Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] ***New PB N/A Stock internal LS7 M6 ***

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 09:01 AM
Sébast19X
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by double06
Seb when you mean dry do you mean no oil, anti-freeze and gas or the 2835 pounds is just with an empty gas tank?
All fluids on, empty fuel.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:33 AM
RyanT
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Seb - I think it is a great run. Very impressive. The shifting is out of this world fast.

One question, when you installed the MSD intake to you have to modify anything to get the fast fuel rails to fit?

Ryan
The following users liked this post:
Sébast19X (09-28-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 09:39 AM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 261 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by C 5
agreed.
So let me preface this by stating that I think seb is a truly fantastic driver, he has an awesome car, but I call BS.
-1: so shifting earlier into 4th somehow has such a killer effect on the et and mph that you gain 11-12mph over any other c6z with near the same setup?
-2: while we're on that topic, you mean to tell me you gain that 11-12mph over the next 5 fastest NA c6z cars is all because you weight 2835 dry? (Add some fluids and you'll be heavier.
-3: shifting to 4th before the 660 puts you lower in the power band, how does that increase your mph 11-12mph over the next fastest c6z?
Some members here may not be as track savvy as they think they are. Jesus behind the wheel, magic DA, and a head cam specd combo created by Thor himself wouldn't trap 153mph on a HCI c6z. Maybe there's something in the syrup, but I'm skeptical. How does one c6z with head cam setup trap 11-12mph higher than anyone else. That's damn near an 8 second trap range out of a HC c6z. Once again I don't doubt your driving, not one bit. I think you're an exceptional driver, but there are limits to what "great driving" will do. Either way, hats off.
Where did anyone say he shifts early? He shifts at his shift point into 4th, and that happens to be, with his set-up, before the 660 and is well into the power the rest of the run.
I understand there will be many that are skeptical but it happened, on multiple passes on 2 different days. I have spent i lot of time with seb and the car. If you don`t believe it, simply don`t......what you choose to believe does not change anything. I am a striaght shooter and if He wasn`t telling the truth I would not have his back like I do.
Deal with it, it happened, and will continue to do so on this set-up

Last edited by rpmextra; 09-28-2016 at 09:47 AM.
Sébast19X (09-29-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 09:43 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I'm not doubting times, as other less power heavier cars have gone 9.5s, and if you look at other cars (mustangs/etc) this is normal for a properly geared light weight drag car.

I was only saying I don't get whoever said that a better driver can make up the different of 6-8mph from 1/8th to 1/4. That is the only thing that didn't make sense to me. I get driver makes a big difference in trap speed, but I don't care who the driver is, it doesn't have a huge effect on flooring it in 4th gear.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:20 AM
Sébast19X
Drifting

Originally Posted by LS7 BUD
First I must say congrats Seb on a new PB and record. I see you have some doubt in what you've done and I see others do too. Why not come to MIR to prove the none believers and back it up? I personally would love to see it. In fact we have a spot for you to take from a person who isn't able to go now. Luckily IOUTRUN made sure you can get that spot. So let us know if you would like to come join in on the fun.

EDIT: We now have someone willing to pay for the spot for you Seb! That's how bad people wanna see your car in person.
Hi Damiens, Thx for good comments. I would like to clear some thing first. I never doubt what i have done. I was surprise, and I have took all the info (reviwing log, video, other competitors, and owner of the track) to confirm that all is good shape before posting anything here.

I would be please to come at MIR the 18th november to clear this **** one time for all. And look straight in the eyes those one who attack my integrity and face him the thruth and ask for public excuse of those keybord warriors. I have nothing to hide and I have no power adders on the car. BTW, all those thing said, if the last 24 and 25 september at Napierville, a timing equipment error exist, this is not my fault and this is not on my side anyway.

For a couples of reason, bring my junk to MIR are almost impossible this year. BUT to help to clear that thing one times for all, I would like to offer you something.

We can meet together at Napierville dragway 15 and / or 16 october 2016 you're choice. Bring someone of you're choice too, neutral persons who don't race this day, who can tech my car after the run to inspect, for any powers adders, and to confirm that I have the stock 4 valves relief stock LS7 pistons in with a small camera if you wish, so stock cubes BTW like I claim will be also confirmed.

To be clear, I don't want to remove a heads. Bring a tool to insert in the spark plug hole, measure the cubes, and inspect all intake track for any fogger nitrous or whatever any forced induction type. Inspect all the way the cold air. But i dont want to leave the track who are a 10 hours away from my home with, oil, and preston in cylinder, a heads gasket to buy and a heads in my trunk. There is many way to verify, stroke, bore with heads on.

My car will run what it run a this meet, and you'rs too. Same day, same DA , same track. And a tech will inspect my car.. This offer, should be CLEAR all suspicion on my car a time for all.

This is the HONEST i can be for now.

Is you Damiens accept this offer, and you the non- beleiver on this forum accept this offer to clear that thing up one time for all and give all due respect to me instead of calling me **** all over the web ?

Sebastien

Last edited by Sébast19X; 09-28-2016 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:49 AM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

Pretty simple to run a cheap bore scope through a plug hole. OEM pistons are easily identifiable.

I'm still waiting for more engine details to understand how you got 650+ whp. And only because I build race engines and do my own tuning. And don't give me any "secret sauce" bullshit. I post my recipes all the time.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:54 AM
LS7 BUD
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Sébast19X
Hi Damiens, Thx for good comments. I would like to clear some thing first. I never doubt what i have done. I was surprise, and I have took all the info (reviwing log, video, other competitors, and owner of the track) to confirm that all is good shape before posting anything here.

I would be please to come at MIR the 18th november to clear this **** one time for all. And look straight in the eyes those one who attack my integrity and face him the thruth and ask for public excuse of those keybord worriors. I have nothing to hide and I have no power adders on the car. BTW, all those thing said, if the last 24 and 25 september at Napierville, a timing equipment error exist, this is not my fault and this is not on my side anyway.

For a couples of reason, bring my junk to MIR are almost impossible this year. BUT to help to clear that thing one times for all, I would like to offer you something.

We can meet together at Napierville dragway 15 and / or 16 october 2016 you're choice. Bring someone of you're choice too, neutral persons who don't race this day, who can tech my car after the run to inspect, for any powers adders, and to confirm that I have the stock 4 valves relief stock LS7 pistons in with a small camera if you wish, so stock cubes BTW like I claim will be also confirmed.

To be clear, I don't want to remove a heads. Bring a tool to insert in the spark plug hole, measure the cubes, and inspect all intake track for any fogger nitrous or whatever any forced induction type. Inspect all the way the cold air. But i dont want to leave the track who are a 10 hours away from my home with, oil, and preston in cylinder, a heads gasket to buy and a heads in my trunk. There is many way to verify, stroke, bore with heads on.

My car will run what it run a this meet, and you'rs too. Same day, same DA , same track. And a tech will inspect my car.. This offer, should be CLEAR all suspicion on my car a time for all.

This is the HONEST i can be for now.

Is you Damiens accept this offer, and you the non- beleiver on this forum accept this offer to clear that thing up one time for all and give all due respect to me instead of calling me **** all over the web ?

Sebastien

Unfortunalty I can make those dates in such short notice due to work currently. We are in our busy season so I can't go far away from home. This is why I said to come to MIR because I've had the time booked off for a while. You can always come to Toronto Motorsports Park which I live 20 mins from. We have a bunch of track rentals before the end of the season. Would you be interested in that? No rules on a track rental day so you don't gotta worry about how fast you go. Also most of the top 10 on the fastlist would like to see you get close to your time on another track. Even if you go do it by yourself. If there was a timing issue of some sort at your local track then running on that track again proves nothing.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:13 PM
olddragger
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I think the OP understands that when the bar has been raised there will be doubters.
If he is hiding something then he has gone to great lengths.
It is one hell of a time slip---so congrats are in order...just for that.
With the new cam---do wonder about the power band---have I missed dynos?
At what point does a roll bar become mandatory because that is serious times and speeds.
Sébast19X (09-29-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 12:22 PM
Sébast19X
Drifting

Originally Posted by LS7 BUD
Unfortunalty I can make those dates in such short notice due to work currently. We are in our busy season so I can't go far away from home. This is why I said to come to MIR because I've had the time booked off for a while. You can always come to Toronto Motorsports Park which I live 20 mins from. We have a bunch of track rentals before the end of the season. Would you be interested in that? No rules on a track rental day so you don't gotta worry about how fast you go. Also most of the top 10 on the fastlist would like to see you get close to your time on another track. Even if you go do it by yourself. If there was a timing issue of some sort at your local track then running on that track again proves nothing.
Just some clarification, it's not my local track. I'll drive 10 hrs away from my home to go to napierville, and then another 10 hours to return home. This is far away from my local track.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:33 PM
vtknight
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 272 Posts

Just some clarification, it's not my local track. I'll drive 10 hrs away from my home to go to napierville, and then another 10 hours to return home. This is far away from my local track.
Seb - I hear your frustration and anger. I wouldn't want anyone questioning me either. This is a painful thread. You can seriously drive and the slip is impressive no matter what. Props to you as well for opening up and giving people a chance to see your build.

As a racer though - I ask you - can you not see why people such as myself have questions? You've obviously been doing this a long time as many of us have.

Gearing, shift points etc. all have their affect on a slip - but it's just the 1/4 trap speed and 40 MPH you pick up from the 1/8th that has people questioning how an NA car - at the power level you say it's at - can trap 150+ MPH - and pick up 40 MPH in the big end when most FI cars cannot or struggle to do the same.

If you were reading this like we are -- I really believe you would have the same questions.

Congrats regardless it's an awesome run!

Last edited by vtknight; 09-28-2016 at 12:35 PM.
Sébast19X (09-28-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 12:37 PM
Sébast19X
Drifting

Originally Posted by Michael_D
Pretty simple to run a cheap bore scope through a plug hole. OEM pistons are easily identifiable.

I'm still waiting for more engine details to understand how you got 650+ whp. And only because I build race engines and do my own tuning. And don't give me any "secret sauce" bullshit. I post my recipes all the time.
Hey Michael, slow down my friends, I think that we talk together a couple of time since some years ago, and I never bullshited you. There is not such a real secret at all. Everything are listed exept cam spec and compression ratio.

What do you want to know ??? I have no fancies part, stock rockers arm and a good pushrods set with the right spring for my cam. All avalaible bolt-on that everyone can buy and install.

Why 665 rwhp ??? Its a dynocom, owned by my friends, used to tune a bunch of car by me. The dyno was calibrated and each dyno run we verify and correct for weather, doubled by an another barometer, hygrometer and temperature sensor as for a double check of the dyno weather station. WE have also took the elevation from sea level to input in the correction factor. A bone stock 2007 C6 Z06 put down 450 rwhp on it. Is the dyno was happy when I made 20 passes on it that day within 5 hp of each others ??? I really doubt. This is with the 3.91 rear end if I forgot to mention.

Each time my dyno number are inline with my timeslip vs weight of the car.

Let me know if you want to know anything else.

Seb
Gxpz06 (09-28-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 12:44 PM
Twinscrew
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

So, You'll drive 10 hours to napierville, but not 10 hrs to mir??? Interesting.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:46 PM
Sébast19X
Drifting

Originally Posted by vtknight
Seb - I hear your frustration and anger. I wouldn't want anyone questioning me either. This is a painful thread. You can seriously drive and the slip is impressive no matter what. Props to you as well for opening up and giving people a chance to see your build.

As a racer though - I ask you - can you not see why people such as myself have questions? You've obviously been doing this a long time as many of us have.

Gearing, shift points etc. all have their affect on a slip - but it's just the 1/4 trap speed and 40 MPH you pick up from the 1/8th that has people questioning how an NA car - at the power level you say it's at - can trap 150+ MPH - and pick up 40 MPH in the big end when most FI cars cannot or struggle to do the same.

If you were reading this like we are -- I really believe you would have the same questions.

Congrats regardless it's an awesome run!
Thank you for the kind of words, my frustration and anger does not come from the fact the people didnt' beleive or questionning the way I have accomplish this, cause I know how it feel when we see something hard to beleive in drag racing. I remember me the first day at the track with some bolt on on the car to try to easily beat what Ranger have done. And this day I have lived the track a little disapointed. Also, when I was bolt on only, I remember also Gary who raise, raise and raise again the bar, I was skeptical at first. But after some smack talking and serious talking with him and his crew, I have elevated myself to an another level and figured out some thing here and there.

So yes I understand perfectly you're point of view sir.

I'm frustrated and anger by those peoples who hurt me personally, and my integrity over the web because they can only not explaining something.

Seb

Last edited by Sébast19X; 09-28-2016 at 03:00 PM.
Gxpz06 (09-28-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 12:50 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Twinscrew
​​It's 20hrs for Mir for him. Napierville to mir is another 11-12 hours south. So that's a 40hr drive there and back plus stops
Old 09-28-2016, 12:50 PM
Sébast19X
Drifting

Originally Posted by Twinscrew
Hey what you dont understand there ????

The 18 november i cannot go to mir for work and personal thing.
MIR is another 10 hours away or so from napierville.

So by easy math: 20-22 hours or so from my home to MIR
and another 20-22 hours to came back.

Here you go screw: 20+ 20= 40 hours total or 22+22= 44 hours total

40 to 44 hours total from my home to MIR to my HOME

Understand ???

Last edited by Sébast19X; 09-28-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:54 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

Seb I don't doubt you or the time slips. I know you are a man of good integrity and moral fiber. I just want to know the engine details because the power level is abnormally high. You must have bumped SCR considerably and ported the **** out of that intake. I suspect you've also moved injection timing quite a bit too. There's a point of diminishing returns with additional intake duration when hampered by the intake, and keeping redline at 7200.

Feel free to send me an email or PM if you prefer.
Sébast19X (09-28-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 01:03 PM
Gxpz06
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by rpmextra
Where did anyone say he shifts early? He shifts at his shift point into 4th, and that happens to be, with his set-up, before the 660 and is well into the power the rest of the run.
I understand there will be many that are skeptical but it happened, on multiple passes on 2 different days. I have spent i lot of time with seb and the car. If you don`t believe it, simply don`t......what you choose to believe does not change anything. I am a striaght shooter and if He wasn`t telling the truth I would not have his back like I do.
Deal with it, it happened, and will continue to do so on this set-up
that guy arguying on the fast list about it too...most guys throw money at it , run few times, and thats the number thats realistic LOL ... this C 5 guys doesnt even know or even read the Gearing swapped to more like t56 --- which puts shifting into 4th around/prior to 660' ..

we arguying with folks that dont even know where Canada is in relationship to southern Maryalnd bahahah

I dont know you guys from anywhere but opened my mind, read it, and believe it and Impressed all the hard work and attention to detail....

Last edited by Gxpz06; 09-28-2016 at 01:06 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Gxpz06:
rpmextra (09-28-2016), Sébast19X (09-28-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To ***New PB N/A Stock internal LS7 M6 ***

Old 09-28-2016, 01:21 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Gxpz06
that guy arguying on the fast list about it too...most guys throw money at it , run few times, and thats the number thats realistic LOL ... this C 5 guys doesnt even know or even read the Gearing swapped to more like t56 --- which puts shifting into 4th around/prior to 660' ..

we arguying with folks that dont even know where Canada is in relationship to southern Maryalnd bahahah

I dont know you guys from anywhere but opened my mind, read it, and believe it and Impressed all the hard work and attention to detail....
Thank you. Seb has been invested into this for 7yrs with countless hours of thought. there is a reason he is no.1 and it takes that much to be there. anyone can buy a package from 5-6 vendors, install and pretty much garantie a mid 10 with a solid pass. geeze that is exactly what i did initially......but the journey from there is a whole new level.
The following 2 users liked this post by rpmextra:
Gxpz06 (09-28-2016), Sébast19X (09-28-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 05:06 PM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

Location: 2007 Nat'l Corvette Challenge 11.50 index Champ. New Jersey
Received 210 Likes on 161 Posts

Nice runs Seb!

Is the shifting without using the clutch?

Ron
Old 09-28-2016, 05:26 PM
Sébast19X
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dr.Ron
Nice runs Seb!

Is the shifting without using the clutch?

Ron
No I'm using the clutch, shift point are in the 0.175 to 0.205 ms range.

Seb

Quick Reply: [Z06] ***New PB N/A Stock internal LS7 M6 ***