Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Front Splitter attachement

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 10:09 AM
pbfrench
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Front Splitter attachement

I purchased my '08 JSB Z06 last year about this time. Love the car. The previous owner must have knocked the front splitter off at least once. The sides appear to be held on using the factory hardware but he used sheet rock screws and self drilling sheet metal screws to attach the center areas of the splitter. It seems that the screws pull through the lower front fascia where they are drilled through whenever the splitter scrapes. The original hardware for mounting in the center is not there and I don't see anything substantial to use extruded U nuts for attaching the splitter. Looking for any ideas to attach the center so I don't have to keep tightening these screws every few weeks?
Old 02-24-2017, 08:28 PM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

I took my front bumper cover off and installed the ZR1 reinforcement splitter brace. Helps with deflection at speed, and more importantly gives you something proper to screw into. Here is a pic that Poor-sha posted many years ago that shows the splitter brace being installed.

Credit, Poor-sha:

Old 02-28-2017, 09:53 PM
jus jetn
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by pbfrench
I purchased my '08 JSB Z06 last year about this time. Love the car. The previous owner must have knocked the front splitter off at least once. The sides appear to be held on using the factory hardware but he used sheet rock screws and self drilling sheet metal screws to attach the center areas of the splitter. It seems that the screws pull through the lower front fascia where they are drilled through whenever the splitter scrapes. The original hardware for mounting in the center is not there and I don't see anything substantial to use extruded U nuts for attaching the splitter. Looking for any ideas to attach the center so I don't have to keep tightening these screws every few weeks?
Hope I'm reading this right.. go to hardware store get some angle aluminum. Put under the back lip of spoiler drill the holes and attach the splitter. Screw through the plastic,rubber deflector. More support.... hope this makes sense? Lil too much tonight!

Get notified of new replies

To Front Splitter attachement

Quick Reply: [Z06] Front Splitter attachement