Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] New Build Complete; Disappointing Dyno Numbers...BUT

Old 08-13-2016, 09:05 AM
tdeweese
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

Default New Build; Disappointing Dyno on "PAPER"...HOWEVER

With the intent in mind to increase the durability, drive ability and overall street, track performance I changed up my original combo from a LPE 660hp built car to the following.
Hutter built short block with Mahle forged pistons with 1mm,1mm,1.5 rings (Rebuilt Due to COMP TRUNION FAILURE) with only 6400 miles on it.
Katech Blue oil pump with modified pan.
Advanced Induction 280cc heads
Stock GM rockers
Tony Mamo spec'd Mild 240/252 cam
Johnson short travel lifters with pressure feed oiling
Manton pushrods custom lengths
Tony Mamo MSD ported and shaved manifold
NW 102 TB
Bosch Injectors
Mighty Mouse PCV Catch can.
Halltech 103
AR headers and Corsa exhaust
RPM level IV transmission
Twin Disc Clutch
RPM rear end with 3.73 gears.

The car runs ALOT stronger vs the LPE 660hp package which had the larger 243/259 .700" cam. The driveability is great very smooth above 1600 rpms NO surging. Have only put 200 easy miles on it so far but the seat of the pants feel is unreal. BUT the dyno numbers are not doing this package justice. BUT again, when I picked the car up from Hutter's dyno shop his first question was what is your setup exactly?? Because that is the highest Dyno numbers they have seen from a street driven Zo6 with LS7. He also said the next higher car Dyno'd at 582hp and runs 9's. He said to compare with Dynojet numbers I would fall between 620-630 HP. SO, with that info and how the car drives I am very happy with the setup. SHOUT OUT TO TONY MAMO, PHIL at ADVANCED INDUCTION AND BRIAN TOOLEY FOR HELPING ME ALONG THE WAY!!
Attached Images    

Last edited by tdeweese; 08-14-2016 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:58 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Screw dyno # run that betch down the track sounds like you got a rocket on your hands.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:57 AM
tdeweese
Pro

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Screw dyno # run that betch down the track sounds like you got a rocket on your hands.
Thanks, I think so.. Going to bolt on my Drag Radials next month and see if all the hard work paid off!!
Old 08-13-2016, 11:58 AM
double06
Melting Slicks

Received 374 Likes on 299 Posts

Default Dyno question

What you need to ask him is what does a totally stock C6 Z06 do on their dyno and then you can figure out the real delta and compare apples to apples.
Old 08-13-2016, 12:09 PM
tdeweese
Pro

Originally Posted by double06
What you need to ask him is what does a totally stock C6 Z06 do on their dyno and then you can figure out the real delta and compare apples to apples.
Good Point! I will do that and post what they say. Thanks!! He mentioned most H/C/I cars come in around 520hp on his Dyno.
Old 08-14-2016, 12:05 AM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

That's about 630rwhp, as you said, on a Dynojet. Why are you disappointed in that?
Old 08-14-2016, 06:55 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 903 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by Tech
That's about 630rwhp, as you said, on a Dynojet. Why are you disappointed in that?
Todd, car looks sweet!!

Congrats on the results

I think he is more disappointed its a stingy dyno and he doesn't get to go home with a big number on an 8 X 11 piece of paper.

We all like to see the big numbers....its just part of the hobby.....most important thing is how it runs and how awesome the G forces flatten you in your seat!

Enjoy it.....maybe roll on a local DynoJet at some point to get a number a little more representative!

Regards,
Tony

PS.....The manifold I helped you with looks great but your crazy for not running my fitted red valve covers on there....that's the finishing touch on the under hood aesthetics! (especially with your red body color!)

Please take the time to also visit my website at www.MamoMotorsports.com

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 08-14-2016 at 06:58 AM.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:44 AM
Tech
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo
Todd, car looks sweet!!

Congrats on the results

I think he is more disappointed its a stingy dyno and he doesn't get to go home with a big number on an 8 X 11 piece of paper.

We all like to see the big numbers....its just part of the hobby.....most important thing is how it runs and how awesome the G forces flatten you in your seat!

Enjoy it.....maybe roll on a local DynoJet at some point to get a number a little more representative!

Regards,
Tony

PS.....The manifold I helped you with looks great but your crazy for not running my fitted red valve covers on there....that's the finishing touch on the under hood aesthetics! (especially with your red body color!)
I disagree with the craziness. I prefer all LSs without them.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:10 AM
tdeweese
Pro

Todd, car looks sweet!!

Congrats on the results

Regards,
Tony

Your right Tony, would have been nice to see an impressive graph, however this car absolutely rips! Did you notice it carried the power all the way to 7200rpm! The Heads, Cam and lifter package really shines, the engine builder said looks similar to a solid roller graph. As far as the covers go, I do have a set that I will trim to fit, but since everything is new I have been still doing my checks and did not want to cover anything up yet.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:12 AM
tdeweese
Pro

Todd, car looks sweet!!

Congrats on the results

Regards,
Tony

BTW the "stingy" dyno was a Mustang MD-17 dyno that has a 60" steel drum that weighs 1800 pounds and rated for 3000HP. Hutter dyno's some nasty twin turbo and N/A builds!!
Old 08-14-2016, 11:15 AM
tdeweese
Pro

Not disappointed with the results at all, this car is absolutely amazing to drive and the power is incredible, extremely smooth!! Just wanted to post a nice graph!! Proof will be when I take it to the track..
Old 08-14-2016, 03:02 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Originally Posted by tdeweese
New Build Complete; Disappointing Dyno Numbers...BUT
Originally Posted by tdeweese
Not disappointed with the results at all, this car is absolutely amazing to drive and the power is incredible, extremely smooth!! Just wanted to post a nice graph!! Proof will be when I take it to the track..
I must be getting old or something.
Old 08-14-2016, 03:18 PM
tdeweese
Pro

I must be getting old or something.
Just how this particular Dyno provided the feedback on paper. Alot of guys are posting Dynojet numbers 600-630hp. My car "appears" weak on paper, but my point is its not! Like I said in my post a car out of Hutter Dyno'd at 582HP and runs in the 9's with a six speed. My car is only down 17HP from that particular car and that car had 12:1 CR and Solid Roller cam. Sorry for the confusion.

Get notified of new replies

To New Build Complete; Disappointing Dyno Numbers...BUT

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] New Build Complete; Disappointing Dyno Numbers...BUT