Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Custom Port Mamo TFR Heads for LS7

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 10:10 PM
l98tpi
Max G’s
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Custom Port Mamo TFR Heads for LS7

I purchased a 07 Z back in June and ordered some heads from Tony Mamo (ASM Motorsports) a couple months later once I decided what I wanted to do in regard to the heads. I had stock reconned LS7 heads and they were leaking oil and loosing pressure back through the intake. Called Tony and spoke with him about my goals. Tony came up with a head package and sent them out to me. I just got the car back today from installing the heads and getting it tuned.

Tony did not disappoint. Tony knows what he is doing. Extremely satisfied. I don't want to get into the specs on my bottom end and manifold and exhaust; but with just a head swap my torque picked up nicely across the rpm range from 2750rpm and up to 6750rpm. The car feels great and spools up quick. 1st gear is pretty much a waste as far as putting power to the ground if getting on the throttle with Pilot Super Sports.

Great Job on the heads Tony And my tuner Jim at Quick Rev in Kettering did a great job tuning this beast.

Dyno Dynamics numbers were 465rwtrq and 498rwhp. The torque across the rpm range is a broad curve
Old 12-13-2016, 12:33 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 897 Likes on 686 Posts

You seem to have implied you are running some sort of forced induction by using the word "spool". Numbers seem awfully low if that's the case.

I spoke with Tony a few days ago about his TFS heads. He's a stand up guy and very well spoken.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:43 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by l98tpi
I purchased a 07 Z back in June and ordered some heads from Tony Mamo (ASM Motorsports) a couple months later once I decided what I wanted to do in regard to the heads. I had stock reconned LS7 heads and they were leaking oil and loosing pressure back through the intake. Called Tony and spoke with him about my goals. Tony came up with a head package and sent them out to me. I just got the car back today from installing the heads and getting it tuned.

Tony did not disappoint. Tony knows what he is doing. Extremely satisfied. I don't want to get into the specs on my bottom end and manifold and exhaust; but with just a head swap my torque picked up nicely across the rpm range from 2750rpm and up to 6750rpm. The car feels great and spools up quick. 1st gear is pretty much a waste as far as putting power to the ground if getting on the throttle with Pilot Super Sports.

Great Job on the heads Tony And my tuner Jim at Quick Rev in Kettering did a great job tuning this beast.

Dyno Dynamics numbers were 465rwtrq and 498rwhp. The torque across the rpm range is a broad curve
These are re-worked stock castings, correct? Stock Cam I presume? What other mods, bolt ons, etc.?

Originally Posted by jayyyw
You seem to have implied you are running some sort of forced induction by using the word "spool". Numbers seem awfully low if that's the case.

I spoke with Tony a few days ago about his TFS heads. He's a stand up guy and very well spoken.
I saw that as well, but assumed the word should be "spin" vs "spool".
Old 12-13-2016, 09:48 PM
l98tpi
Max G’s
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

There is no "Forced Induction". Maybe my terminology is confusing when I say spool up. I tend to use some aviation derived words at times. I guess the proper term to have used would be Revs up quickly.

As far as the build- LS7 429, Custom Cam, Ported Stock Manifold. Main reason for the post is to give feedback on the heads that were worked by Tony Mamo.

The Heads are TFS 265cc heads, not stock castings.

Last edited by l98tpi; 12-13-2016 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:15 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

You sure its not 565 hp vs 465?
Old 12-14-2016, 08:01 AM
l98tpi
Max G’s
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
You sure its not 565 hp vs 465?
The dyno used is a Dyno Dynamics dyno meter which is a load based dyno. Sometimes they will show lower numbers than DynoJet dyno. I try not to get too caught up in the numbers. I just have them focus on fuel air mixture and getting fuel maps that produce a broad curve.

For reference, the car was at 546rwhp/522rwtrq before the heads on a DynoJet. After the head swap and tune it definitely has more torque down low I can feel and "revs"🤓 Up a lot quicker.

Get notified of new replies

To Custom Port Mamo TFR Heads for LS7

Quick Reply: [Z06] Custom Port Mamo TFR Heads for LS7