Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

ZR1 air filters

Old 09-25-2017, 10:02 PM
Zr1ny
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZR1 air filters

2009 zr1.
Worth replacing air filter with k&N???
Seems like after market companies like Hennessy change out the stock filter.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:41 AM
BigVette427
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 253 Posts

I have a 2012 Z06 that came with the ZR1 air filter and I like it a lot. Personally, I'm not interested in the 10hp tops that may be had with an aftermarket CAI.

The only bad thing is Donaldson/GM did a disservice to the ZR1 community when they stopped making the ZR1 filters with the larger pleats, but still try and sell you the inferior LS3 air filter under the same part number that the previous ZR1 filter used to come in. Spend $100k+ on a ZR1 only to have GM give you a cold shoulder a few years later, that's how much GM cares.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...r-filters.html
Old 09-26-2017, 08:41 AM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Spend your money on the Attack Blue filter (just google it in conjunction with Corvette or ZR1 and should pop up- a few site sponsors also sell it). It'll save you the headache of over over oiling the filter (messes with MAF) and is a proven filter/minor power added.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:40 AM
big_mike_eu
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
Spend your money on the Attack Blue filter (just google it in conjunction with Corvette or ZR1 and should pop up- a few site sponsors also sell it). It'll save you the headache of over over oiling the filter (messes with MAF) and is a proven filter/minor power added.
I am due for an air filter replacement on my 08 Z06. I was intending to buy the ZR1 filter from GM, but thankfully came across this post. Do you know if the Attack Blue filter will fit on a Z06 (assuming it will due to the similarities of the two cars but thought I'd double check before I spend $175 on a filter LOL)
Old 09-26-2017, 11:02 AM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by big_mike_eu
I am due for an air filter replacement on my 08 Z06. I was intending to buy the ZR1 filter from GM, but thankfully came across this post. Do you know if the Attack Blue filter will fit on a Z06 (assuming it will due to the similarities of the two cars but thought I'd double check before I spend $175 on a filter LOL)
have no idea. I was looking into filter changes when I got my ZR1 which is how I learned of them, and then I realized previous owner already installed one. If you find which vendors carry it I'm sure they'll have an application guide per sey
Old 09-26-2017, 11:09 AM
big_mike_eu
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
have no idea. I was looking into filter changes when I got my ZR1 which is how I learned of them, and then I realized previous owner already installed one. If you find which vendors carry it I'm sure they'll have an application guide per sey
Sounds good, thanks for the quick reply SIK02SS

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 air filters

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ZR1 air filters