Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Newbie with LS7 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 04:52 PM
Josh B.
Melting Slicks

Received 554 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by NotreOkc
My credibility is just fine my friend. Your side of thinking went to shyte (as you put it) when you said I do not decide my own credit score.
Many people on here built their own huh? That is a pretty broad paint stroke. Where is your proof of that? Have they contributed to this thread. I will wait for your proof.
It is no different then me wanting to call fact when an Engineer at Carlisle talks to an Engineer at GM and stated statistics. You choose not to believe it, I do.
You do not decide what your credit score is. It is assigned to you based off your actions.

Credibility and reputation work in the same fashion. Individuals do not decide if they are credible or not. Groups of people decide that for you. Your actions in this thread are not good for credibility. Your inability to grasp this concept is probably what numbs you to the fact that your posts are incendiary to any credibility you have left. A rational person would have sobered up in the presence of the arguments proposed but you're dug in. I guess you work for TransUnion and can hack whatever credit score you want, but the rest of us have to work with what the credit agencies assign to us based on our actions.

Several people have built their own LS7s. In fact it is not a broad paintstroke because most people here who like each other PM each other and talk about their builds. I'm guessing that you are not included in such PMs where people would go out of their way to communicate with you. Or if you do, you can have a nice dialog about the "why your inner exhaust tips are sooty but your outer rips are clean". Obviously you're a SAM Tech grad with questions that those.

There are entire threads dedicated to LS7 builds if you read instead of posting. That is how learning occurs, listen before you speak. In this very forum. You want me to provide you with proof that people have assembled their own LS7s? Is that a serious question? So I better take 15 mins out of my time to selectively copy and paste build threads into this comment or else you declare victory? Go into search and type "LS7 Build".

Valve guide wear is not exactly a beginner's issue. The detailed descriptions provided by other members is proof of their familiarity with the LS7 valvetrain and its limitations. You have provided no insights, you claim "GM engineer said so, so it must be true".
Old 06-24-2017, 05:35 PM
kbreese
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 740 Likes on 361 Posts

Man, you are ridiculous, lol.

And no, you don't determine your credit score. The credit bureau's do.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:55 PM
NotreOkc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 125 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by kbreese
Man, you are ridiculous, lol.

And no, you don't determine your credit score. The credit bureau's do.
You guys are freakin hilarious. I mean seriously. I don't decide my score? The credit bureau does? How do they decide my score? Please enlighten me.
Do they pay my mortgage? Do they pay my bills? Do they pay the car note on my #30 of only 206 made 2012 ZR1? LOL
I know this goes without saying, and because you guy are obviously fishing. They give me a score based on my actions. I decide my score as do you. So please, give me a break on this.

Last edited by NotreOkc; 06-24-2017 at 06:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
rprice (06-26-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 05:58 PM
NotreOkc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Josh B.
You do not decide what your credit score is. It is assigned to you based off your actions.

Credibility and reputation work in the same fashion. Individuals do not decide if they are credible or not. Groups of people decide that for you. Your actions in this thread are not good for credibility. Your inability to grasp this concept is probably what numbs you to the fact that your posts are incendiary to any credibility you have left. A rational person would have sobered up in the presence of the arguments proposed but you're dug in. I guess you work for TransUnion and can hack whatever credit score you want, but the rest of us have to work with what the credit agencies assign to us based on our actions.

Several people have built their own LS7s. In fact it is not a broad paintstroke because most people here who like each other PM each other and talk about their builds. I'm guessing that you are not included in such PMs where people would go out of their way to communicate with you. Or if you do, you can have a nice dialog about the "why your inner exhaust tips are sooty but your outer rips are clean". Obviously you're a SAM Tech grad with questions that those.

There are entire threads dedicated to LS7 builds if you read instead of posting. That is how learning occurs, listen before you speak. In this very forum. You want me to provide you with proof that people have assembled their own LS7s? Is that a serious question? So I better take 15 mins out of my time to selectively copy and paste build threads into this comment or else you declare victory? Go into search and type "LS7 Build".

Valve guide wear is not exactly a beginner's issue. The detailed descriptions provided by other members is proof of their familiarity with the LS7 valvetrain and its limitations. You have provided no insights, you claim "GM engineer said so, so it must be true".
Several people built theirs? Man, you got me there. that sounds like complete fact! Still waiting on the facts I asked for. Mr. broad paint brush.
How do you think those institutions assign me a "score?"
I'd really hate to see yours. Good luck my man. Since they decide your score for you....maybe they will pay your bills, pay your mortgage. they should, since they decide your score for you!

Last edited by NotreOkc; 06-24-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:09 PM
nuke61
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

I choose to believe an Engineer at Carlisle and an Engineer at GM, which was posted by a member of this forum as fact.
Wrong yet again, it was not presented as fact by that member. He wrote what he was told by some unnamed guy who said he was a GM engineer. The poster never claimed that it was fact, only that it was what he was told.

Just because you don't does not mean it is not truth. Seeing how I have first hand knowledge to back up those stats. Whether it is whole fact or partial fact is up for interpretation. So it is my opinion to believe it as fact.
Indeed, it might be true, or it might be untrue. You have first hand knowledge to back up those stats? How so? Did you poll LS7 owners to determine the failure rate?

When something is truly fact, it doesn't matter whether you believe it or not. The earth is round, more or less, and that fact doesn't change depending on whether you believe it.

So where are your facts? Since you seem to think i am soooo wrong you tell me, how many LS7's had issues?
I don't know, and neither do you, that's the point. You can choose to believe that it's somewhere less than 1%, but your belief does not make it fact.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:17 PM
NotreOkc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by nuke61
Wrong yet again, it was not presented as fact by that member. He wrote what he was told by some unnamed guy who said he was a GM engineer. The poster never claimed that it was fact, only that it was what he was told.

Indeed, it might be true, or it might be untrue. You have first hand knowledge to back up those stats? How so? Did you poll LS7 owners to determine the failure rate?

When something is truly fact, it doesn't matter whether you believe it or not. The earth is round, more or less, and that fact doesn't change depending on whether you believe it.

I don't know, and neither do you, that's the point. You can choose to believe that it's somewhere less than 1%, but your belief does not make it fact.
Exactly right. First I got bashed for believing it is fact. Then I got bashed for saying that it was my opinion that it is fact. What now? LOL
All I know is, and this cannot be disputed, is that the majority of buyers and owners of the C6 Z06 bought the car, drove the car, raced the car, and never had an issue. Never heard about guides. And were smiling ear to ear.
Why are you guys even on here? Sounds like you doubt everything about GM. Doubt everything about Chevy. And certainly hate everything about the LS7, at least you don't trust it at all. So why are you here? Why even "risk" buying the LS7? I have asked for stats from severally of you experts and have yet to receive anything but speculation that the LS7 is unreliable and apparently I have no say over my own credit score. LMAO
Come on guys.

Last edited by NotreOkc; 06-24-2017 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:25 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

People.... ignore list. Please use it. It makes this forum so much nicer.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:27 PM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

Why on earth would so many Z06 buyers buy one and never have the guides checked, or never heard of the issue? Please enlighten me.
The issue of our heads has been discussed ad nauseum in these forums for years. About once a week, and often times once a day, a post or comment comes up regarding it. There are a few disbelievers still around - and probably always will be. Because it didn't happen to them, surely it isn't true! It is a form of confirmation bias, using anecdotal evidence with no specific statistical validation, no proper research, no measuring or testing - nothing. "NotreOkc" is one of them. There was another poster recently that claimed that geography somehow magically played a role in premature valve guide wear because his Cars and Coffee buddies said so. And then of course JerriVette, who doesn't and has never owned an LS7, nor worked on one yet somehow feels he knows the "truth" of the whole sinister operation due to what his clearly very honest dealer told him (dishonest machine shops lying to us to steal our money! bastards!). It doesn't bother me or most of us here that these individuals are delusional. It is amusing at best. Their arguments are recursive, lacking facts and details, prone to emotional bias, confirmation bias and narrow experience bias. The interpretations of their experiences are inherently biased due to the small sample size, lack of understanding of high revving internal combustion engines and willingness to believe what they heard from someone that they trusted.

And therefore the judgments and decisions they make based on those interpretations are misguided. Then they bury their head in the sand and deny any and all facts presented. It is a classic ostrich effect. They latch onto one statement they heard, confirm it with their own experience and won't ever let go of it, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Additionally, they simply will not ever admit they are wrong, nor even attempt any kind of introspection, nor any kind of inspection of the facts. They dig in and repeat the same ignorant statements over and over, gripping to their incorrect conclusions as if admission they were wrong would somehow invalidate their existence. It is human nature, and therefore doesn't or at least shouldn't surprise a rational thinking, open minded adult. What bothers me and others are obvious mis-information being spread as fact, bizarre opinions regarding serious issues with no facts to back them, and ill-informed users and non-users giving poor advice regarding things they don't understand and never will.

Fact is, professional engine builders, machine shops and experts in the business almost universally agree that due to machining errors of our heads by Linamar, LS7s are prone to catastrophic failure. Some and likely many of the valve guide centerlines machined by Linamar are simply not concentric and depending on how bad will cause side loading of the valve stems. Valve seat runout in a high revving motor like the LS7 is a bad thing. The side loading (wiggling) of the valve causes wear on the guide and the seat. Eventually, the guide wears well beyond its service limit (valve-stem to guide clearance), the valve wobbles too much, the stem breaks and drops into the motor and ka-boom goes motor. Additionally, the premature guide wear inhibits the proper and efficient transfer of heat out of the stem and into the guide. Then the stem runs hot and can also cause the valve to fail. This is well documented and well understood at this point. It is not guessing, conjecture or opinion. It has actually, really happened many, many, many times - far more than it should have. It isn't a myth. It isn't a guess. It isn't paranoia bred of contempt. It is a simple, yet very unfortunate set of verifiable, documented and proven facts. No amount of "opinion" can change this. The fact that it didn't happen to *you* changes nothing regarding these facts.

Some/many of the damn valve guides and seats in our heads weren't machined properly and weren't concentric. It sucks. So check them. THIS IS ALL.

The machining errors of the heads by Linamar and GMs lack of quality control contribute to a measurable, beyond acceptable failure rate of our motors, and GM themselves have reluctantly acknowledged it right here on these forums. It also lead to a class action lawsuit, which is still pending. Katech, who developed, built and supplied the C5-R motors to Corvette racing for over 10 years, and who assisted in the development of the LS7 has documented and acknowledged the issue. They even posted a recent article regarding it. See below. American Heritage Performance, a well respected and full-on cylinder head machine shop has documented and verified the issue. Vengeance Racing, pretty much a master in modifying GM cars, especially LS motors and most especially LS7s has documented, verified and posted the data online. East Coast Supercharging, another top-notch shop has documented and verified the issue, and even posted a youtube video of it. I can go on and on here. So you choose to believe whoever you godamn want over the expert opinion of all of the above. Go right ahead, I really don't care.

In addition, experienced home mechanics, who wrench their own cars up to and including complete engine replacement have demonstrated and documented the issue. Even lacking the expert evidence mentioned above, I trust a guy like Josh B, or Unreal, or Michael D, who wrenches their own car over a random forum troll who likely doesn't even change his own oil. I wrench my own car and I have seen the issue first hand. Further, in my part of the world, it is common knowledge that LS7 heads must be checked. Only a complete and utter moron would argue otherwise. The dealers themselves know it, the tuners know it, the 400 member Vette club knows it, the track guys know it, the gear heads know it and all of the owners in my area, in which there are many - know it. Hell, even my wife knows it.

And finally, a cursory search of these forums, and others, will provide you with an ocean of supporting evidence, including pictures, videos, measurements, horror stories, experiences and statements from experienced users, mechanics, gear heads and even regular folk who had no clue until BOOM.

So one must consider the entire body of evidence when coming to a conclusion, not just one's own limited experience or the statement of a GM engineer.

Why don't you come to Rochester, NY and tell my buddy John to his face that his 100% stock LS7 motor that was never raced and that dropped a valve and grenaded his motor last year is "spreading rumors". Why don't you come to Rochester, NY and look at my heads, which are off my car right now and measure the ******* guides and inspect the valves. Do you even know how? Com'on down and I will demonstrate. There are 2 other people that I personally know that have blown their LS7 due to a dropped valve. I also know 5 other people in Rochester who have checked their guides on their C6Z. 4 were in spec and 1 was not. All 5 were tracked.

I love the LS7. It is an engineering marvel and a miraculous accomplishment. There is nothing like it. Not even my C7 Z06 compares to my much beloved but always angry LS7 that howls and screams raw, unfettered power. It just needs a little love and needs people like you to go away. But like a toothache, you will always come back, so a few of us stick around to ensure you are drilled out.

By the way, on the way home from work yesterday I encountered a group of small kids playing in traffic. I pulled over and shoe'd them out of the way. None were killed. And due to all of the cars that had slowed to a stop, none were likely to be killed. I still don't let my kids play in traffic. It is an unacceptable risk and I don't need the National Transportation Safety Board to provide me with the stats of the dangers - AS I LOOK (just like I look at my heads). You understand?

So prove me wrong NotreOkc by examining the facts and drawing a proper conclusion. ALL OF THE ******* FACTS. I am betting you won't ever change your mind on this, but I welcome being wrong.
The following 3 users liked this post by Mordeth:
Josh B. (06-24-2017), kbreese (06-24-2017), MTPZ06 (06-26-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 07:14 PM
NotreOkc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Mordeth
The issue of our heads has been discussed ad nauseum in these forums for years. About once a week, and often times once a day, a post or comment comes up regarding it. There are a few disbelievers still around - and probably always will be. Because it didn't happen to them, surely it isn't true! It is a form of confirmation bias, using anecdotal evidence with no specific statistical validation, no proper research, no measuring or testing - nothing. "NotreOkc" is one of them. There was another poster recently that claimed that geography somehow magically played a role in premature valve guide wear because his Cars and Coffee buddies said so. And then of course JerriVette, who doesn't and has never owned an LS7, nor worked on one yet somehow feels he knows the "truth" of the whole sinister operation due to what his clearly very honest dealer told him (dishonest machine shops lying to us to steal our money! bastards!). It doesn't bother me or most of us here that these individuals are delusional. It is amusing at best. Their arguments are recursive, lacking facts and details, prone to emotional bias, confirmation bias and narrow experience bias. The interpretations of their experiences are inherently biased due to the small sample size, lack of understanding of high revving internal combustion engines and willingness to believe what they heard from someone that they trusted.

And therefore the judgments and decisions they make based on those interpretations are misguided. Then they bury their head in the sand and deny any and all facts presented. It is a classic ostrich effect. They latch onto one statement they heard, confirm it with their own experience and won't ever let go of it, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Additionally, they simply will not ever admit they are wrong, nor even attempt any kind of introspection, nor any kind of inspection of the facts. They dig in and repeat the same ignorant statements over and over, gripping to their incorrect conclusions as if admission they were wrong would somehow invalidate their existence. It is human nature, and therefore doesn't or at least shouldn't surprise a rational thinking, open minded adult. What bothers me and others are obvious mis-information being spread as fact, bizarre opinions regarding serious issues with no facts to back them, and ill-informed users and non-users giving poor advice regarding things they don't understand and never will.

Fact is, professional engine builders, machine shops and experts in the business almost universally agree that due to machining errors of our heads by Linamar, LS7s are prone to catastrophic failure. Some and likely many of the valve guide centerlines machined by Linamar are simply not concentric and depending on how bad will cause side loading of the valve stems. Valve seat runout in a high revving motor like the LS7 is a bad thing. The side loading (wiggling) of the valve causes wear on the guide and the seat. Eventually, the guide wears well beyond its service limit (valve-stem to guide clearance), the valve wobbles too much, the stem breaks and drops into the motor and ka-boom goes motor. Additionally, the premature guide wear inhibits the proper and efficient transfer of heat out of the stem and into the guide. Then the stem runs hot and can also cause the valve to fail. This is well documented and well understood at this point. It is not guessing, conjecture or opinion. It has actually, really happened many, many, many times - far more than it should have. It isn't a myth. It isn't a guess. It isn't paranoia bred of contempt. It is a simple, yet very unfortunate set of verifiable, documented and proven facts. No amount of "opinion" can change this. The fact that it didn't happen to *you* changes nothing regarding these facts.

Some/many of the damn valve guides and seats in our heads weren't machined properly and weren't concentric. It sucks. So check them. THIS IS ALL.

The machining errors of the heads by Linamar and GMs lack of quality control contribute to a measurable, beyond acceptable failure rate of our motors, and GM themselves have reluctantly acknowledged it right here on these forums. It also lead to a class action lawsuit, which is still pending. Katech, who developed, built and supplied the C5-R motors to Corvette racing for over 10 years, and who assisted in the development of the LS7 has documented and acknowledged the issue. They even posted a recent article regarding it. See below. American Heritage Performance, a well respected and full-on cylinder head machine shop has documented and verified the issue. Vengeance Racing, pretty much a master in modifying GM cars, especially LS motors and most especially LS7s has documented, verified and posted the data online. East Coast Supercharging, another top-notch shop has documented and verified the issue, and even posted a youtube video of it. I can go on and on here. So you choose to believe whoever you godamn want over the expert opinion of all of the above. Go right ahead, I really don't care.

In addition, experienced home mechanics, who wrench their own cars up to and including complete engine replacement have demonstrated and documented the issue. Even lacking the expert evidence mentioned above, I trust a guy like Josh B, or Unreal, or Michael D, who wrenches their own car over a random forum troll who likely doesn't even change his own oil. I wrench my own car and I have seen the issue first hand. Further, in my part of the world, it is common knowledge that LS7 heads must be checked. Only a complete and utter moron would argue otherwise. The dealers themselves know it, the tuners know it, the 400 member Vette club knows it, the track guys know it, the gear heads know it and all of the owners in my area, in which there are many - know it. Hell, even my wife knows it.

And finally, a cursory search of these forums, and others, will provide you with an ocean of supporting evidence, including pictures, videos, measurements, horror stories, experiences and statements from experienced users, mechanics, gear heads and even regular folk who had no clue until BOOM.

So one must consider the entire body of evidence when coming to a conclusion, not just one's own limited experience or the statement of a GM engineer.

Why don't you come to Rochester, NY and tell my buddy John to his face that his 100% stock LS7 motor that was never raced and that dropped a valve and grenaded his motor last year is "spreading rumors". Why don't you come to Rochester, NY and look at my heads, which are off my car right now and measure the ******* guides and inspect the valves. Do you even know how? Com'on down and I will demonstrate. There are 2 other people that I personally know that have blown their LS7 due to a dropped valve. I also know 5 other people in Rochester who have checked their guides on their C6Z. 4 were in spec and 1 was not. All 5 were tracked.

I love the LS7. It is an engineering marvel and a miraculous accomplishment. There is nothing like it. Not even my C7 Z06 compares to my much beloved but always angry LS7 that howls and screams raw, unfettered power. It just needs a little love and needs people like you to go away. But like a toothache, you will always come back, so a few of us stick around to ensure you are drilled out.

By the way, on the way home from work yesterday I encountered a group of small kids playing in traffic. I pulled over and shoe'd them out of the way. None were killed. And due to all of the cars that had slowed to a stop, none were likely to be killed. I still don't let my kids play in traffic. It is an unacceptable risk and I don't need the National Transportation Safety Board to provide me with the stats of the dangers - AS I LOOK (just like I look at my heads). You understand?

So prove me wrong NotreOkc by examining the facts and drawing a proper conclusion. ALL OF THE ******* FACTS. I am betting you won't ever change your mind on this, but I welcome being wrong.
So in all of that, you are quoting 9 people who say their guides are out of spec? Of the nine how many modded their LS7's? Even is the answer is zero what does that prove? GM made how many thousands of LS7's? So does your supposed nine fall within that 1%? What are you proving to me? Why do folks continue to buy and drive the C6 Z06? Please tell me??
You guys are going to no end to prove to me that the LS7 has issues and you should NEVER buy one without having the guides checked. So why have the majority (90% as a guest-a-mation) never done a thing and enjoyed the thrill off the LS7? And to say 90% have had life changing, wonderful miles is an understatement.... Including me. And I raced....hard....

Last edited by NotreOkc; 06-24-2017 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:16 PM
nuke61
Drifting

Exactly right. First I got bashed for believing it is fact. Then I got bashed for saying that it was my opinion that it is fact. What now? LOL
Wrong, once again. You got bashed for stating that it was fact that less than 1% of LS7s have failed.

You apparently don't know what the definition of "fact" is, so I'll give it to you:

NOUN
a thing that is indisputably the case.

Why are you guys even on here? Sounds like you doubt everything about GM. Doubt everything about Chevy. And certainly hate everything about the LS7, at least you don't trust it at all. So why are you here? Why even "risk" buying the LS7?
There's no need for you to resort to silly hyperbole.

I have asked for stats from severally of you experts and have yet to receive anything but speculation that the LS7 is unreliable and apparently I have no say over my own credit score. LMAO
Come on guys.
Are you really as dense as you're coming across? Nobody has stats because there aren't any provable stats, including your ludicrous claim that it's fact that less than 1% of LS7 motors have experienced valve failure.

It's true that you have no say over your credit score. You can make decisions that should positively or negatively affect your score, but you have no say over what it is. Reading comprehension is your friend.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:24 PM
NotreOkc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Wrong, once again. You got bashed for stating that it was fact that less than 1% of LS7s have failed.

You apparently don't know what the definition of "fact" is, so I'll give it to you:

NOUN
a thing that is indisputably the case.

There's no need for you to resort to silly hyperbole.

Are you really as dense as you're coming across? Nobody has stats because there aren't any provable stats, including your ludicrous claim that it's fact that less than 1% of LS7 motors have experienced valve failure.

It's true that you have no say over your credit score. You can make decisions that should positively or negatively affect your score, but you have no say over what it is. Reading comprehension is your friend
The fact that you want to continue to fight that no one has any say over their credit score just tells me all I need to know about your thought process. So, since no one has say over their score.....they can pay all their bills on time, pay their mortgage, pay their car payment, have a fantastic debt to income ratio...and still have a lousy credit score? Man, why am I even being responsible? LOL. There is no point apparently!
Old 06-24-2017, 07:27 PM
nuke61
Drifting

If you're a fan of Corvette racing, you'll know Katech. If you don't, it's the company hired by GM to support their racing efforts. GM has said the valve guide issue was limited to 2008-2011 models, and was fixed thereafter by 100% inspection. So what does Katech say about the LS7 valve issue?

Katech’s independent research has not limited the issue to 2008-’11 models; but rather all LS7s and LS9s 2006-present. We measured a 2012 engine and new LS7 cylinder heads in 2014 purchased through the dealer parts network that had the issue.

http://read.uberflip.com/i/834132-july-17/77
Old 06-24-2017, 07:32 PM
nuke61
Drifting

The fact that you want to continue to fight that no one has any say over their credit score just tells me all I need to know about your thought process. So, since no one has say over their score.....they can pay all their bills on time, pay their mortgage, pay their car payment, have a fantastic debt to income ratio...and still have a lousy credit score? Man, why am I even being responsible? LOL. There is no point apparently!
You really need to improve your reading comprehension skills. What I said is "It's true that you have no say over your credit score. You can make decisions that should positively or negatively affect your score, but you have no say over what it is. Reading comprehension is your friend."

That means that paying your bills on time, paying your car payments, and so on, fall under "make decisions that positively or negatively affect your credit score."

You can do those same things, and your FICO score from one credit reporting agency will be different than another company, and there's nothing you can do about it. All you can do is make decisions that affect the score, but you cannot decide what that score will be.

Once again, you really need to work on your reading comprehension skills, because you're coming across as intellectually limited.

Last edited by nuke61; 06-24-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:42 PM
kbreese
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

This sadly comes down to one thing: As painstakingly as everyone has tried...Sometimes you just can't fix stupid.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:48 PM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

This sadly comes down to one thing: As painstakingly as everyone has tried...Sometimes you just can't fix stupid.
Yup. I should have listened to Unreal. He was right (as usual). Will now.

On a side note, I was just watching the Barrett Jackson auction live on the Velocity channel and a beautiful, stock, low mileage red Z06 just sold for $42,000. That really surprised me! I guessed $36k.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:56 PM
NotreOkc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

LOL, and do you want to painstakingly tell me how someone else decides my credit score?
I could have swore through the test of time that if you pay your bills on time, have a great debt to income ratio, that you will have a great score.....you are telling me someone else decides this for me???????
Old 06-24-2017, 07:59 PM
kbreese
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

On a side note, I was just watching the Barrett Jackson auction live on the Velocity channel and a beautiful, stock, low mileage red Z06 just sold for $42,000. That really surprised me! I guessed $36k.
Nice! I still say most people don't realize the value in these cars. Yeah they made a lot of them, but it's like the best of a dying breed. Think about it. 7L 427 V8 in a gorgeous 3100lb carbon fiber/aluminum iconic USA manual-shift supercar

Get notified of new replies

To Newbie with LS7 Questions

Old 06-24-2017, 07:59 PM
NotreOkc
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

You really need to improve your reading comprehension skills. What I said is "It's true that you have no say over your credit score. You can make decisions that should positively or negatively affect your score, but you have no say over what it is. Reading comprehension is your friend."

That means that paying your bills on time, paying your car payments, and so on, fall under "make decisions that positively or negatively affect your credit score."

You can do those same things, and your FICO score from one credit reporting agency will be different than another company, and there's nothing you can do about it. All you can do is make decisions that affect the score, but you cannot decide what that score will be.

Once again, you really need to work on your reading comprehension skills, because you're coming across as intellectually limited.
You can do everything right and still have a bad score? You can pay your bills and have a great debt to income ratio and still have a bad score? My God, what would any of us do??? LMAO

Last edited by NotreOkc; 06-24-2017 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:03 PM
Too-Fast
Safety Car

Received 793 Likes on 537 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

It's the low mileage and stock, always brings higher $$'s.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:50 PM
nuke61
Drifting

You can do everything right and still have a bad score? You can pay your bills and have a great debt to income ratio and still have a bad score? My God, what would any of us do??? LMAO
Once again, you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. If you pay all your bills on time, and have great debt/income, you will have a good credit score. Will you have an 850 score just by doing that? Nope, and there's nothing you can do about it, because the credit scoring companies determine your credit score, and different companies use different methods to achieve your score.

Quick Reply: Newbie with LS7 Questions