Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

New Custom Seat Conversions for C5 and C6 Coming Soon!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 07:39 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Default New Custom Seat Conversions for C5 and C6 Coming Soon!

We will be releasing soon our custom seat backs for C5 and C6 Corvettes. These will be ideal for people who don’t want to install a racing seat in their car but need better support for track days, other driving events or just spirited driving.

These will be direct replacement seat backs and will bolt to the oem bottom using the stock hardware. We eliminated the cable that allows the back to flop forward instantly but the seat back angle will still adjust from the factory lever.

We will begin work on the cover and these will be patterned to match C5 or C6 patterns. We will provide a matching cover for the stock bottom with each seat back and can add a sub belt opening if needed. We will post pictures later of how to install those. We will offer upholstery in simulated leather, real leather and suede as well. You will be able to choose your stitching color, as well as other options in the works.

The pictures below of the prototype are rather aggressive. We will also make these with a wider flare to the side bolsters for drivers who might find these too snug. If you had an air bag in your stock seat back, you will loose that, if that matters to you.

To help show what we mean by upholstery with stock patterns, you can see seats we did with a different back years ago below. We can do horizontal or vertical stitching and various panels widths as needed.

Any who are interested and would like to be kept up to date can email me directly, as I have started a folder of people to keep informed.
The following 2 users liked this post by marrad:
redcycle13 (10-11-2017), ZR2353 (09-23-2020)
Old 10-12-2017, 02:04 PM
scootguy58
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Pricing with standard seat cover materials? Or is it too soon?
Old 10-12-2017, 03:33 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by scootguy58
Pricing with standard seat cover materials? Or is it too soon?
We plan to offer seat conversions with upholstery in simulated leather starting at $749 per seat. Suede inserts will be additional. I won't know the price with real leather covers until the patterning is completed, but I'd expect about $200 more per seat.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:22 PM
scootguy58
Pro

Put me on the info list
Thanks
Old 10-13-2017, 01:38 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by scootguy58
Put me on the info list
Thanks
Please email me this request. I sometimes miss people if I need to read each post again, but I keep a dedicated folder of requests on my computer.

Mark
The following users liked this post:
z06clif (10-13-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 05:56 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Let me clear up any possible confusion by the word seat "conversions" in the title. We do not use any oem components of the seat back so there will be no need to send us anything. You will be able to keep the entire stock back assembly in one piece with cover and convert back to stock at any time (such as when selling the car). Our back is a simple bolt on with the same two stock bolts that attach the oem back.

The reason I called it a conversion was to help people realize they will get to retain the stock tracks, bottom and seat belt system. I apologize for any confusion.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:04 PM
c5golfguy
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '10

Do you have an ETA on the backs for the c5 yet? This is great.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:40 AM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by c5golfguy
Do you have an ETA on the backs for the c5 yet? This is great.
The patterning should be done and orders being taken by the end of the month or early November. These will be made to order in about 3 weeks.
The following users liked this post:
c5golfguy (10-19-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 01:41 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

To further explain the original post - this seat back will not fold forward because the latch and cable behind the headrest is eliminated. The seat back angle however will still adjust with the handle on the side of the seat. So the most access you would have behind the seat would be sliding the seat all the way forward and tilting the back upward as far as the side lever allows.

We could design a second version that reuses the release cable and flips forward if there is enough demand. The customer would need to source and send us a cable and the plastic bezel that surrounds it behind the seat because they are color keyed to the color of the upholstery. It is getting harder to find many colors and the customer looses the option of simply swapping back to stock if he had to take components off his stock back for us to use.

Mark
Old 10-24-2017, 01:53 AM
Torch FRC
Safety Car

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Old 10-25-2017, 07:56 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

The new bottom cover that will be included with our back can have a sub belt opening sewn in for those who need it. You would make a slit in the bottom foam that flaps would pull through and you could glue them to the underside of the foam cushion. You would also need to spread the center wires outward to allow enough space for the sub belt to pass. How or where you would attach the sub belt would be completely up to you, but we can help get the process started. Below are C6 pictures but the C5 would be similar.

Mark
Old 10-26-2017, 06:52 PM
nuke61
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

Old 10-28-2017, 10:24 PM
RocketRod
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Old 11-03-2017, 10:25 AM
rare69vette
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Seat back

Any word ifyou will be making any with the seat back release

[
QUOTE=marrad;1595746801]We will be releasing soon our custom seat backs for C5 and C6 Corvettes. These will be ideal for people who don’t want to install a racing seat in their car but need better support for track days, other driving events or just spirited driving.

These will be direct replacement seat backs and will bolt to the oem bottom using the stock hardware. We eliminated the cable that allows the back to flop forward instantly but the seat back angle will still adjust from the factory lever.

We will begin work on the cover and these will be patterned to match C5 or C6 patterns. We will provide a matching cover for the stock bottom with each seat back and can add a sub belt opening if needed. We will post pictures later of how to install those. We will offer upholstery in simulated leather, real leather and suede as well. You will be able to choose your stitching color, as well as other options in the works.

The pictures below of the prototype are rather aggressive. We will also make these with a wider flare to the side bolsters for drivers who might find these too snug. If you had an air bag in your stock seat back, you will loose that, if that matters to you.

To help show what we mean by upholstery with stock patterns, you can see seats we did with a different back years ago below. We can do horizontal or vertical stitching and various panels widths as needed.

Any who are interested and would like to be kept up to date can email me directly, as I have started a folder of people to keep informed.[/QUOTE]
Old 11-03-2017, 10:35 AM
GearGrinder826
Advanced

Interested! Put me down on the list of contacts for when these are complete and ready to ship!

Last edited by GearGrinder826; 11-03-2017 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:39 AM
cseaman
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

interesting. subbed to see progress.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:19 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rare69vette
Any word if you will be making any with the seat back release?
I will look into that but it may be a couple of months down the road. I would need to source a thicker/deeper grommet and headrest foam in order to absorb the cable mechanism. Other parts of the frame would also need to be modified so they would cost more, but I don't have numbers yet.

Mark

Get notified of new replies

To New Custom Seat Conversions for C5 and C6 Coming Soon!

Old 11-09-2017, 11:16 PM
vettekid05
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Put me down as well.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:09 AM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by vettekid05
Put me down as well.
Any who would like to be kept up to date should email me directly, as I have started a folder of people to keep informed. I will post another update here soon, but there are a few threads running and I will not have the time to reread every post to see whose interested.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:31 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

The first test cover has been made and it fit pretty good. The upholstery factory will make some tweaks next week and make another cover. The first covers that will be made are the C6 black (ebony) in simulated leather. More updates will be coming soon.

Mark

Quick Reply: New Custom Seat Conversions for C5 and C6 Coming Soon!