Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Prep/mods for 1/2 mile standing start at NFZ-Arizona

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 09:55 AM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,509 Likes on 2,598 Posts

Originally Posted by FNBADAZ06
He said he loved it but was getting nauseous

If you get down to the valley, hit me up and we can put my HP Tuners Pro on it to monitor/see what's going on with the "skipping"
You also may want to check your alternator output voltage and battery for a solid 13.4-.6 voltage.
The DIC indicates very good voltage maintained amd I've had it on my smart charger so the system is up to full voltage on the drives I do including the drive down to WHP that morning.. I was going to check the battery connections, and will check through all the electrical connectors to the coils.

Chances are if I go down to the Valley it will be to take the car the CPR to be checked out.

One other weird thing since the ARHs were installed, the DIC indicates my average fuel mileage as much higher than before, I've seem 35+ after a half tank of gas, but the actual miles per gallon going in is what it normally was before.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:33 AM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 634 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by AzDave47
The DIC indicates very good voltage maintained amd I've had it on my smart charger so the system is up to full voltage on the drives I do including the drive down to WHP that morning.. I was going to check the battery connections, and will check through all the electrical connectors to the coils.

Chances are if I go down to the Valley it will be to take the car the CPR to be checked out.

One other weird thing since the ARHs were installed, the DIC indicates my average fuel mileage as much higher than before, I've seem 35+ after a half tank of gas, but the actual miles per gallon going in is what it normally was before.
I wonder if this is a byproduct of the scaling needed for your new injectors
Old 11-02-2017, 04:58 PM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by FNBADAZ06
I wonder if this is a byproduct of the scaling needed for your new injectors
yes, it was.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:58 PM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by AzDave47
I've had a mis-fire lately and have checked a number of things. Last night I tightened the MSD Intake bolts and most were somewhat loose. I'll check today to see if the mis-fire is gone.
When I ran the car up to 6500 in 2nd and ~5K in 3rd with full throttle today, it ran fine with no engine miss. It appears the problem was solved by tightening all the MSD intake bolts that I could reach.
The following users liked this post:
FNBADAZ06 (11-02-2017)
Old 11-03-2017, 03:10 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

That is great news Dave.... Now then, go buy a Lotto ticket.

Quick Reply: Prep/mods for 1/2 mile standing start at NFZ-Arizona