Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

replacement transmission mount recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 09:29 AM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 634 Likes on 443 Posts

Default replacement transmission mount recommendations

I'm going to replace my 92K mile OEM transmission mounts while I have the cradle out, and I'm interested in what everyone is using and the pros and cons of these various mounts.

Solid, poly, OEM rubber ?
Which brand and style are you using, and why ?
Old 12-12-2017, 09:55 AM
NachosZO6
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I went with the Hinson because I didn't want to feel like I was driving a steel caged car with the solids mounts. I've had them on for over a year and really like them. I looked at them when I was under the car a few weeks ago and still look rock solid.
The following users liked this post:
FNBADAZ06 (12-12-2017)
Old 12-12-2017, 11:39 AM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 634 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by NachosZO6
I went with the Hinson because I didn't want to feel like I was driving a steel caged car with the solids mounts. I've had them on for over a year and really like them. I looked at them when I was under the car a few weeks ago and still look rock solid.
I've seen a number of people who've posted about using the Hinsons, and they've all been positive. However, Joe posted on my FB thread that he's seen a number of failures with them
Old 12-12-2017, 12:41 PM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

I had Hinsons on my C5. Apparently they were a popular item, because I had a hard time getting them from Hinson. If I were to replace my mounts in my C6, I'd just get new stock mounts. 92k miles would give me sufficient confidence that I'd never have to replace another set of stock mounts.

Get notified of new replies

To replacement transmission mount recommendations

Quick Reply: replacement transmission mount recommendations