Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Rear Tow Hook that fits Akrapovic's???

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 11:10 AM
edmundu
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Rear Tow Hook that fits Akrapovic's???

Like the title states, anyone out there with Akra's, and run a tow hook that fits?

I saw this VMS rear hook, that appears to work with aftermarket BB or Borla's,

But before committing to buy, thought I would post up and see if there is a known working combo.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:11 PM
Larry Myers
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by edmundu
Like the title states, anyone out there with Akra's, and run a tow hook that fits?

I saw this VMS rear hook, that appears to work with aftermarket BB or Borla's,
wi
But before committing to buy, thought I would post up and see if there is a known working combo.
I have the Pfadt tow hook with Arkapovic exhaust. Unfortunately, this hook is not longer being sold. Occasionally, will see one for sale in the parts for sale thread. The upside here is the VMS hook appears to have the same attach points and dimensions as the Pfadt hook. After scrutinizing the VMS hook, am going out on a limb to say, am reasonably confident that hook will fit.

Last edited by Larry Myers; 08-31-2018 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:18 PM
edmundu
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks Larry! Actually they are available, as AFe resurrected Pfadt parts. There are a few sites selling them now. From seeing the Pfadt/AFe pics, it appears they are slightly narrower than the VMS, and since you confirmed fitment on your Akra setup, I will pay the extra $$$ for the one I know fits!
Old 08-31-2018, 02:39 PM
Larry Myers
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by edmundu
Thanks Larry! Actually they are available, as AFe resurrected Pfadt parts. There are a few sites selling them now. From seeing the Pfadt/AFe pics, it appears they are slightly narrower than the VMS, and since you confirmed fitment on your Akra setup, I will pay the extra $$$ for the one I know fits!
Ahh, my bad. Was aware aFe assumed Pfadt's product line, and so before I responded I checked their web site. What I missed was the web site contained multiple pages and the hook was listed on the last page. Bottom line, glad your able to find what you want. My last search lasted about a year.

Get notified of new replies

To Rear Tow Hook that fits Akrapovic's???

Quick Reply: Rear Tow Hook that fits Akrapovic's???