Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Thanks to Horsepower Addicts

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 03:45 PM
4z28Camaros
2nd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Thanks to Horsepower Addicts

Wanted to thank Josh at Horsepower Addicts in Delaware for the top-notch job he did on my recently purchased 2006 Z06. Being concerned about my stock heads, I emailed him about my options and he suggested their Stage 1 LS7 Head setup based on what I wanted for the car. Not only was it extremely affordable for the piece of mind, but also Josh was able to do same day turn around as I live about 2.5 hours away in New York. I dropped the car off at 8am, and was on the road home by 3pm. During the drive back, the car ran flawlessly and I couldn’t be happier.

I cannot say enough good things about Josh, as he is an all around stand up guy and passionate about his work. He took the time to answer all my questions before coming down, showed me around his shop and allowed me to inspect the new heads before they went on my car. I will definitely be contacting him in the future for any more work I want done to my car.

For those who are on the fence about getting the heads done, I say emphatically to get them replaced. My car had less than 14,000 track free miles and the one exhaust valve Josh checked was barely within spec. I have no doubt that if I had ignored the issue I would have been posting about the hole in the side of my motor somewhere down the line. Now I can enjoy the brilliance of the LS7 without fear or worry.

So again, thanks to Josh and Horsepower Addicts. Attached are a few photos Josh was kind enough to take while working on the car.
Attached Images     
The following 2 users liked this post by 4z28Camaros:
DaOtherOne (08-13-2017), HorsePowerAddicts (08-16-2017)
Old 08-14-2017, 12:36 PM
ratomicZ06
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

My experience was the same, easy to talk to, helpful, HONEST! (HCI, exhaust)

Months later, I had an internal weld break in one muffler and he fixed it while i waited and charged me reasonably. Great guy!
The following users liked this post:
HorsePowerAddicts (08-16-2017)
Old 08-15-2017, 04:10 PM
Les-10
Bow-Tie Guy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ratomicZ06
My experience was the same, easy to talk to, helpful, HONEST! (HCI, exhaust)

Months later, I had an internal weld break in one muffler and he fixed it while i waited and charged me reasonably. Great guy!
Good people
The following users liked this post:
HorsePowerAddicts (08-16-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 10:39 AM
Tennispro1986
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

What setup did you go for your head/valve fix?
Old 08-16-2017, 04:02 PM
4z28Camaros
2nd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tennispro1986
What setup did you go for your head/valve fix?
I went with the Stage 1 LS7 head setup which includes:

-Remove and re-install cylinder heads
-Si Stainless steel exhaust valves
-Inspect and tumble polish intake valves
-16 Bronze valve guides
-BTR dual spring kit
-Resurfacing cylinder heads
-Performance valve job
-Machining and assembling heads
-GM MLS head gaskets
-New head bolts
-Synthetic oil change

I only wanted to address the valve issue as I jumped up from an LS1 Camaro to the Z06 so the biggest thing I can do at the moment is learn the car and do the driver mod. I have a feeling though that in a few years I will be bringing it back down to do a cam + supporting mods, but for now I look forward to enjoying the car as is bc it is fast enough already.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:05 PM
Tennispro1986
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 4z28Camaros
I went with the Stage 1 LS7 head setup which includes:

-Remove and re-install cylinder heads
-Si Stainless steel exhaust valves
-Inspect and tumble polish intake valves
-16 Bronze valve guides
-BTR dual spring kit
-Resurfacing cylinder heads
-Performance valve job
-Machining and assembling heads
-GM MLS head gaskets
-New head bolts
-Synthetic oil change

I only wanted to address the valve issue as I jumped up from an LS1 Camaro to the Z06 so the biggest thing I can do at the moment is learn the car and do the driver mod. I have a feeling though that in a few years I will be bringing it back down to do a cam + supporting mods, but for now I look forward to enjoying the car as is bc it is fast enough already.
i too just had the same exact work done at RPM motor sports. I didn't do a cam or anything like that, I kept it stock and just had the heads addressed. Exact same setup as you did. I'm gonna be doing an intake and tune soon and then that will be it, I have no plans on a cam. Definitely worth doing for the piece of mind which is why I had mine done

Get notified of new replies

To Thanks to Horsepower Addicts

Quick Reply: [Z06] Thanks to Horsepower Addicts