Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Happy Anniversary to Sebast1x!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 07:55 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by LS7 BUD
First thing is Are you racing with us...? Where did I say there's a weight rule...? I want to bring scales to prove everyone isn't lying about what they got... I'm trying to cut the ******** outta the list... I don't need someone I've never talked to making excuses why we shouldn't weigh the cars... I'm waiting on the racers to say something not the spectators... Everyone had tons to say before I asked about the scales... If I'm not scared to weigh my car in front of everyone so why should anyone be scared...? Got something to hide...? Don't think I won't show up with every bit of weight pulled that I can...
I don't think anyone cares but I'll show you mine.

Old 11-05-2015, 08:40 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 261 Likes on 173 Posts

Fartpipe must be leaving up to his name with all that chipotle and taco bell.....riding that porcelyn pony are ya.....don't start a post and abandon it.....

I really feel like the only reason i'd care about the weight is to have a better more precise calculation of power made. But even then, if I do or don't see a result I want.....what's the difference? After seeing some of the costs of some weight reducing options......I feel that at .10 per 100lbs doesn't seem affordable for me and if some can then that's great.....but If they have that kinda of money they are already making more power than me if you follow. Run what you brung and givr the best you got. It's not pinks, no one is loosing their car
Old 11-05-2015, 08:56 PM
Sébast19X
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
I don't think anyone cares but I'll show you mine.

Wow 3000 that's light !!!

Hey guys, don't forget, fartymommalittlewinklepipes are hide in the trunk.

Seb in learning process
The following users liked this post:
Joe_G (11-05-2015)
Old 11-05-2015, 09:00 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

wow this thread is sooo freaking awesome!!!! How do i fit with a bolts on GS tuned by sebas19X????

Last edited by timmyZ06; 11-05-2015 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:02 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Sébast19X
Wow 3000 that's light !!!

Hey guys, don't forget, fartymommalittlewinklepipes are hide in the trunk.

Seb in learning process
Great point Seb

yeah joe G needed fartface in the trunk to make those Mickey Thompson stick that 1.4X like a boss. get yourself some hoosiers and leave fartlicious at home cleaning litter boxes, new PB on the way. BTW that OEM Z06 clutch is yours I wrapped all up and waiting for you to need it. Me and Seb wanna see passes 498-499-500 let's go.....that's a milestone

Last edited by rpmextra; 11-05-2015 at 09:04 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by rpmextra:
Joe_G (11-05-2015), Sébast19X (11-06-2015), timmyZ06 (11-05-2015)
Old 11-05-2015, 09:04 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

on serious note, who's going for real?? sebas ls7bud?? rpmextra?
Old 11-05-2015, 09:13 PM
LS7 BUD
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by timmyZ06
I'm 100% going and I've already got a crew wanting to come too...
timmyZ06 (11-05-2015)
Old 11-05-2015, 09:16 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by timmyZ06
well if this is happening next year at mir I will be down for sure, i will drive 9hrs to drag my big brother Seb if I have too. LS7 bud is near TO i believe so our paths would not cross on the way as I would be likely crossing the border in Odgensburg or 1000 islands then heading south the whole way. The car will be mean and ready as I missed out the opportunity this year, Another Summer with Seb will only mean I will be that much better and more prepared for MIR, I may have been overwhelmed this year at MIR if I'm honest but there was many more reasons why I could not go including 2 clutch failures with a month to go before MIR

Last edited by rpmextra; 11-05-2015 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:19 PM
LS7 BUD
Drifting

I'll be coming through Buffalo, NY when I cross...
Old 11-05-2015, 09:24 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I'll be coming through Buffalo, NY when I cross...
that's what I assumed. It gives me a 8.5-9hr trip from home what about you Damien?
Old 11-05-2015, 09:26 PM
LS7 BUD
Drifting

Originally Posted by rpmextra
that's what I assumed. It gives me a 8.5-9hr trip from home what about you Damien?
9 hours from where I am...
Old 11-05-2015, 10:08 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Great point Seb

yeah joe G needed fartface in the trunk to make those Mickey Thompson stick that 1.4X like a boss. get yourself some hoosiers and leave fartlicious at home cleaning litter boxes, new PB on the way. BTW that OEM Z06 clutch is yours I wrapped all up and waiting for you to need it. Me and Seb wanna see passes 498-499-500 let's go.....that's a milestone
I may take you up on that kind offer my Canadian brother! I may also need you to take a Florida Vacation in the sun this winter to help me put it in!

I still have my dancing shoes in the garage, but all my racing buds down here have sold their Vettes. I do miss going to the track very much.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:13 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Joe_G
I may take you up on that kind offer my Canadian brother! I may also need you to take a Florida Vacation in the sun this winter to help me put it in!

I still have my dancing shoes in the garage, but all my racing buds down here have sold their Vettes. I do miss going to the track very much.
I spent most of my summer practically alone at the track until the very end when I started meeting up with Seb on a regular bases. It's definitely more fun with friends but it would not stop me. Get those dancing shoes out. That blue rocket needs a good beating. get off the Harley
Sébast19X (11-06-2015)
Old 11-05-2015, 10:19 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

3165 is heavy... my car is a convertible.

Rpmextra, don't underestimate the effect of weight at the drag strip, particularly unsprung weight (wheels, tires, brake rotors). It makes a huge difference. I went two years of consistent 11.2's to consistent 11.0's and 10.99 (remember I'm a little LS2 and I don't have the magic shifter technique like Rob) JUST from going to front skinnies and taking my passenger seat out, about 40 lbs of unsprung and 53 lbs of sprung weight loss.

Here is my friend Justinjor/Juic3d in his coupe..

Sébast19X (11-06-2015)
Old 11-05-2015, 10:32 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I guess i will share mine too

if i remember correctly i weighed 285 at that time and i had the light weight battery, my best run part throttle launching at 2000 rpm and weighing in at 293 also a full size battery and full safe cell with pump and afr and dual rev limiter so a few pounds more and the weight of the battery cables to to rear mount battery
Sébast19X (11-06-2015)
Old 11-05-2015, 10:33 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

JoeG for the record I know very well that weight matters. What I saying is I don't think i'd start weighing everyones car. Being at 2875 like Justin is damn well amazing and a clear advantage for sure.....but If he beat me let's say.....well I wouldn't use that as leverage or an excuse. It's well within the tolerances and feel as though you run what you brung. Every piece that I replaced on the car I have tried to go for a little bit lighter version while at it. like my exhaust for example and optimum battery saved me a few. pulling the seat and using less gas was actually your tip to me that I follow all the time ever since. front skinnies for sure.....But it gets to a point where it gets real expensive.....like using a 6000$ tilton clutch that saves you 36lbs or 3000$ hood for another 11lbs, another 2k for red devil rotors to knock off 43lbs......if you did all that and more you probably had me beat already lol and it's ok with me. I just feel asking to weigh cars is like getting asked a drug test. Hopefully every one brings there best, stay with in the rules, and that's all I can hope for.
Sébast19X (11-06-2015)
Old 11-05-2015, 10:35 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
I guess i will share mine too

if i remember correctly i weighed 285 at that time and i had the light weight battery, my best run part throttle launching at 2000 rpm and weighing in at 293 also a full size battery and full safe cell with pump and afr and dual rev limiter so a few pounds more and the weight of the battery cables to to rear mount battery
Wow with you in it on top of that I starting to feel like I need Jenny Craig. i'd almost certainly would be over the 3350 mark with me in it

Last edited by rpmextra; 11-05-2015 at 10:36 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Happy Anniversary to Sebast1x!!!!

Old 11-05-2015, 10:38 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

JoeG for the record I know very well that weight matters. What I saying is I don't think i'd start weighing everyones car. Being at 2875 like Justin is damn well amazing and a clear advantage for sure.....but If he beat me let's say.....well I wouldn't use that as leverage or an excuse. It's well within the tolerances and feel as though you run what you brung. Every piece that I replaced on the car I have tried to go for a little bit lighter version while at it. like my exhaust for example and optimum battery saved me a few. pulling the seat and using less gas was actually your tip to me that I follow all the time ever since. front skinnies for sure.....But it gets to a point where it gets real expensive.....like using a 6000$ tilton clutch that saves you 36lbs or 3000$ hood for another 11lbs, another 2k for red devil rotors to knock off 43lbs......if you did all that and more you probably had me beat already lol and it's ok with me. I just feel asking to weigh cars is like getting asked a drug test. Hopefully every one brings there best, stay with in the rules, and that's all I can hope for.
Can't argue with that. It can get crazy - folks used to call it the "!" mod (it means to negate in some programming languages I think). Guys were taking out their evaporator and condenser coils... at some point it's not a street car anymore.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:51 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

First thing is Are you racing with us...? Where did I say there's a weight rule...? I want to bring scales to prove everyone isn't lying about what they got... I'm trying to cut the ******** outta the list... I don't need someone I've never talked to making excuses why we shouldn't weigh the cars... I'm waiting on the racers to say something not the spectators... Everyone had tons to say before I asked about the scales... If I'm not scared to weigh my car in front of everyone so why should anyone be scared...? Got something to hide...? Don't think I won't show up with every bit of weight pulled that I can...
Hey Bud, I'm Dennis glad to meet you , now lets cut the who cares about the weight, thats your prerogative to lose weight where ever you can or not, so you have a set of scales then weigh your car if you must or have something to prove. you have the heaviest Z06 on the list, if i can run my car against yours as a simple C6 i would gladly send you on the trailer, I am down 63 cubic inch. is it just an infatuation where you are trying to learn to cut the weight or do you just want to see if you are the lightest, obviously know one wants to tell you their weight or get on your scale. whats your next line if i was as light as you i could beat you all or if my car was blue
Old 11-05-2015, 11:03 PM
LS7 BUD
Drifting

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
Hey Bud, I'm Dennis glad to meet you , now lets cut the who cares about the weight, thats your prerogative to lose weight where ever you can or not, so you have a set of scales then weigh your car if you must or have something to prove. you have the heaviest Z06 on the list, if i can run my car against yours as a simple C6 i would gladly send you on the trailer, I am down 63 cubic inch. is it just an infatuation where you are trying to learn to cut the weight or do you just want to see if you are the lightest, obviously know one wants to tell you their weight or get on your scale. whats your next line if i was as light as you i could beat you all or if my car was blue
You might wanna go back through the thread and read what I've wrote... I've explained everything very simply why I have scales and why I want people to weigh their cars... I've clearly hurt feelings with the scales... I don't need to learn to pull weight I have my list of what's happening... People like to claim stuff but not back it up or prove it...

Oh BTW if you wanna race just ask...

Last edited by LS7 BUD; 11-05-2015 at 11:06 PM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Happy Anniversary to Sebast1x!!!!