Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Houston Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 04:11 PM
oneswipe
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Houston Exhaust

I am looking at purchasing an exhaust for my 2007 Z06. I currently have headers, CAI, and my valves have been fixed. I am looking to hear an Akrapovic, Billy boat, and corsa in the Houston area. Can any fellow Z06 owners help me out so I can make the correct decision. Thanks in advance.

SB
Old 05-02-2017, 04:39 PM
golfinz
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Jump down to the Southwest subsection and post there. The easiest thing to do might be to stop by a local shop and see what their customers have.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:43 PM
Macattack
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Very subjective subject, if you can find three cars with those setups to hear, good for you. If drone is an issue for you go Corsa, I had them 5 yrs with headers and zero drone imo. I traded them out this year for the Akrapovic, I was in between them and B&B, they both have a deeper sound over Corsas however the Akrapovic DO drone with headers while running the car in 1200-1400 rpm. It doesn't bother me too much because the sound is that good, especially with the headers. I read a lot of great things about the BBs, some say they drone but I can't comment since I haven't had them on the car. It was a crap shoot between the two the carbon tips won the toss up for me on the Akras. Good luck you really can't go wrong with either of the above systems.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:11 PM
oneswipe
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by golfinz
Jump down to the Southwest subsection and post there. The easiest thing to do might be to stop by a local shop and see what their customers have.
Will do. Thanks for the input
Old 05-02-2017, 08:35 PM
GLmajer
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 118 Likes on 91 Posts

I installed B&B Fusions this year. They have a nice bark to them as you go through the gears. I have a stage 4 package from AHP and the cam really sounds great at idle. I was torn between Corsa and B&B. The B&B DO drone at highway speeds in 6th gear. Not a bother when I'm by myself but the wife prefers a little quieter tone. Guess I'll be going places by myself!
Old 05-02-2017, 10:01 PM
oneswipe
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by GLmajer
I installed B&B Fusions this year. They have a nice bark to them as you go through the gears. I have a stage 4 package from AHP and the cam really sounds great at idle. I was torn between Corsa and B&B. The B&B DO drone at highway speeds in 6th gear. Not a bother when I'm by myself but the wife prefers a little quieter tone. Guess I'll be going places by myself!
Its normally my 4 year old and myself cruising so I definitely understand.... lol
Old 05-02-2017, 10:22 PM
Macattack
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by oneswipe
Its normally my 4 year old and myself cruising so I definitely understand.... lol
That's ironic, I'm glad I saw your post. My five year old son(Cole)shaked, scared as hell upon start up with my headers/Corsas, whole reason I popped for a new exhaust. He loves the Akras and makes sure the quiet button is popped on, regardless of the minute or two to close the exhaust upon start up. We are logging pointless trips to nowhere, just to go for a ride. His mother is quite stressed since he graduated to the booster seat, we go slow and careful, but to him..."Daddy went fast" in the vette. Lol!

Definitely pick the "right" exhaust for your individual situation. Your 4 year old will appreciate it!
Old 05-02-2017, 11:41 PM
oneswipe
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Macattack
That's ironic, I'm glad I saw your post. My five year old son(Cole)shaked, scared as hell upon start up with my headers/Corsas, whole reason I popped for a new exhaust. He loves the Akras and makes sure the quiet button is popped on, regardless of the minute or two to close the exhaust upon start up. We are logging pointless trips to nowhere, just to go for a ride. His mother is quite stressed since he graduated to the booster seat, we go slow and careful, but to him..."Daddy went fast" in the vette. Lol!

Definitely pick the "right" exhaust for your individual situation. Your 4 year old will appreciate it!
My son is the total opposite. He makes sure the factory exhaust remains open and always ask me to rev the engine.... Kids....
Old 05-03-2017, 12:28 AM
v8sten
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 134 Posts

I have an alternative to all the above and my alternative offers the same power gain as all of the ones stated with very minimal to zero drone while retaining the bi-mode operation. OP check your PM's

If anyone else is interested please shoot me a pm

I am just south east of houston
Old 05-03-2017, 06:20 AM
heavychevy357
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

I can tell you this.. if you plan on longtubes and cam.. DO NOT get B&B bullets if you enjoy listening to the radio and or talking to your passengers. My 4 year old holds his ears when we go for a spin. The drone is quite simply ridiculous. Enough to rattle interior panels. I kid you not. I can't comment on the fusions. Just my Bullets. I plan to swap out for Corsa Sports one day.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:17 PM
meanjoe
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 235 Likes on 166 Posts

I have the Fusion III's. After about half a dozen or so different sets of muffs I knew right away that these were the ones that I was keeping on there. Drone is very minimal, almost nothing and I'm running Pfadt headers with cats and also have a small cam. The quiet side is very quiet and the open side is loud as NASCAR. You're welcome to come by and have a listen. Just send me a PM..............Good Luck
Old 05-03-2017, 05:10 PM
oneswipe
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by meanjoe
I have the Fusion III's. After about half a dozen or so different sets of muffs I knew right away that these were the ones that I was keeping on there. Drone is very minimal, almost nothing and I'm running Pfadt headers with cats and also have a small cam. The quiet side is very quiet and the open side is loud as NASCAR. You're welcome to come by and have a listen. Just send me a PM..............Good Luck

PM'd. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Houston Exhaust

Quick Reply: [Z06] Houston Exhaust