Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

C6 Z06 Billy Boat Fusion Exhaust Fitment

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 12:34 PM
Genius61
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C6 Z06 Billy Boat Fusion Exhaust Fitment

Anyone have issues with fitment on the Billy Boat Fusion Exhaust? My set up is a C6 Z06 with Kooks Headers and X pipe. The BB fusion exhaust sits too close to the brake line on the left rear with only about 1/2 inch of clearance. Clearance should be 1 1/2 inches.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:21 PM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

Mine had that problem. The brake line finally started leaking. Took me several days to figure out where and what was leaking. Brake fluid was running down the line and dripping on the floor. The shop that did my engine work repaired the line and put extra insulation in that area.

I would wrap the brake line with good insulation material before it breaks.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:21 PM
Genius61
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMB-Z, if I can ask, what are the rest of your components on the exhaust? Are you running stock or after market mods? I'm curious if this issue is specific to Kooks X pipe?

I was considering switching to Akrapovic but there is a fitment issue warning on Akrapovic.

Billy Boat Z06 Headers are the only Corvette Headers that allow you to use you the Akrpaovic X pipe or stock H pipe without any modiifications.

Seeing this, I didn't want to run into a fitment issue again so I'm going to take the BB off and replace it with Kooks. Additionally, planning to use heat sleeves and wraps to reduce heat risk.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Z06 Billy Boat Fusion Exhaust Fitment

Quick Reply: C6 Z06 Billy Boat Fusion Exhaust Fitment