Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GMs Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Advertisement

[Z06] New to me C6Z.

 
Old 02-01-2017, 10:04 PM
  #41  
l98tpi
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
l98tpi's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2008
Location: Monroe OH
Posts: 2,679
Liked 40 Times in 39 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor
Default

Nice
l98tpi is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 08:35 AM
  #42  
0H8Z06
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
0H8Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Location: Dallas TEXAS
Posts: 12,873
Liked 566 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Thanks Ed.... the Sienna Linen or Brick interior as some refer to is pretty sweet. I have not seen many (if any) of these in person prior to my purchase. I too will be modding the car slowly. Picked up some Lg 1 7/8's, to start... I am highly considering the B&B Fusions... Future mods include ( but are not limited to) heads, cam, ported Fast 102, D1 ( or something similar), coilovers, clutch... DONE!

I am going to get to know the car first!! Totally different animal from my built C5Z (740/770).... Looking forward to building this one.

Thanks for the kind words. It will be in my possession next Sunday 12 Feb...


Originally Posted by EdsC6Z06 View Post
Black '09 Z owner. Good luck with it. I almost like the interior color combo better than my black/red. Hmmm? These cars are awesome out of the box, but I did eventually do a mild cam/heads, etc. 550 rwhp now, but I still miss the awesome tractability the stock set up has. Enjoy it!
0H8Z06 is offline  
Old 02-03-2017, 01:37 AM
  #43  
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor
 
Member Since: Sep 2013
Location: Harbor City California
Posts: 1,884
Liked 336 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 0H1Z06 View Post
Thanks Ed.... the Sienna Linen or Brick interior as some refer to is pretty sweet. I have not seen many (if any) of these in person prior to my purchase. I too will be modding the car slowly. Picked up some Lg 1 7/8's, to start... I am highly considering the B&B Fusions... Future mods include ( but are not limited to) heads, cam, ported Fast 102, D1 ( or something similar), coilovers, clutch... DONE!

I am going to get to know the car first!! Totally different animal from my built C5Z (740/770).... Looking forward to building this one.

Thanks for the kind words. It will be in my possession next Sunday 12 Feb...
C6z06 is just an all around more refined car than the C5z06. The C6z06 is a more comfortable daily driver or long trip car in my opinion.

Nice Ride, love the interior trim

http://www.americanheritageperformance.com/
American Heritage is online now  
The following users liked this post: American Heritage
0H8Z06 (02-03-2017)
Old 02-03-2017, 08:49 AM
  #44  
0H8Z06
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
0H8Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Location: Dallas TEXAS
Posts: 12,873
Liked 566 Times in 484 Posts
Default

This definitely wont be a DD.... She'll only come out on nice days, weekends, weekend getaways, and once built 1/2 mile events.

Thanks for the kind words... I see you all work on vettes..
Nice!


Originally Posted by American Heritage View Post
C6z06 is just an all around more refined car than the C5z06. The C6z06 is a more comfortable daily driver or long trip car in my opinion.

Nice Ride, love the interior trim

http://www.americanheritageperformance.com/
0H8Z06 is offline  
Old 02-05-2017, 09:40 PM
  #45  
MTPZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
MTPZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2008
Location: Honolulu HI
Posts: 12,893
Liked 1,166 Times in 1,033 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 0H1Z06 View Post
I too will be modding the car slowly. Picked up some Lg 1 7/8's, to start... I am highly considering the B&B Fusions... Future mods include ( but are not limited to) heads, cam, ported Fast 102, D1 ( or something similar), coilovers, clutch... DONE!
I know you're not new to the LS platform, but just an FYI...a ported MSD is better than a ported Fast 102 everywhere. Thread after thread on here to support that. The results that Tony Mamo has been getting with his "Mamofied" MSD is simply impressive. Many cars that were a max effort build have surpassed the 600 rwhp simply due to swapping the Fast for an MSD. The MSD just performs stellar on an LS7 once it's been cleaned up, since they're pretty rough out of the box.
MTPZ06 is offline  
The following users liked this post: MTPZ06
wantbluC6 (02-05-2017)
Old 02-05-2017, 11:46 PM
  #46  
philadd
CF Senior Member
 
philadd's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 472
Liked 29 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Congrats on your new Z! I was always a fan of your '01Z, and am looking forward to seeing your build with this one.

I traded in my '04Z for my current '09Z about a year ago and as much as I loved the C5, I can't say that I miss it that much anymore.
philadd is offline  
The following users liked this post: philadd
0H8Z06 (02-06-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 09:01 AM
  #47  
0H8Z06
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
0H8Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Location: Dallas TEXAS
Posts: 12,873
Liked 566 Times in 484 Posts
Default

I have read that... I may reach out to Mamo to inquire as to what one of his ported units run. thank you.



Originally Posted by MTPZ06 View Post
I know you're not new to the LS platform, but just an FYI...a ported MSD is better than a ported Fast 102 everywhere. Thread after thread on here to support that. The results that Tony Mamo has been getting with his "Mamofied" MSD is simply impressive. Many cars that were a max effort build have surpassed the 600 rwhp simply due to swapping the Fast for an MSD. The MSD just performs stellar on an LS7 once it's been cleaned up, since they're pretty rough out of the box.
0H8Z06 is offline  
Old 02-06-2017, 09:02 AM
  #48  
0H8Z06
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
0H8Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Location: Dallas TEXAS
Posts: 12,873
Liked 566 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Thanks friend.. Yes, I remember you from the c5Z forum. The countdown begins as I will have mine in T minus 6 days.....

Originally Posted by philadd View Post
Congrats on your new Z! I was always a fan of your '01Z, and am looking forward to seeing your build with this one.

I traded in my '04Z for my current '09Z about a year ago and as much as I loved the C5, I can't say that I miss it that much anymore.
0H8Z06 is offline  
Old 02-08-2017, 08:13 AM
  #49  
kbreese
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
kbreese's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2003
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 3,534
Liked 90 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by EdsC6Z06 View Post
I did eventually do a mild cam/heads, etc. 550 rwhp now, but I still miss the awesome tractability the stock set up has. Enjoy it!
Can you elaborate what you lost in the tractability? (Just traction?)
kbreese is offline  
Old 02-08-2017, 10:05 AM
  #50  
golfinz
CF Senior Member
 
golfinz's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 2,087
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Congrats man! I too made the switch a few weeks ago after being out of the corvette world for a few years! Plan to keep this one stock instead of the wild build I had with my red c5z

Last edited by golfinz; 02-08-2017 at 10:06 AM.
golfinz is offline  
Old 02-08-2017, 10:51 PM
  #51  
0H8Z06
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
0H8Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Location: Dallas TEXAS
Posts: 12,873
Liked 566 Times in 484 Posts
Default

I hear ya... I definitely won't build this one like my C5Z...I wanna enjoy driving again... Instead of a roll racing banshee....


Originally Posted by golfinz View Post
Congrats man! I too made the switch a few weeks ago after being out of the corvette world for a few years! Plan to keep this one stock instead of the wild build I had with my red c5z
0H8Z06 is offline  
The following users liked this post: 0H8Z06
golfinz (02-08-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 05:29 PM
  #52  
DSGCOBRA24
CF Senior Member
 
DSGCOBRA24's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Posts: 395
Liked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Congrats! Beautiful z06, I remember your c5 z06, one of my favorites. I also sold my c5 z06, waiting till the end of this year to pick up a c6 zr1 or c7 z06, still haven't decided which one I want. Looking forward to what you do with this one.
DSGCOBRA24 is offline  
The following users liked this post: DSGCOBRA24
0H8Z06 (02-09-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 10:27 PM
  #53  
0H8Z06
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
0H8Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Location: Dallas TEXAS
Posts: 12,873
Liked 566 Times in 484 Posts
Default

Thanks bud... Yeah, I am going to do a thing or two....

Originally Posted by DSGCOBRA24 View Post
Congrats! Beautiful z06, I remember your c5 z06, one of my favorites. I also sold my c5 z06, waiting till the end of this year to pick up a c6 zr1 or c7 z06, still haven't decided which one I want. Looking forward to what you do with this one.
0H8Z06 is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] New to me C6Z.


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: