Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

RPM B-3 Cam Exhaust Clip & Dyno Videos

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 01:36 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default RPM B-3 Cam Exhaust Clip & Dyno Videos

Lots of our customers have been sharing their RPM B-3 Cam clips so we figured we'd join the fun! If you're running one of our B-3 Cams lets hear it!

Old 07-14-2017, 03:42 PM
441LSXTT
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Frans96ss
Lots of our customers have been sharing their RPM B-3 Cam clips so we figured we'd join the fun! If you're running one of our B-3 Cams lets hear it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7F3Wx5LB9I
Proven cam for sure. I'm sold. Just waiting for y'all to get back with me and thank you very much for this video
Old 07-19-2017, 04:24 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by 441LSXTT
Proven cam for sure. I'm sold. Just waiting for y'all to get back with me and thank you very much for this video
Anytime glad to help
Old 07-19-2017, 11:59 PM
Ricky218
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Fran, I will be calling you guys soon for a cam. My buddy Brandon(green 5th Gen Camaro, auto car. Lives in Md) speaks very highly you guys and has told me I should come see you for ZR1 mods.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:43 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Ricky218
Fran, I will be calling you guys soon for a cam. My buddy Brandon(green 5th Gen Camaro, auto car. Lives in Md) speaks very highly you guys and has told me I should come see you for ZR1 mods.
Sounds good let us know!

Yeah Brandon is a good guy.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:58 PM
SPDKLZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 270 Likes on 187 Posts

Anybody know the specs on the B3 cam?

Jesse
Old 07-25-2017, 04:29 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 897 Likes on 686 Posts

You get the spec card when you buy the cam. I've found the specs once with a deep search but don't remember off the top of my head.

Last edited by jayyyw; 07-28-2017 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:44 PM
SPDKLZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 270 Likes on 187 Posts

Thanks. That is pretty wild!
Old 07-25-2017, 05:03 PM
nuke61
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

Dyno results - uncorrected? STD? SAE?
Old 07-25-2017, 05:55 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by nuke61
Dyno results - uncorrected? STD? SAE?
Usually SAE but depends... Either SAE or STD.... Uncorrected in the winter would prob make over 650 haha but we never show that unless customer asks.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:09 PM
Karb0n
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know plenty of people have this cam and it makes great power,But is it really daily driver friendly ? I went with too big of a cam on my GTO and ended up hating the car with the surging etc

Fran,I'm having you guys do my build once i have all my parts. The cam is the only thing left to decide on
Old 07-27-2017, 02:28 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 897 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Karb0n
I know plenty of people have this cam and it makes great power,But is it really daily driver friendly ? I went with too big of a cam on my GTO and ended up hating the car with the surging etc

Fran,I'm having you guys do my build once i have all my parts. The cam is the only thing left to decide on
My tuner's wife daily drives their vette equipped with this camshaft. If that tells you anything?
The following users liked this post:
Frans96ss (07-28-2017)
Old 07-27-2017, 02:49 PM
03 Anti-venom
Advanced

RPM completed my H/C with the B-3 last Feb/March. Makes great power and solid build. Great guys to deal with, very honest and thorough. I literally drove my Z06 from VA straight to their shop in DE the same day I bought my vehicle, lol!
Frans96ss (07-28-2017)
Old 07-27-2017, 04:44 PM
Karb0n
Instructor

Originally Posted by jayyyw
My tuner's wife daily drives their vette equipped with this camshaft. If that tells you anything?
She might ride the clutch so hard that it doesn't surge at all ?

Originally Posted by 03 Anti-venom
RPM completed my H/C with the B-3 last Feb/March. Makes great power and solid build. Great guys to deal with, very honest and thorough. I literally drove my Z06 from VA straight to their shop in DE the same day I bought my vehicle, lol!
Nice,You got me beat ! Lol

My car is set to be delivered Tuesday. I already started stock piling and spoke to Bill about doing the heads/cam package very soon. I'm new to the forums and this is my first Z but I know a lot about RPM. I just sold my 766whp CTSV. I should of had RPM build it but ended up picking the wrong builder / tuner

#Fail
Frans96ss (07-28-2017)
Old 07-28-2017, 03:13 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '09

Yes it is absolutely daily driver friendly.

As people mentioned they regularly daily drive it without issue.

Here is a post from one of our customers (also in the video posted above)
(click to play video)

Anyone who has ever said they have had surging issues has been with their tune/tuner.

We obviously know this setup better than anyone and tune them on a daily so if you are bringing it to us there won't be any issue.

Just let us know when you are ready

Last edited by Frans96ss; 07-28-2017 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:40 PM
lamboworld
Burning Brakes

Received 144 Likes on 122 Posts

She might ride the clutch so hard that it doesn't surge at all ?

Nice,You got me beat ! Lol

My car is set to be delivered Tuesday. I already started stock piling and spoke to Bill about doing the heads/cam package very soon. I'm new to the forums and this is my first Z but I know a lot about RPM. I just sold my 766whp CTSV. I should of had RPM build it but ended up picking the wrong builder / tuner

#Fail
If you want an unbiased answer to your question read post #31 in this thread: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...too-big-2.html

However, drivability is VERY subjective and my suggestion would be to find a car to drive with the cam that you want to use before you make a commitment. The B3 Cam does make a lot of power, especially up top. You will give up some whp with this cam under the curve vs. a smaller cam though. Really depends on what you are looking for.

Last edited by lamboworld; 07-29-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:13 AM
Karb0n
Instructor

Originally Posted by Frans96ss
Yes it is absolutely daily driver friendly.

As people mentioned they regularly daily drive it without issue.

Here is a post from one of our customers (also in the video posted above)
(click to play video)

Anyone who has ever said they have had surging issues has been with their tune/tuner.

We obviously know this setup better than anyone and tune them on a daily so if you are bringing it to us there won't be any issue.

Just let us know when you are ready
Niiiice! Seems to drive good while cruising there

Fran,Thanks for the video! I'm waiting on a few more parts to come in then ill contact you and have you do the install on everything,Do the heads/cam package and tune

Originally Posted by lamboworld
If you want an unbiased answer to your question read post #11 in this thread: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...too-big-2.html

However, drivability is VERY subjective and my suggestion would be to find a car to drive with the cam that you want to use before you make a commitment. The B3 Cam does make a lot of power, especially up top. You will give up some whp with this cam under the curve vs. a smaller cam though. Really depends on what you are looking for.
Post #11 on that thread is cam specs ?

I agree on it being subjective. However tons of surging and bucking is exactly that,Regardless if people learn to live with it or not. On a daily driver that's sitting in traffic a good amount. It becomes old very fast

It will be a my daily driver and a highway car for the most part,Ill go to the track here and there but i'm done chasing records. I definitely want a cam that has great top end,My only concern was traffic/daily driving etc

Get notified of new replies

To RPM B-3 Cam Exhaust Clip & Dyno Videos

Quick Reply: RPM B-3 Cam Exhaust Clip & Dyno Videos