Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] 9's is the new 10's....who going in and with what combo ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 10:43 AM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 634 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Indepth
I know there's a way of tuning no lift shifts into our cars by either cutting fuel or spark at certain RPM when the clutch is engaged and this is how many tuners implement no lift shifts into their tunes.

It seems as though this device would cut timing while letting fuel continue. As I try to make the right choice on whether I want to tune it into my car or use this device I'm let with the question of which is better - cutting timing or fuel?

To me, cutting fuel would be the 'safer' method because when you cut timing you're not left letting the injector dump fuel into the cylinder for when timing is 're-engaged' after your shift and it's met with extra fuel.

Does anyone have any insight on this? Can you comment on how this devices performs no lift shifts for you? (I'm assuming this device cuts timing and lets the injectors do as they please in the short period of time the timing is cut.)
Tuners can use the Park/Neutral rev limiter trick..... https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...n-E38-computer

For me, I installed the LNC-2000 to cut spark and retard timing when I finally put the car on spray.

Plus, with the LNC-2000, you can adjust the spark interrupt with a small screw driver (supplied with unit) to adjust launch RPM on the fly without having to use a laptop to adjust the settings in the tune, which is much more convenient .
Old 07-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Indepth
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by FNBADAZ06
Tuners can use the Park/Neutral rev limiter trick..... https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...n-E38-computer

For me, I installed the LNC-2000 to cut spark and retard timing when I finally put the car on spray.

Plus, with the LNC-2000, you can adjust the spark interrupt with a small screw driver (supplied with unit) to adjust launch RPM on the fly without having to use a laptop to adjust the settings in the tune, which is much more convenient .
It is more convenient, however, my questions still remains - which is best? Cutting timing or fuel? I'm aware it can be done, how it is done, and where to do it in HPTuners.

My other question was HOW are you using the LNC-2000 to perform no lift shifts? From the instructions I'm reading it's a RPM limiting/'2-step' device only, not a no lift shift device? Unless I'm reading something wrong in the documentation on the device; which is entirely possible.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:57 AM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 634 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Indepth
It is more convenient, however, my questions still remains - which is best? Cutting timing or fuel? I'm aware it can be done, how it is done, and where to do it in HPTuners.

My other question was HOW are you using the LNC-2000 to perform no lift shifts? From the instructions I'm reading it's a RPM limiting/'2-step' device only, not a no lift shift device? Unless I'm reading something wrong in the documentation on the device; which is entirely possible.
My local tuner doesn't care to perform this in the tune. As far as which is best, I don't have an opinion or scientific reason to use one over the other...maybe other here or on the HP Tuner forum can give some ideas.

My LNC-2000 (a single step unit as it only has one RPM setting) is tied to my clutch switch, so every time the clutch pedal is engaged it will cut spark at whatever RPM I have it set too. As I generally launch above 4500+ RPM, the unit doesn't affect normal operations. As soon as revs climb above 4500+ RPM and I engage the clutch, the LNC will interrupt spark The LNC-2000 is not a latching device, so as soon as the clutch pedal is released normal spark operation is returned, regardless of RPM.

Last edited by FNBADAZ06; 07-07-2017 at 11:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Indepth (07-07-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Indepth
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by FNBADAZ06
My local tuner doesn't care to perform this in the tune. As far as which is best, I don't have an opinion or scientific reason to use one over the other...maybe other here or on the HP Tuner forum can give some ideas.

My LNC-2000 (a single step unit as it only has one RPM setting) is tied to my clutch switch, so every time the clutch pedal is engaged it will cut spark at whatever RPM I have it set too. As I generally launch above 4500+ RPM, the unit doesn't affect normal operations. As soon as revs climb above 4500+ RPM and I engage the clutch, the LNC will interrupt spark The LNC-2000 is not a latching device, so as soon as the clutch pedal is released normal spark operation is returned, regardless of RPM.
I'm really curious as to why your local tuner wouldn't perform this in the tune. Without knowing his reasoning I have second thoughts about implementing it on my car within my tune. I'd be interested to hear his reasoning...

Still a cool device nonetheless!
Old 11-21-2017, 04:48 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 897 Likes on 686 Posts

Bump!

End of the season is near! May only have 1 or 2 more track days left. Going to try real hard for that 9.99 pass. If it doesn't happen this year, it'll happen next year on 3.90s, 2" headers, and a 15" conversion.

My setup:
12.3 compression
Ported heads
TSP 4.2 cam
Mamo MSD
NW102
TSP 1-7/8" headers
Vararam
E85
Forgestar drag pack with 315/35/17 Street R tires
Car weighs 3245 with a half tank of gas and me in it.

This setup made 626whp and 560wtq SAE correction.

Last outing resulted in my best ET so far and best MPH. Ran a 10.8 spinning all of first gear and lazy shifting 2-3, 3-4. Best trap of the night was 136mph.

I'll be installing a clutch release valve to try and help me get a more consistent launch. Hopefully I can achieve my goal before getting kicked off the track for no cage.

Last edited by jayyyw; 11-21-2017 at 04:49 PM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] 9's is the new 10's....who going in and with what combo ?