together.
If you are willing to do a tech manual on the install and wiring, that may be a money making opportunity for you.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:27 PM
Miro
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Tobynt

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...44b733dfa8.jpg

C7 seats in C6 Corvette
how did you attach the skull on your headrest, where did you get it from, it looks awesome
thanks Miro

Get notified of new replies

To C7 seats to c6 ?

Quick Reply: [ZR1] C7 seats to c6 ?