Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] !help! disable/remove YAW sensor

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 02:17 PM
ajw2500hd
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !help! disable/remove YAW sensor

ok i just did a auto swap on my c6z and every time i start to spin it goes into "active handling" which shuts the car off/down . is there anyway to disable this or trick the system? already unplugged the steering wheel sensor and pulled the abs fuses and it still kicks in and of course holding the button doesnt work. any idea or help thank you
Old 05-19-2015, 04:20 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Originally Posted by ajw2500hd
ok i just did a auto swap on my c6z and every time i start to spin it goes into "active handling" which shuts the car off/down . is there anyway to disable this or trick the system? already unplugged the steering wheel sensor and pulled the abs fuses and it still kicks in and of course holding the button doesnt work. any idea or help thank you
Active handling is part of the Anti Lock Brake System works and it is evident by some of your statements that you don't know how the system works.

If you disconnected the steering sensor then the yaw sensor isn't doing anything since active handling is defeated by unplugging the steering sensor. Active Handling uses the steering sensor to determine whether or not to activate since it needs to know which way you are trying to point the car. If it doesn't get that input the EBCM shuts it off during the ABS self test the EBCM conducts as soon as you start the engine.

Disconnecting the Steering Sensor however does not defeat Traction Control. You still have to turn traction off by using the button on the console.

The lateral G/yaw sensor only provide a signals to the EBCM. They do not send signals to any other module in the car.

Now if you pulled the ABS fuses that means that ABS, Traction Control and Active Handling are all non operative because you cut off the electrical power to the EBCM which is the unit that controls those functions. Without electrical power the EBCM is dead and can't control the brake pressure modulator valve meaning it can't tell the BPMV to release or apply a brake and it can't send a message to the ECM telling it to reduce torque. Disconnecting the yaw sensor will do nothing since the EBCM is already dead.

That means your problem is somewhere else.

Bill
Old 05-19-2015, 07:25 AM
ajw2500hd
Pro

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Active handling is part of the Anti Lock Brake System works and it is evident by some of your statements that you don't know how the system works.

If you disconnected the steering sensor then the yaw sensor isn't doing anything since active handling is defeated by unplugging the steering sensor. Active Handling uses the steering sensor to determine whether or not to activate since it needs to know which way you are trying to point the car. If it doesn't get that input the EBCM shuts it off during the ABS self test the EBCM conducts as soon as you start the engine.

Disconnecting the Steering Sensor however does not defeat Traction Control. You still have to turn traction off by using the button on the console.

The lateral G/yaw sensor only provide a signals to the EBCM. They do not send signals to any other module in the car.

Now if you pulled the ABS fuses that means that ABS, Traction Control and Active Handling are all non operative because you cut off the electrical power to the EBCM which is the unit that controls those functions. Without electrical power the EBCM is dead and can't control the brake pressure modulator valve meaning it can't tell the BPMV to release or apply a brake and it can't send a message to the ECM telling it to reduce torque. Disconnecting the yaw sensor will do nothing since the EBCM is already dead.

That means your problem is somewhere else.

Bill
soooooooooooo anywhere in all this stuff are you telling me how to disable my "active handling"? thanks
Old 05-19-2015, 08:11 AM
c5racr1
Melting Slicks

Received 462 Likes on 331 Posts

Did you install a c6 auto harness ? Or did you use a stand alone harness? In either case you may want to call rpm or another vendor, they can probably get u right.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:40 AM
ajw2500hd
Pro

Originally Posted by c5racr1
Did you install a c6 auto harness ? Or did you use a stand alone harness? In either case you may want to call rpm or another vendor, they can probably get u right.
stand alone and already called they did know how to either
Old 05-19-2015, 05:26 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Originally Posted by ajw2500hd
soooooooooooo anywhere in all this stuff are you telling me how to disable my "active handling"? thanks
When you pulled the steering sensor connector you disabled Active Handling.

When you pulled the ABS fuses you disabled ABS, TC and AH. Is that succinct enough.

ABS, TC and AH are all controlled by the Electronic Brake Control Module.

If you are describing your problem and what you have done correctly then the problem lies elsewhere in the car.

You may have an ECM problem or some sort of a misfire issue but with those fuses pulled the EBCM and all of the functions of the EBCM are not just disabled they are dead, dead, dead.

If you think AH is still doing something either you don't know how it works or you really haven't disconnected the steering sensor connector or pulled the fuses.

Bill
Old 05-19-2015, 10:18 PM
Vito.A
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Who did the conversion and what transmission did you use?
What controller are you using for the transmission?
When you say shuts the car off/down, do you mean it completely turns the ignition off or do you mean it applies the brakes?
Old 05-20-2015, 09:05 AM
ajw2500hd
Pro

Originally Posted by Vito.A
Who did the conversion and what transmission did you use?
What controller are you using for the transmission?
When you say shuts the car off/down, do you mean it completely turns the ignition off or do you mean it applies the brakes?
its a PSC controller, nah it just goes into active handling which wont let me move forward unless i let go of the gas and go again. for some reason it wont let me turn the active handling off when holding the button and i think its cause of the sensors not being plugged in for t56 and tire lights on from drag wheels

Get notified of new replies

To !help! disable/remove YAW sensor

Quick Reply: [Z06] !help! disable/remove YAW sensor