Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] 2006 Z06 noise/miss? Katech Torquer and PRC heads

Old 10-29-2017, 06:57 PM
Joe Breidenbach
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Deciding on some parts tomorrow. Maybe Johnson lifters if DRM hasnt already ordered the stockers. Gave the go ahead on the 1-7/8” ARH with catted mid pipe. Double checking on whether or not we can have cam motion put the btr2 on their 8620 as was recommended by an earlier poster. Probably wait until next year to do a NW102 and an MSD. Tick master going in with Centerforce dyad. Probably no remote bleeder. Ill keep up with the ranger method. CHE trunions. Solid stainless exhaust valves. MS90 guides. New Katech timing set. Hinson motor mounts. Having them go through the torque tube as needed. ATI damper. Taking care of a lot of things I wanted done anyway. This lifter failure just pushed that along. Itll be tough on the $$ but hopefully itll be solid. Looking forward the final result with DRM’s tune on the BTR2. Mostly 91 ethanol here with one station having 92.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:08 AM
BigVette427
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Breidenbach
Deciding on some parts tomorrow. Maybe Johnson lifters if DRM hasnt already ordered the stockers. Gave the go ahead on the 1-7/8” ARH with catted mid pipe. Double checking on whether or not we can have cam motion put the btr2 on their 8620 as was recommended by an earlier poster. Probably wait until next year to do a NW102 and an MSD. Tick master going in with Centerforce dyad. Probably no remote bleeder. Ill keep up with the ranger method. CHE trunions. Solid stainless exhaust valves. MS90 guides. New Katech timing set. Hinson motor mounts. Having them go through the torque tube as needed. ATI damper. Taking care of a lot of things I wanted done anyway. This lifter failure just pushed that along. Itll be tough on the $$ but hopefully itll be solid. Looking forward the final result with DRM’s tune on the BTR2. Mostly 91 ethanol here with one station having 92.
Consider saving $150 on your balancer and going with the PowerBond Race series PB1503SS. Got mine at AutoZone online with 20% coupon; also compare at RockAuto.

Look up the ATI for the LS7 in this forum and there were too many recent failures that for the extra money, I didn't want to worry about. The PB race balancer is what should have been on the motor the first time around, far superior to the OE balancer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] 2006 Z06 noise/miss? Katech Torquer and PRC heads