Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Big Thanks to Tony Mamo!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 03:38 PM
JsBc6
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Big Thanks to Tony Mamo!

I'd like to take a second and just post some results I've had switching from a stock MSD intake to a Tony Mamo ported!
First to start I have to say what a great guy Tony is to deal with! I called him a week before a track rental I was going to in hopes that I could get a hold of one of his manifolds. He came through big time and had it to me in 4 days of speaking to him!
Now let's get to results. It's a 2011 Z06, LME ported and milled heads, Mild custom cam, Arh 1 7/8's, MSD, NW102, halltech 108, Nitrous express plate kit with a 100 shot jet in. Car previously dyno'd at 580/550 on motor before his manifold. Unfortunatly, after I put his manifold on I did not get a chance to go back to the same exact dyno I used before, but the new tune was calling for a significant amount of extra fuel then previously needed (due to the extra airflow Tony provided from the porting). I saw another thread posted someone here where a customer dyno'ed before and after Mamo ported his MSD (with no other changes), and he picked up in the neighborhood of 20 RWHP from the port job and what we saw on the dyno (and shortly after on the track) would certainly confirm and back that up. Chris Kagan, a local NYC tuner handled the tweaks to the fueling and got me dialed in so a thanks and a shout out to him as well here!

On to the track results. Here is my best pass from the track rental the week before in similar weather conditions

The next week after Tony's intake and Chris' tune.

So with pretty much the same 60 foot you can see the car picked up very nicely! Last pass of the day with a pretty much empty bottle I also got to make a pass I've been wanting for some time.

So I definitely have to thank Tony for a great job coming in clutch for me! I know people have gone plenty faster than I have lol I do think my cam selection is hurting the car which will be addressed next. This is a 100% street car driven from NYC to Atco (110 miles) and raced exactly how it rolled off from the highway. Cars race weight is also 3400 with me in it so she's not the lightest Z06.

Last edited by JsBc6; 12-01-2016 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:07 PM
paterno
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome run man congrats on the 9s Hey i think we have similar friends do you know dave red z06?its a small world in the northeast
Old 12-01-2016, 04:19 PM
JsBc6
Pro

Originally Posted by paterno
Awesome run man congrats on the 9s Hey i think we have similar friends do you know dave red z06?its a small world in the northeast
Yes I do! Great guy! He's trying to get me to buy his skinnies lol small world for sure! some great corvette guys who get it done at atco! I'm sure you'll be seeing a single digit pass before you know it
Old 12-01-2016, 04:26 PM
paterno
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JsBc6
Yes I do! Great guy! He's trying to get me to buy his skinnies lol small world for sure! some great corvette guys who get it done at atco! I'm sure you'll be seeing a single digit pass before you know it
Haha yea i met him a while back in etown his first time out in his Z been friends with him a while. Keep me posted on track rentals would love to see ur setup Btw ur instagram famous! Lol
Old 12-01-2016, 04:29 PM
JsBc6
Pro

Originally Posted by paterno
Haha yea i met him a while back in etown his first time out in his Z been friends with him a while. Keep me posted on track rentals would love to see ur setup Btw ur instagram famous! Lol
I definitely will! I have some plans for winter. Sending the car to Race proven to have some clutch issues worked out. Trans is going to RPM for a level 6 build as well. Hopefully a set of alumastars and maybe a cam swap lol Haha Instagram is crazy what's your name on there so I can follow you!
Old 12-01-2016, 04:33 PM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 634 Likes on 443 Posts

Nice pass !!!
Old 12-01-2016, 08:37 PM
Whis9
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

No one better in the business than Tony

Very professional and friendly

A lot of fast corvettes on here because of him

Love my intake and TB by him
The following users liked this post:
95rtturbo (12-02-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 10:26 PM
Brandon619
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

A 9 second pass is hauling ***! Tony will not steer you wrong on modifications period. He provides solid advice hands down.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:30 AM
Josh B.
Melting Slicks

Received 554 Likes on 400 Posts

Tony is the best.

Congrats on the 9 second slip!! How is the air at Atco this time of year?? I heard it referred to as "boost weather" once.

Get notified of new replies

To Big Thanks to Tony Mamo!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Big Thanks to Tony Mamo!