Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] C6Z and C7Z side by side on the road

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 03:44 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Default C6Z and C7Z side by side on the road

Driving down the highway I got a chance to see the 2 cars side by side. While the c7z looked very good , the c6z looked wider more curvaceous and more visually appealing at all angles especially the hind quarters. I think the c6z will age much better.

I didnt appreciate my c6z until I saw these 2 today in the road.

the c6z was blue with classic z wheels in brushed aluminum and the c7z was grey with black wheels. The black wheels are fashionable now but over the long haul I don't see the fashion enduring.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 03-04-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Popular Reply

03-05-2017, 08:34 AM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

I own both. Here are a few pics of both of them together. I prefer my C6Z. She gets all my attention. Don't tell the C7Z guys though. They will lose their marbles, and then dazzle you with tales of vast technological advancements such as magnetorheological shocks, electronic parking brakes, shape memory alloy wire, electronic limited slip differentials, aerogel insulation and other such voodoo magic. My C7Z sure looks pretty, but it stands no chance when lined up against 'ol Betsy. I'll post my review below (scroll way down), in case no one wants to read my ramblings.

I have a '16 Z06 and an '07 Z06. I have always purchased them...C5 Z06, C6 Z06, C7 Z06. I am in love with them! I love the styling, power and presence. So much so, that when I bought the C7 Z06, I couldn't bring myself to sell my beloved C6Z, although that was the plan I told my wife. I guess no one wanted a C6 Z06 for the bargain price of $1 million.

I do all my own work on both cars, and I know them intimately. I also drive them both like I stole them and often times drive both on the same day, in the same set of circumstances. Track, street, canyons, grocery getting, cruising, racing, rain or even back and forth in my driveway. You name it. Every chance I get, everywhere I can. My cars are well cared for, but I have no intentions to save my girls for the next guy.

The C7Z is vastly more refined than 'ol Betsy. There is no comparison here. Power delivery is an aggressive, intense, hand-gripping, lip-biting pull of proportions rarely experienced by mere mortals. Interior is a class A upgrade and the rev matching feature is sublime. The suspension is a vast, significant improvement. The car is very predictable and does as it should, when it should. The predictive nature of the car makes it a joy to drive. It even anticipates, and somehow knows the correct action before I even know there is supposed to be an action. The car is very aesthetically pleasing - downright beautiful...and looks sculptured by a master artist. I find myself just staring at it, lost somewhere between the sharp lines and graceful curves. It lulls me into submission. If looks could kill, the C7Z would be a mass murderer. It is a deceptively fast, controlled maelstrom of power. It is a Clydesdale at full stride. A prime example of automotive engineering at its finest. A master achievement.

The C6Z is a monster. It is an angry, growling, violent, beast of a car that pushes you around and does as it pleases. It has its own sinister idea of what should be going on and doesn't give a god-damn what you think. It hits like a freight train from go - rattles, lope, sewing machine, roaring exhaust and all (those that know, understand), and doesn't stop until 7000 RPM. An all motor monstrosity spinning with the most beautiful sound I have ever heard - only to rinse/repeat through the next gear of glorious, pure American muscle. 3rd gear goes forever and ever and ever. The car wants to be driven, not looked at - and driven hard. It is only happy when the accelerator is mashed, the exhaust is roaring with unbridled fury and a sharp corner is fast approaching. It beats me into submission by force of purposeful will and naked, raw power. Beautiful, curvaceous lines wrapped elegantly around a bleeding heart of solid gold. It is a Spanish bull stuck full with razor sharp swords and a bloodied eye for violence. Automotive genius - an addictive heart racing, nail-biting leap into the abyss. Hang on brother, we are going for one hell of a ride. Something sinister, this way comes...

And here, my friends, is the only place my C6Z is ever happy:

I love them both. If forced to choose between the two, I would rather have someone stab me with a dull, cold spoon. I will never sell either one. Pry them from my dead hands and then bury me in between with my well used wrench, a greasy rag and my racing gloves. No epitaph required.

Save the wave brothers!

And Dory, my beloved C5Z....for nostalgia's sake. I miss you girl...

Old 03-04-2017, 03:45 PM
Too-Fast
Safety Car

Received 789 Likes on 533 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Old 03-04-2017, 03:47 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo
Driving down the highway I got a chance to see the 2 cars side by side. While the c7z looked very good , the c6z looked wider more curvaceous and more visually appealing at all angles especially the hind quarters. I think the c6z will age much better.

I didnt appreciate my c6z until I saw these 2 today in the road.

the c6z was blue with classic z wheels in brushed aluminum and the c7z was grey with black wheels. The black wheels are fashionable now but over the long haul I don't see the fashion enduring.
Why didn't you post this in the C7Z section?
Old 03-04-2017, 05:47 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by Les
Why didn't you post this in the C7Z section?
That would be like someone posting from the c4zr-1 or c5z06 Forum that those cars look better then the c6z😀

I had a c4zr-1 and I liked the wide body on that. But the c6z is the best so far in my opinion. Even the dash. While I did prefer the seats in my c4zr-1 or c7 over the c5 or c6. I just need to get the clutch and fuel pump recall done and heads addressed. And my c6z is a keeper.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 03-04-2017 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:16 PM
Les
Race Director

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo
That would be like someone posting from the c4zr-1 or c5z06 Cornu that those cars look better then the c6z😀

I had a c4zr-1 and I liked the wide body on that. But the c6z is the best so far in my opinion. Even the dash. While I did prefer the seats in my c4zr-1 or c7 over the c5 or c6. I just need to get the clutch and fuel pump recall done and heads addressed. And my c6z is a keeper.
Oh yeah, I'm just giving you a bad time. Some of the C7Z guys are jusssst a bit sensitive about comparisons....and some of them are actually pretty .

Weather permitting, I'm hoping to have heads and a mild cam done within a month or so. Like you, I expect to hang onto my C6Z. If the C8 knocks it out of the park I may have to reconsider, but that's not going to be released and proven for some time. I do know that I'm not a buyer for any C7.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:56 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Don't you own a cell phone to snap pictures ??

DH
Old 03-04-2017, 08:08 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Took my 16 y/o daughter to the mall today as she needed a couple of dresses for an upcoming audition. I parked my C6Z over by itself far from any other vehicles... As we come out ( 2 hrs later) there is a C7 Stingray right next to my C6Z... True Story... Even my daughter was like ????.... lol It was priceless...
Old 03-04-2017, 08:19 PM
Ron'sGS
Burning Brakes

Received 266 Likes on 198 Posts

I agree the C6Z is more curvaceous, while the C7Z has more of an angular theme to it. I test drove a C7Z last weekend and can tell you that is one super nice car. I've noticed that some of the prices ( used ) have fallen in the upper 60's. I would love to pick up a gray Z.

Last edited by Ron'sGS; 03-04-2017 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:07 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Les
Oh yeah, I'm just giving you a bad time. Some of the C7Z guys are jusssst a bit sensitive about comparisons
no....you don't say...
Old 03-05-2017, 01:48 AM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
no....you don't say...
And dont get them started on borla vs corsa X pipes, and halltech vs afe CAI's.

Last edited by MTPZ06; 03-05-2017 at 01:49 AM.
The following users liked this post:
REDZED2 (03-05-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 02:35 AM
Les
Race Director

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
no....you don't say...
So, it's not just me?
Old 03-05-2017, 08:34 AM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

I own both. Here are a few pics of both of them together. I prefer my C6Z. She gets all my attention. Don't tell the C7Z guys though. They will lose their marbles, and then dazzle you with tales of vast technological advancements such as magnetorheological shocks, electronic parking brakes, shape memory alloy wire, electronic limited slip differentials, aerogel insulation and other such voodoo magic. My C7Z sure looks pretty, but it stands no chance when lined up against 'ol Betsy. I'll post my review below (scroll way down), in case no one wants to read my ramblings.

I have a '16 Z06 and an '07 Z06. I have always purchased them...C5 Z06, C6 Z06, C7 Z06. I am in love with them! I love the styling, power and presence. So much so, that when I bought the C7 Z06, I couldn't bring myself to sell my beloved C6Z, although that was the plan I told my wife. I guess no one wanted a C6 Z06 for the bargain price of $1 million.

I do all my own work on both cars, and I know them intimately. I also drive them both like I stole them and often times drive both on the same day, in the same set of circumstances. Track, street, canyons, grocery getting, cruising, racing, rain or even back and forth in my driveway. You name it. Every chance I get, everywhere I can. My cars are well cared for, but I have no intentions to save my girls for the next guy.

The C7Z is vastly more refined than 'ol Betsy. There is no comparison here. Power delivery is an aggressive, intense, hand-gripping, lip-biting pull of proportions rarely experienced by mere mortals. Interior is a class A upgrade and the rev matching feature is sublime. The suspension is a vast, significant improvement. The car is very predictable and does as it should, when it should. The predictive nature of the car makes it a joy to drive. It even anticipates, and somehow knows the correct action before I even know there is supposed to be an action. The car is very aesthetically pleasing - downright beautiful...and looks sculptured by a master artist. I find myself just staring at it, lost somewhere between the sharp lines and graceful curves. It lulls me into submission. If looks could kill, the C7Z would be a mass murderer. It is a deceptively fast, controlled maelstrom of power. It is a Clydesdale at full stride. A prime example of automotive engineering at its finest. A master achievement.

The C6Z is a monster. It is an angry, growling, violent, beast of a car that pushes you around and does as it pleases. It has its own sinister idea of what should be going on and doesn't give a god-damn what you think. It hits like a freight train from go - rattles, lope, sewing machine, roaring exhaust and all (those that know, understand), and doesn't stop until 7000 RPM. An all motor monstrosity spinning with the most beautiful sound I have ever heard - only to rinse/repeat through the next gear of glorious, pure American muscle. 3rd gear goes forever and ever and ever. The car wants to be driven, not looked at - and driven hard. It is only happy when the accelerator is mashed, the exhaust is roaring with unbridled fury and a sharp corner is fast approaching. It beats me into submission by force of purposeful will and naked, raw power. Beautiful, curvaceous lines wrapped elegantly around a bleeding heart of solid gold. It is a Spanish bull stuck full with razor sharp swords and a bloodied eye for violence. Automotive genius - an addictive heart racing, nail-biting leap into the abyss. Hang on brother, we are going for one hell of a ride. Something sinister, this way comes...

And here, my friends, is the only place my C6Z is ever happy:

I love them both. If forced to choose between the two, I would rather have someone stab me with a dull, cold spoon. I will never sell either one. Pry them from my dead hands and then bury me in between with my well used wrench, a greasy rag and my racing gloves. No epitaph required.

Save the wave brothers!

And Dory, my beloved C5Z....for nostalgia's sake. I miss you girl...

The following 22 users liked this post by Mordeth:
ATC399 (03-08-2017), Bimmervet (03-06-2017), CorsoZ06 (06-24-2018), Creamo3 (03-05-2017), Crossofiron (03-05-2017), Da Z06 (03-14-2017), dcooper23 (06-26-2018), DPW_ (03-11-2017), Fast Cars & Horses (03-05-2017), got2hav1 (03-14-2017), IMXCITD (06-28-2018), Landru (06-23-2018), Les (03-05-2017), NotreOkc (06-26-2018), SLOWRYDE (03-05-2017), SSMOKE (06-22-2018), thetastelingers (06-26-2018), TomcatMF (03-06-2017), tonysz06 (06-25-2018), Too-Fast (03-05-2017), Zap City (06-23-2018), zx12rider (06-28-2018) and 17 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-05-2017, 08:44 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Awesome write up Mordeth. I have a Lingenfelter C6Z and an ACR-E and I know the feeling. I hope to keep them both forever, though the C6Z might have to make way for a GT3.

Continue enjoying both in good health.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:59 AM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 256 Posts

it's like watching a car movie vs. watching the Transformers movie
Old 03-05-2017, 09:25 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Wow Mordeath..... It is good to be you! That C7Z is Suhweet!! I too am partial to my former C5Z.... It was a C6Z,C6ZR1,C7Z killer.... My plan is to build up my 08 C6Z to something of the same caliber... I am loving my C6Z.... It's a great car and exactly how you described!

Last edited by TXGS507; 03-05-2017 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:29 AM
Frankie2blue
Melting Slicks

Received 272 Likes on 144 Posts

Geez, nice write up. Got me so excited I feel like going out and buying one of each though the C6 Z is spot on. Feel the same way about mine, but you just put it into words better. You should write for Chevy- they'll sell more cars!😃
Old 03-05-2017, 10:05 AM
Too-Fast
Safety Car

Received 789 Likes on 533 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Default Thank You

Mordeth, thank you sir, a fantastic capture of the intensity of driving the C6 Z06. I instinctively have always referred to my 2011 Z07 as the "Brute" or "Monster" and have reveled in its application of brute power and the sound of its exhaust; exceptionally well written.

Get notified of new replies

To C6Z and C7Z side by side on the road

Old 03-05-2017, 10:15 AM
Durien512
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Very well written and I agree 100% with Mordeth...

I want a c7 z... but I will not get rid of my c6 z
Old 03-05-2017, 10:19 AM
Durien512
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by rbartick
The same can be said about the guys in this section of the forum.

Probably but meh... who cares ... they way I see it .. the 7 is a newer machine... should be typically better, more advanced, prettier(subjective), faster etc.... but at the end of the day ... I can't bring my self to trade in my 6 for one..
Old 03-05-2017, 11:52 AM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

^^The C6Z was and will always be a great car. Nothing will change that.

On the other hand, there are numerous C6Z owners that keep trolling the C7Z forum just to let the C7Z folks know what a failure the C7Z is. That is typically when the trouble starts.

Quick Reply: [Z06] C6Z and C7Z side by side on the road