Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] orange zr1

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 04:30 PM
colanut
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default orange zr1

looks like a orange zr1 on CarMax 59K
Old 02-13-2017, 01:09 AM
ROCKGT
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

$56k
54k miles 2011 3ZR package, no chrome wheels.
Fresh oil and regular maintenance and should last until the world runs out of gas.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:24 AM
DSGCOBRA24
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Carmax has had that car for quite awhile now. It use to be at a different carmax, seems as someone requested for the car to be transported and didn't buy it.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:58 PM
Zidane
Le Mans Master

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Love the orange!
Old 02-13-2017, 04:29 PM
CloudLS9
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by DSGCOBRA24
Carmax has had that car for quite awhile now. It use to be at a different carmax, seems as someone requested for the car to be transported and didn't buy it.
Yeah.. this doesn't sound encouraging, but the same thing happened to the ZR1 I just bought from Carmax (2012 with 20k). They had mine for a few months and listed at two locations. This made me nervous, but I was able to track down the original owner and get the full history from him directly. When I got the car, there was nothing wrong with it at all. My local dealer had it all day and couldn't find anything wrong with the car either.

Carmax tells me people don't buy cars after transferring them for all sorts of reasons.. I suppose I understand as I was still looking at cars during the month mine was being shipped. None of the others sold me, but I would have forfeited the transfer fee had I found a car I liked even better. I also would have forfeited the transfer fee if the ZR1 wasn't clean enough, but she's a beauty so one never knows.

That said, iseecars shows that this orange ZR1 has been listed since August 6th. That's a while, especially for a rare color like this. No clue what the condition of this car is, but my gut tells me this one hasn't moved because of the mileage. At 54k, there is still plenty of life left, but there are too many for sale right now with much lower mileage for just a little more. Those who can afford to spend this kind of money likely want as low as mileage as possible and don't mind paying a little more for it. Those not put off by the mileage likely still can't comfortably afford the car. Perhaps the person who transferred it found one with lower miles or had second thoughts about resale value down the road.

Shame you can't drive these things without devaluing them so much. I'm daily driving mine as I bought it to enjoy not park, but I only drive ~5k a year.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:53 PM
Zidane
Le Mans Master

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

^^^ Agreed.

Looks great from the pics but you can get a 5-10k mile car for $60k all day long. I'd be concerned about the brake condition with 54k miles too.

Get notified of new replies

To orange zr1

Quick Reply: [ZR1] orange zr1