Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Corbeau seats - need an answer on the resistor placement

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 02:30 PM
SketchyVette
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Corbeau seats - need an answer on the resistor placement

Hi everyone, as the title states I have Corbeau seats in the car and have the 3.3 ohm resistors to place inline to simulate the resistance the seat airbags would provide. Does anyone have pictures of how you may have accomplished the task of putting the fuses inline?

I can splice these in no issue but want to get it right the first time. Trying to avoid buying sims but can do that if you guys have had luck with a certain vendor etc.

Let me know, thanks.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:16 AM
Dan_the_C5_Man
Le Mans Master

Received 444 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by SketchyVette
Hi everyone, as the title states I have Corbeau seats in the car and have the 3.3 ohm resistors to place inline to simulate the resistance the seat airbags would provide. Does anyone have pictures of how you may have accomplished the task of putting the fuses inline?

I can splice these in no issue but want to get it right the first time. Trying to avoid buying sims but can do that if you guys have had luck with a certain vendor etc.

Let me know, thanks.
Assuming the resistance value you've stated is correct, there is no "wrong way' to wire a resistor into a circuit - resistors have no polarity.

The cleanest option is to purchase the other side of the connector, or maybe source them from your original seat, or a junk yard.

Last edited by Dan_the_C5_Man; 01-23-2018 at 01:22 AM.
The following users liked this post:
SketchyVette (01-24-2018)
Old 01-24-2018, 10:45 AM
SketchyVette
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan_the_C5_Man
Assuming the resistance value you've stated is correct, there is no "wrong way' to wire a resistor into a circuit - resistors have no polarity.

The cleanest option is to purchase the other side of the connector, or maybe source them from your original seat, or a junk yard.
Thank you, I was thinking there was more than the two wires in that connector, but that is a great idea on sourcing the other side of the connector and building my own little airbag sim.

Thanks again!

Get notified of new replies

To Corbeau seats - need an answer on the resistor placement

Quick Reply: Corbeau seats - need an answer on the resistor placement