Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Kooks x pipe ratles against frame. super annoying.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 04:13 PM
Bad00SS
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Kooks x pipe ratles against frame. super annoying.

07 z06. Kooks long tubes and x pipe mated with stock axle back. after the X there is a spring hanger and maybe 6" past that it the pipe rubs against the frame rail on the drivers side. causes horrible vibration when turning and some times on acceleration. I tried bending it out of the way with a 3 foot pry bar and if was fixed for 2 days untll i ran it thru the gears on a back road on the way home. now its back to rattling. anyone else have problems with fitment or know how to force the pipe to stay away from the frame?
Old 06-06-2017, 06:50 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

You may be able to get the system to be more rigid (stay in place) with the "hose clamp mod" on the muffler hangers. Guys will wrap a normal worm drive pipe clamp around the rubber muffler hangars to compress them, and it seems to keep the system in place with minimal movement. The clamps themselves are really not even visible either.

If you grab your tailpipe on that side and rock the system side to side, and you can make the pipe hit...this may help you.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:56 PM
Red Devil
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

Try contacting Kooks as well if the above fails, they have awesome customer service.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:13 AM
v8sten
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 134 Posts

I had the same exact issue. My fix is to flip one of the spring brackets 180 deg to pull the pipe to the center of the car and I bent the fuel tank shield tab out of the way and trimmed the bolt so I could bend the tab. I dont have any pics cause I dont have the car anymore.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:55 AM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

I had a similar issue. I used a ratchet strap around the x-pipe and pulled them together just a bit. Of course, the strap was only used to reposition the pipes and was removed before starting the car.

Get notified of new replies

To Kooks x pipe ratles against frame. super annoying.

Quick Reply: Kooks x pipe ratles against frame. super annoying.