Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Looking for a C6 Z06 for track days.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 01:32 PM
cagotzmann
Melting Slicks

Received 519 Likes on 357 Posts

Default Looking for a C6 Z06 for track days.

I have been looking for a C6 Z06 for track days. Living in Canada we don't have a good selection of cars available to keep the prices at a reasonable range. People are asking 40K+ for 2006 units.

So I came across this unit at a dealership.

Less than 20k km. (13k miles) so after looking at the car, and the sales person not telling the truth about its history I make a offer of 35k.

Within 5 minutes of looking this I discovery.
1. Cup 2 tires bald up front.
2. Super Sport tires in the rear 1/2 worn.
3. Headers + changed exhaust. ? engine work etc.
4. and lots of rocks in the engine bay ( Track car that went off track )
5. Couldn't drive the car gas pedal broken off.

So now knowing its history was 35k to high and what to track cars go for ???. We don't see this type here in Canada often.

They laugh at my offer, and I walked away.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true
Old 08-12-2017, 01:42 PM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

There are many, many factors. There is a major difference between a well sorted track car and a car that was simply driven on the track. I would pay a premium for a well sorted, well maintained track car that has upgraded all of the essential components, which include the brakes, the suspension, the wheels, the oiling system, the cooling, the aero, the clutch, the heads etc. Additionally, if the car was well maintained, the owner probably already broke most of the weak components and replaced them (ask me how I know). Everything that was going to break or leak in 100k miles will break or leak in a few thousand track miles. So a well sorted track car will already have had to fix/address this. It is not cheap or easy to maintain a track car (ask me how I know).

I would pay a steep discount for a street car that was not properly prepared/maintained and simply beat on at the track. It will likely have issues and you are buying what the last guy ran away from. Or simply walk away.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:52 PM
nuke61
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by cagotzmann
People are asking 40K+ for 2006 units.
First off, I have no idea if it's even possible, but can you buy a U.S. car and just bring it into Canada?
Old 08-12-2017, 06:11 PM
cagotzmann
Melting Slicks

Received 519 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by nuke61
First off, I have no idea if it's even possible, but can you buy a U.S. car and just bring it into Canada?
Yes we can. Just pay 30% exchange rate + 5% tax + shipping. + Difficult to view and checkout the car.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:18 PM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by cagotzmann
Yes we can. Just pay 30% exchange rate + 5% tax + shipping. + Difficult to view and checkout the car.
Yes
Old 08-12-2017, 07:36 PM
stefuel
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 116 Posts

If it's to be a dedicated track car only there is a 2012 Z06 at Auto Works in Madison WI. It is a fresh water flood car with no title. I don't think the water got above the rocker panels. Runs and drives. Has already had engine mods but can never be registered (no title) being sold for parts or track car. Think they want 25K for it. www.autoworksinc.com

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for a C6 Z06 for track days.

Quick Reply: Looking for a C6 Z06 for track days.