Help ... ZR1 in for oil change and now I'm looking at > $5k bill and new CC rotors? - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06
General info about GMs Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help ... ZR1 in for oil change and now I'm looking at > $5k bill and new CC rotors?

Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM   #21
Ion
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarbie View Post
Carmax is the worst possible place to buy a car. They have been investigated for selling cars with tons of problems.

good luck and sorry about your issues.
Thanks. I've bought 6 cars from Carmax. No major issues with any of the cars, but but dealing with Carmax and the compartmentalized departments has surely caused a fair share of headaches. The main reason I'm a repeat customer is because they provide the ability to ship exactly what you're looking for from anywhere in the country.

Most of the people at Carmax are generally pretty clueless about the cars they are buying and selling. This is why I take the cars to the dealership for a full inspection during the return window. If Hendrick would have spotted the inner rotor wear, Carmax would have bought my next set of rotors, but oh well. I'll likely replace them myself in a few months to a year depending on how they continue to wear.
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM   #22
Ion
CF Senior Member

Update: Out the door at $344 (whew!). Oil change ($79) + clutch master cylinder (free) + new tensioner ($100 warranty deductible) + 4 wheel alignment ($139) + tax.

I decided to wait a little longer on replacing the front rotors but plan to keep a close eye on them. The car is still stopping great and the forum consensus seems to be that they still have some more miles left in them.

The rattling noise was due to the tensioner alone. After they replaced it under warranty, there was no further rattling noise. I only had to pay the $100 deductible.

On the drive home from the dealer, no more bump steer, the car tracked very straight with better steering feel. The clutch pedal feels better now with the new master cylinder and fluids and it no longer intermittently sticks. No more rattles with the replaced tensioner.

Now I'm just looking forward for the weather to improve so I can get out there and enjoy the car. Thanks again everyone for the input.

Last edited by Ion; Yesterday at 12:35 PM.
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:45 PM   #23
TTZ06VETTE
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion View Post
Update: Out the door at $344 (whew!). Oil change ($79) + clutch master cylinder (free) + new tensioner ($100 warranty deductible) + 4 wheel alignment ($139) + tax.

I decided to wait a little longer on replacing the front rotors but plan to keep a close eye on them. The car is still stopping great and the forum consensus seems to be that they still have some more miles left in them.

The rattling noise was due to the tensioner alone. After they replaced it under warranty, there was no further rattling noise. I only had to pay the $100 deductible.

On the drive home from the dealer, no more bump steer, the car tracked very straight with better steering feel. The clutch pedal feels better now with the new master cylinder and fluids and it no longer intermittently sticks. No more rattles with the replaced tensioner.

Now I'm just looking forward for the weather to improve so I can get out there and enjoy the car. Thanks again everyone for the input.
Good plan...if I were you I would watch the forum for new rotors. I bought all 4 of mine from a forum member in perfect condition for 1/4 price of new. You can tell the wear by weight. Most are like new as most of us put low miles on our cars. Good luck!
TTZ06VETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TTZ06VETTE For This Useful Post:
Ion (Yesterday)
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Help ... ZR1 in for oil change and now I'm looking at > $5k bill and new CC rotors?
  •