Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] C7 competition seats in a C6 Corvette ZR1 conversion finished

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 10:09 PM
Tobynt
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default C7 competition seats in a C6 Corvette ZR1 conversion finished

Finally got the passanger seat finished. Fully functioning C7 Corvette competition seats except for airbags, they have been removed. I will start on the driver side this weekend. But I am extremely happy with the results of the passenger side.

C7 competition seats in a C6 Corvette.

The following 3 users liked this post by Tobynt:
greatgonzer (04-12-2016), Never-Enough (03-11-2016), vader03 (01-07-2018)
Old 03-10-2016, 10:17 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Looks good!

You say it's fully functioning. Does that mean all of the power adjustments work?

Are you going to do a full DIY write-up or at least provide necessary details of how to hook things up to work? TIA
Old 03-10-2016, 10:20 PM
Tobynt
Instructor

Yes sir...the power adjustments work and the heated seats work and are controlled with the factory seat heater buttons on the console panel!

Write up.....I have done a few write ups in the past on other cars for other forums. Honestly, I don't know if I got it in me to do it. I just spent 4 days tracking down how to make them work and sifting though my factory manuals for the C6.

This was no joke....I almost tossed in the towel a few times on it.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:20 PM
Richard Ames
Drifting

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

Nice set up why no side air bags. '
Old 03-10-2016, 10:22 PM
Tobynt
Instructor

I don't need them. It is a dedicated four point harness car with a roll bar. The airbag cover had to be "modified" so the seat could be moved back far enough to clear the roll bar.
Old 03-11-2016, 02:19 AM
vettekid05
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

How much were the seats?
Love the Jake!
Did you have the Jake custom done?
Old 03-11-2016, 02:21 AM
SquirrelyNutz
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have been wanting to put C7 comp seats in mine so I can run harnesses but still have a factory look. Looks great!
Old 03-11-2016, 05:42 AM
narush
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

They look awesome
Old 03-11-2016, 08:47 AM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Would love to do this so hopefully you can do a write up.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:19 AM
Tobynt
Instructor

Ran across the seats on ebay last fall for a touch over 4 grand. The Jake is something I did myself. I have a sign/engraving company.

Last edited by Tobynt; 03-11-2016 at 09:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
JDBlack7 (11-15-2020)
Old 03-11-2016, 09:43 AM
Mikeyfitz
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

That is awesome. I have been debating swapping my seats out for something for grippy.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:26 PM
Tobynt
Instructor

I had to delete the airbag box. Made a plate to cover up the hole in the seat. The box would not let the seat go all the way back with the roll bars in place.

Before and after

Old 03-29-2016, 08:10 PM
ppage27
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tobynt
Ran across the seats on ebay last fall for a touch over 4 grand. The Jake is something I did myself. I have a sign/engraving company.
Was the cooling feature able to be used? For all the connections to retain previous controls did you just have to splice wires together or actually get some type of logic controller.

Forgot to say what a wonderful job! cant wait to see more of this!

Last edited by ppage27; 03-29-2016 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:20 PM
Tobynt
Instructor

Originally Posted by subchev
If there are others who are interested in doing a conversion like this,
reach out to us and we can get you a quote
I am not sure what you are going to quote them? Do remove the C6 seats and retrofit the C7 seats in the C6? If so...I could have saved a ton of time and headache tracing down all of the electrical and just have you guys do it. What would you have charged for this conversion?
Old 03-29-2016, 08:27 PM
Tobynt
Instructor

Originally Posted by ppage27
Was the cooling feature able to be used? For all the connections to retain previous controls did you just have to splice wires together or actually get some type of logic controller.

Forgot to say what a wonderful job! cant wait to see more of this!
The cooling feature is only fans that circulate in the seat. They are wired to a "key on" fuse and I wired a one speed toggle and put it next to the seat adjusters.

These seats did not come with heaters or the cooling fan. I had to order the C7 comp seat heaters and fans for these seats. You will have to use the thermostatic leads from the C6 heaters and wire them in the c7 heat pads (this is required to make the heaters kick on in the C6). After that...simply use the C6 logic box for the seat heaters and this will allow you to use the stock "heated seat" button on the console to control them.
SteveDoten (03-30-2016)
Old 03-29-2016, 08:34 PM
ppage27
Instructor

The cooling feature is only fans that circulate in the seat. They are wired to a "key on" fuse and I wired a one speed toggle and put it next to the seat adjusters.

These seats did not come with heaters or the cooling fan. I had to order the C7 comp seat heaters and fans for these seats. You will have to use the thermostatic leads from the C6 heaters and wire them in the c7 heat pads (this is required to make the heaters kick on in the C6). After that...simply use the C6 logic box for the seat heaters and this will allow you to use the stock "heated seat" button on the console to control them.
Thanks so much for the reply and photo!! I just recently started up a thread looking to find a way to introduce the fans in my c6 seat. Thought since i liked the c7s seat fans when i tried it why not look to see if i can install them in my car. Glad i got to see that angle of the seat fans to get an idea how they are set up. Seems fairly simple. Might be able to just get some pc case fans and wire them up.... who knows hahaha
Old 03-29-2016, 08:40 PM
Tobynt
Instructor

Originally Posted by ppage27
Thanks so much for the reply and photo!! I just recently started up a thread looking to find a way to introduce the fans in my c6 seat. Thought since i liked the c7s seat fans when i tried it why not look to see if i can install them in my car. Glad i got to see that angle of the seat fans to get an idea how they are set up. Seems fairly simple. Might be able to just get some pc case fans and wire them up.... who knows hahaha
Yup, that's all it is to it. That is a picture of the seat bottom. The set back has a large one in the center at the top....it would be placed in between your shoulder blades on a normal 5'10" to 6' person.

One thing to note. The C7 seat covers a way "thicker" with a "netting" type materiel. My theory is this. The thickness and "airy" structure of the C7 seat aids in the seat cooling not feeling like they only have two fans in the seat..rather helps it feel like an "evenish" distribution of air through the seat pad.
ppage27 (03-29-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To C7 competition seats in a C6 Corvette ZR1 conversion finished

Old 03-29-2016, 09:19 PM
ppage27
Instructor

Yup, that's all it is to it. That is a picture of the seat bottom. The set back has a large one in the center at the top....it would be placed in between your shoulder blades on a normal 5'10" to 6' person.

One thing to note. The C7 seat covers a way "thicker" with a "netting" type materiel. My theory is this. The thickness and "airy" structure of the C7 seat aids in the seat cooling not feeling like they only have two fans in the seat..rather helps it feel like an "evenish" distribution of air through the seat pad.
I noticed that in a review video they did of dissecting it. I was going to try and see if i could find that material to lay over the foam before the cover went back on.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:02 AM
jcguy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Would like a quote, where are you located?
Old 04-04-2016, 02:52 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

I would like a quote! Quote is for everything, or just the install hardwares?

Quick Reply: [ZR1] C7 competition seats in a C6 Corvette ZR1 conversion finished