Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Mamo Motorsports LS7 package / 200+ RWHP Gain!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 04:59 PM
Brandon619
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

I need a Z06 with this combo. Badass as usual Tony.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:35 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 905 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by blkscls1z
Good numbers on the dyno. Any track results with 9 sec slips and 140 or better mph from any Mamo setups?
Here is a quote directly from one of my customers....note this car is probably 20-30 RWHP lower than combination featured in this thread. Not to mention a soft launch and one of his first trips to the track with the new combo (may have been his first). A better clutch and more technique/practice would easily put this car in the 142 MPH range being conservative and it's not nearly as optimized as the build featured in this thread.

Hey,

Finally got my 2007 Z06 back to the track with all my Mamo goodies...

Setup as follows...

2007 z06, mamo top end kit, heads, mamo ported msd intake, his rockers etc, 1 3/4 LG long tubes through converters, mamo spec'd cam 238/252 on 114, 315/35/17 hoosiers on c5z fronts, vararam intake, NW102 throttle body, 2012 mufflers... STOCK CLUTCH... which will help explain the ET.

Track is 3 hrs each way from my house, so I wanted to be able to drive home. I launched at about 2500 rpm... no slipping and when clutch was fully engaged got into it. First time being able to see what it had as the car on street tires is almost useless(1st and 2nd). Pilot super sports 345's. The car pulls hard!

60ft - 1.9562
1/8 - 7.2352 @ 108.12
1/4 -10.783 @ 140.63

As you can see tons left in it. I reviewed the data from the runs and I was shifting early as well(6900) limiter is set at 7200... so some there as well. Air was good 550-600 ft, so not crazy air, but good.

Amazing how this car pulls on the back half. Had more then one person come up to me and say, supercharged?

Anyway, wanted to share as 140mph is pretty stout and I'm sure with a clutch that I feel comfortable with, more aggressive launch and shifting it a bit higher, low tens and 143/144 is within reach.

If you are looking for a N/A setup that straight out runs talk to Tony... you will not regret it.

Cheers,

Alex
There is alot more potential in this car and keep in mind the cam is a good bit smaller (7 degrees on both intake and exhaust)....it has waaay too small a header (1.75" primaries), and the stock clutch is not only costing him power but really limits how hard you can launch and shift the combination as well. Alot more left in this car swapping to at least a 1.875 headers, bumping the shift points up a bit and installing a much better clutch.

Regards,
Tony

Please take the time to also visit my website at www.MamoMotorsports.com

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 12-15-2017 at 06:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TRSCobra (12-15-2017)
Old 12-16-2017, 08:23 AM
Z06Samuel
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very impressive Tony! I am going with this setup as soon as I can!
Old 12-17-2017, 01:36 PM
blkscls1z
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo
Here is a quote directly from one of my customers....note this car is probably 20-30 RWHP lower than combination featured in this thread. Not to mention a soft launch and one of his first trips to the track with the new combo (may have been his first). A better clutch and more technique/practice would easily put this car in the 142 MPH range being conservative and it's not nearly as optimized as the build featured in this thread.
Spinning on the launch will show a higher trap than what the car would actually run if it dead hooked. Looking at the 60ft it's obvious he was spinning. Unfortunately that car won't trap 140 with traction and would be in the low 10 second range.
DSGCOBRA24 (12-17-2017)
Old 12-17-2017, 04:46 PM
Eric Fischer
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Spinning on the launch will show a higher trap than what the car would actually run if it dead hooked. Looking at the 60ft it's obvious he was spinning. Unfortunately that car won't trap 140 with traction and would be in the low 10 second range.
That has not been my experience, my highest trap speeds are always recorded with my best 60 ft times. If this guy trapped 140 with a 1.9x short time, then he can easily go 142-143 with a decent launch.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:40 PM
robz
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts

I wouldn't doubt 145+mph based on the drivers description of his track day.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:22 PM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I didn't see mention of lifters maybe I missed that detail.

Stock lifters or something else?
Old 12-18-2017, 04:35 PM
nuke61
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

Post #15 - Johnson Short travel lifters
Old 12-19-2017, 10:00 AM
blkscls1z
Racer

Originally Posted by robz
I wouldn't doubt 145+mph based on the drivers description of his track day.
I'd love to see a SBE LS7 go 145!
Old 12-19-2017, 11:41 AM
RobGOV-DCZ
Pro

Received 150 Likes on 89 Posts

I'd love to see a SBE LS7 go 145!
SBE LS7 NA been 145+. Reference #1 on the fastlist.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:55 PM
blkscls1z
Racer

Originally Posted by RobGOV-DCZ
SBE LS7 NA been 145+. Reference #1 on the fastlist.
I was looking for legitimate examples.
Z06Qazi (12-23-2017)
Old 12-19-2017, 02:45 PM
Turbo2L
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

Shots fired. 😂
Old 12-19-2017, 05:34 PM
RobGOV-DCZ
Pro

Received 150 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo2L
Shots fired. 😂
I surely hope the Admin have not updated the power adder list in a while. The only “shots fired” would be me telling you that you should sell your car if you cant run 145+ in a power adder car sir.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:00 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 261 Likes on 173 Posts

​​​​​​
Seb's previous record was 9.53@145.86 i was there every minute of that day helping him out with tire pressures, lining up in the groove and telling him when to let off on the burnouts. Same thing goes for his new record of 9.35@153.75. I've been involved with seb for the past 3 seasons and I swear on my 3yr olds daughters heads there's no cheating going on. We've put together another car Alexgz06 and it went 143 without headwork and untouched msd intake. Alex left tons on the table considering he still has roughly 40rwhp in heads, ported intake, ati pulley, and a better set of headers and he still traped 143 with a bog off the line. Instead of calling bs just because you didn't or can't, maybe go back to the drawing board and figure out what you're not doing or doing wrong. Sebs not gonna spell it all out for you
RobGOV-DCZ (12-19-2017)
Old 12-19-2017, 06:55 PM
Turbo2L
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by RobGOV-DCZ
I surely hope the Admin have not updated the power adder list in a while. The only “shots fired” would be me telling you that you should sell your car if you cant run 145+ in a power adder car sir.
Glad to see you're still a douche.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:38 AM
blkscls1z
Racer

Originally Posted by rpmextra
​​​​​​
Seb's previous record was 9.53@145.86 i was there every minute of that day helping him out with tire pressures, lining up in the groove and telling him when to let off on the burnouts. Same thing goes for his new record of 9.35@153.75. I've been involved with seb for the past 3 seasons and I swear on my 3yr olds daughters heads there's no cheating going on. We've put together another car Alexgz06 and it went 143 without headwork and untouched msd intake. Alex left tons on the table considering he still has roughly 40rwhp in heads, ported intake, ati pulley, and a better set of headers and he still traped 143 with a bog off the line. Instead of calling bs just because you didn't or can't, maybe go back to the drawing board and figure out what you're not doing or doing wrong. Sebs not gonna spell it all out for you
Pretty obvious when you analyze the timeslips, but if an internet record means that much to y'all, then so be it, eh.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:24 AM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 261 Likes on 173 Posts

Pretty obvious when you analyze the timeslips, but if an internet record means that much to y'all, then so be it, eh.
​​​​​​This wasn't my intention to highjack the thread it was just an observation as to someone wanting to see 145mph+
If Gary can trap just shy of 140mph with just bolt ons then what's another 5mph with a worked set of heads and cam on top of that? The timeslips have been analyzed by one of the best and the record stands. Seb has worked his way up the ladder over the yrs in multiple categories and this isnt some overnight success story. You are intitled to your opinion and I respect that. You don't have to get cute with your "eh" though.

Congrats for this build, definitely making some nice power. Can't wait to see some track numbers.

Get notified of new replies

To Mamo Motorsports LS7 package / 200+ RWHP Gain!!

Old 12-20-2017, 11:54 AM
Schred86
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

very impressive numbers. Definitely believe this car is very capable trapping 142-143. I like that fact that its not on a solid roller setup too.

Last edited by Schred86; 12-20-2017 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:52 PM
blkscls1z
Racer

Originally Posted by rpmextra
​​​​​​This wasn't my intention to highjack the thread it was just an observation as to someone wanting to see 145mph+
If Gary can trap just shy of 140mph with just bolt ons then what's another 5mph with a worked set of heads and cam on top of that? The timeslips have been analyzed by one of the best and the record stands. Seb has worked his way up the ladder over the yrs in multiple categories and this isnt some overnight success story. You are intitled to your opinion and I respect that. You don't have to get cute with your "eh" though.

Congrats for this build, definitely making some nice power. Can't wait to see some track numbers.
No one is questioning Gary because his ET and MPH add up.

Don't get upset when I throw a quip back at you after you insinuate I have no other reason to question the legitimacy of the time, "because I didn't or can't" do it.

Since you guys are in the marker for new heads, you might as well give Tony a call.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:32 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 905 Likes on 370 Posts

Guys,

Lets try to keep this thread somewhat more on point.....LOL

Records at the dragstrip are all well and good but that is a "study" and a science in and of itself.

Getting down the track quickly is alot more than just power....race weight (which Im sure is optimized in anyone serious enough to be record hunting), aerodynamics, chassis and suspension mods to help weight transfer, and shear skill and determination (aka tons of practice)....not to mention air quality a huge variable. Lets face it, your never going to set the record in Southern California or Florida but ALL of the variables I mentioned come into play here.

Bottom line....Im selling most of my heads/cam packages to your average enthusiasts who simply want to go fast (some simply wanting an impressive looking dyno sheet in their glove box to share with the boys at Sunday's "Cars and coffee" event).

But when you see a significant trend where 3rd party independent dyno's across the country are breaking records with my Mamo Motorsports LS7 combinations (typically with significantly more power than seen previously), that certainly means if a track rat got hold of my combination they could really exploit it's possibilities and lay down some serious numbers.

I know of numerous enthusiasts I have helped with my new LS7 gear running 140+ but alot of these guys prefer to be low key and not talk about their results on the forums as a majority of them street race and would rather keep things on the down low for obvious reasons. The guys that run for money will certainly never post and other guys just like to walk softly and carry a big stick just for the surprise factor and fun of it all even if money isn't involved.

I have decided to force myself to invest the time required to finally modify my own C6Z. She was a honey pot virgin I picked up with 1800 miles on it a couple of years ago (it's a machine silver 2008 2LT). It was bone stock and still smells new inside....a collector had grabbed it and it sat in a heated steel building with about ten of his other automotive possessions. I shipped it from the east coast back to LA and have only put a couple of thousand miles on it myself having limited "personal time" available mainly due to running this business and helping you guys go faster! (I do have a 700 RWHP CTSV to keep me smiling when I feel the need for speed....LOL).

I plan to chassis dyno this car on two seperate dynos bone stock....pull the engine.....dyno test it on a SuperFlow engine dyno in bone stock trim....exhaust manifolds and all.....and then install one of my own MMS LS7 heads/cam packages and then back to all three dyno's once it's tuned and dialed in. Its alot of work to do all this but the data from all of this will be meaningful and worthy of the time invested. Then it's off to the track to run her down the quarter mile a few times and certainly a half mile event thrown in as well. I don't expect to set any records here is So Cal air (1500 above sea level is a good day!) but I assure you the track results will be impressive if you factor in the air quality the days I will be attending them (which I will record and document with my weather station).

Im looking forward to all this hardcore R&D almost as much as Im looking forward to the way the car drives with another 200+ at the rear wheels!! Im actually surprised how fast the car is in bone stock trim and have been door to door with boosted C7's numerous times in some highway roll ons. The C6Z is really an awesome machine....the most pure sports car GM has ever built IMO with the classic powerful N/A / lightweight build approach....now that almost everything seems to be supercharged these days the engineers designing these cars dont need to be as creative....just add another pound of boost to carry that extra 75 lbs....LOL

Anyway.....Im looking forward to 2018.....I have alot of unique customer builds in the works as well as my own C6Z which is going to be a bonafide super car when Im done with it

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 12-21-2017 at 01:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Mamo Motorsports LS7 package / 200+ RWHP Gain!!