Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Looks like it's time to move to C6Z...pricing discussion and values

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 02:41 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts
Default Looks like it's time to move to C6Z...pricing discussion and values

I've had a committed buyer wanting my C5Z for 26k for some time. Most recently we discussed him buying the car for 29k, but I didn't take it still, not because it wasn't a great offer, but because I felt I wasn't "done" with it yet.

Thinking about the next steps forward, I started to really consider that next step. I'd somewhat written of the C6 gen, wanting the new architecture of C7, and while I LOVE that cars presence and styling, GM and the new C7 Z06 didn't deliver the car I wanted. I'd really hoped for a focus on mass reduction and a slightly refined big liter n/a platform, and essentially it became a ZR1 instead...the car I didn't want. That's my opinion...no one has to agree with it. That said...I think GM needs some time to sell some cars, recover some investment and maybe...just maybe something will materialize in the spirit of Z06/GT3/etc.

For the time being, I think I'm going to look to C6Z. As I'm a person who modifies everything, I like to get in cheap, but yet get a quality car. I SCOURED the country for my C5Z and got a deal I didn't find again ever quite frankly, so I know if you're willing to travel nationwide, and strike when the iron is hot, the deals are out there. I see Z06's with 50k-65k really lingering strong in the 35k asking range, so my question is, has anyone done better?

I feel I can position myself around that number and definitely get a car to work with, I'm just curious if anyone has really pounded a deal out and got a car cheap. I don't mean the "my dad gave it to me for 20 grand" type of deals...that's unrealistic...my family hates me and none of them drive Corvettes...so...on to the realistic stuff.

Hopin my time is comin soon
Old 05-03-2015, 02:57 PM
garyc442
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RC000E
I've had a committed buyer wanting my C5Z for 26k for some time. Most recently we discussed him buying the car for 29k, but I didn't take it still, not because it wasn't a great offer, but because I felt I wasn't "done" with it yet.

Thinking about the next steps forward, I started to really consider that next step. I'd somewhat written of the C6 gen, wanting the new architecture of C7, and while I LOVE that cars presence and styling, GM and the new C7 Z06 didn't deliver the car I wanted. I'd really hoped for a focus on mass reduction and a slightly refined big liter n/a platform, and essentially it became a ZR1 instead...the car I didn't want. That's my opinion...no one has to agree with it. That said...I think GM needs some time to sell some cars, recover some investment and maybe...just maybe something will materialize in the spirit of Z06/GT3/etc.

For the time being, I think I'm going to look to C6Z. As I'm a person who modifies everything, I like to get in cheap, but yet get a quality car. I SCOURED the country for my C5Z and got a deal I didn't find again ever quite frankly, so I know if you're willing to travel nationwide, and strike when the iron is hot, the deals are out there. I see Z06's with 50k-65k really lingering strong in the 35k asking range, so my question is, has anyone done better?

I feel I can position myself around that number and definitely get a car to work with, I'm just curious if anyone has really pounded a deal out and got a car cheap. I don't mean the "my dad gave it to me for 20 grand" type of deals...that's unrealistic...my family hates me and none of them drive Corvettes...so...on to the realistic stuff.

Hopin my time is comin soon

My experience is that there are a lot of C6 ZO6's out there with relatively low mileage. From what I have seen ( at least in the SOCal market is that many low mileage cars are going for close to what cars with high(er) miles are going for. I recently ( in January) purchased a local 2006 ZO6 one owner super low mileage ( 3407 miles) in perfect condition for $42k...while on the other hand I found a lot of similar ZO6's with 25-50k miles for only a few thousand less and in a few cases they were priced the same.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:31 PM
TwoSmoke
Team Owner

Received 126 Likes on 78 Posts

Here is a cheap one I found on the net. 2008 Z06

Mechanically inclined?! If you are, or know someone that is mechanically inclined then this Corvette is for you! We are selling it AS IS for what we believe we will get at the auction making this is a great deal.
https://www.lemonfree.com/car/Chevro...YY26E385130467
Old 05-03-2015, 07:55 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Little too slutty for my taste
Old 05-03-2015, 07:58 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by garyc442
My experience is that there are a lot of C6 ZO6's out there with relatively low mileage. From what I have seen ( at least in the SOCal market is that many low mileage cars are going for close to what cars with high(er) miles are going for. I recently ( in January) purchased a local 2006 ZO6 one owner super low mileage ( 3407 miles) in perfect condition for $42k...while on the other hand I found a lot of similar ZO6's with 25-50k miles for only a few thousand less and in a few cases they were priced the same.
I tend to like a bit of a driven car myself. A 9 yr old z06 with less than 5k frankly is a bit of a risk. The car isnt even really broken in, and now its out of warranty period, possibly on original rubber. I like a well maintained, but used 50-65k mile car personally.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:56 PM
DRM87
Pro

Received 450 Likes on 153 Posts

What you're looking for is not unreasonable. I paid $38k for my '08 with 34k miles last year.

However, as you probably know, you may be better off buying in fall/winter.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:33 PM
THughes24
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly if you look everyday you can find deals. I just bought my Z in early December. I looked for a few months before finding an 07 with 28,000 miles and I gave 33k for it. I honestly don't think i could have found a better deal. If you are patient and do some searching you can find a deal. Good luck
Old 05-03-2015, 11:35 PM
Q427
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

youll find a great Z for 35k. Buddy picked up a 08z black/black 40k miles 2lz for $34k. Car was immaculate . Deals are out there ! good luck
Old 05-04-2015, 07:52 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

You will love the C6 Z06. Great platform.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:45 AM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by DRM87
What you're looking for is not unreasonable. I paid $38k for my '08 with 34k miles last year.

However, as you probably know, you may be better off buying in fall/winter.
I've bought every Corvette of mine in the past during that timeframe...that's a must in my opinion. 38 is a nice price for that mileage...wow.

Originally Posted by THughes24
Honestly if you look everyday you can find deals. I just bought my Z in early December. I looked for a few months before finding an 07 with 28,000 miles and I gave 33k for it. I honestly don't think i could have found a better deal. If you are patient and do some searching you can find a deal. Good luck
That's a crusher deal, that's what I'm talkin about.

Originally Posted by Q427
youll find a great Z for 35k. Buddy picked up a 08z black/black 40k miles 2lz for $34k. Car was immaculate . Deals are out there ! good luck
wow...that's serious!

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
You will love the C6 Z06. Great platform.
Yeah, I'm hoping so. I was on the fence and could've gotten into one, but that was pre-C7 Z06 timeframe and I wanted to wait and see what it was about. I decided to continue building my C5. To me the C6Z is worth 30k-35k. I never felt the desire to spend 40k or more, when at the time (2011/12) C5Z's were down...the 20k-25k price gap was justifiable...I never felt like the performance advantage was there. Now that the C5Z's have gotten stronger, and C6Z's have depreciated normally, I think the time is right. I'll probably be looking to unload my car late summer, then buy during this winter if all goes as planned.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:05 AM
AZDANZ06
Drifting

Received 145 Likes on 78 Posts

If you use www.searchtempest.com, put in your parameters, it will search all of the Craigslist ads nationwide, I have used this for many items over the last couple years.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:53 AM
mr84monte
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

http://odessa.craigslist.org/cto/4988031305.html

Not mine but just saw it

Get notified of new replies

To Looks like it's time to move to C6Z...pricing discussion and values

Quick Reply: [Z06] Looks like it's time to move to C6Z...pricing discussion and values