Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] DashLogic dash control?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 05:21 PM
7.0Ltrs of Love
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default DashLogic dash control?

Is the autometer DashLogic OBDII device worth the money? Does it show TRUE numbers or are they all "calculated estimates?" read a post about the oil temp reading differently from OEM dash read out so started wondering if all the PIDs it reads through OBDII are just estimates like IAT1/2, boost etc...? I normally prefer gauges for accuracy but being in a ZR1 i really didnt want to take away from the OEM interior appearance..
Old 07-04-2016, 09:04 PM
B-Sizzle
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 7.0Ltrs of Love
Is the autometer DashLogic OBDII device worth the money? Does it show TRUE numbers or are they all "calculated estimates?" read a post about the oil temp reading differently from OEM dash read out so started wondering if all the PIDs it reads through OBDII are just estimates like IAT1/2, boost etc...? I normally prefer gauges for accuracy but being in a ZR1 i really didnt want to take away from the OEM interior appearance..
I love mine. It just pulls the data from the ecm and OE sensors so I don't know how it would more or less accurate than what the ecm is. It also has the ability to use external sensors. I'm running a PLX wideband and it works great.

My favorite part is the ability to build custom warnings. You can get about as complex as you want on the syntax. Something as simple as [knock retard >1.5] or more complicated like [ TPS > 90 & RPM > 4500 & Boost < 12.5 psi] to tell you if you are having boost loss/belt slip.

I'm thinking about adding a fuel pressure sensor at the rail since I've switch to an e85 / Bosch 044 setup with a 6um Fuelab filter. The idea would be a warning to detect deviation (restriction), something like [OE sensor - rail sensor > 3psi]
Old 07-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

It reads whatever the ecu sees. Well worth it. Amazing device.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:25 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by 7.0Ltrs of Love
I literally just noticed yesterday that its reading different oil temps than the DIC. It reads about 20* higher than the DIC until oil temps stabilize and then it reads the same. Other than that its a great product. Great way to monitor IAT2
The following users liked this post:
7.0Ltrs of Love (07-05-2016)
Old 07-05-2016, 08:14 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

The oil temp is the only fluke, because the ECU doesn't' see the sensor. So ECU only has calculated oil temp, and dash gets signal right from sensor. That is the only case like that.
The following users liked this post:
7.0Ltrs of Love (07-05-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To DashLogic dash control?

Quick Reply: [ZR1] DashLogic dash control?