Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Using dynamat to reduce heat/ sound in C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 07:54 PM
fitzjames
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Using dynamat to reduce heat/ sound in C6 Z06

Hello
I have a 2009 modded z06 which is getting ready for headers.My carpeting is starting to pull away from the lower console area.I have an EE tunnel plate with the ceramic coating.I have been told to use dynamat under the carpet to control heat and sound.Has anyone done this and what amounts were needed?There seems to be Dynamat extreme,dynamat superlite and dynamat liner?
Thanks.fitz
Old 02-05-2018, 07:58 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Get a pre-cut kit like this one: http://www.exoticvette.com/c6-insulation-kit.html

There's another kit out there as well that offers door panel pieces in their kit...name escapes me at the moment.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:19 PM
Buddy A
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

My .02. If you are going to go to the trouble of installing either the precut insulation or Dynomat, go ahead and install both. I actually did 3. Sound deadener, vibration damper, and the insulation. I liked the results.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:29 AM
JDebler
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy A
My .02. If you are going to go to the trouble of installing either the precut insulation or Dynomat, go ahead and install both. I actually did 3. Sound deadener, vibration damper, and the insulation. I liked the results.
Not a bad idea. Did you do it in this order?

(Factory Carpet)
Insulation
Vibration Dampner
Sound Deadener
(Factory floor)

With sound deadener being the Dynamat, what vibration dampener did you use?

Last edited by JDebler; 02-06-2018 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:25 PM
Widowmkr
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fitzjames
Hello
I have a 2009 modded z06 which is getting ready for headers.My carpeting is starting to pull away from the lower console area.I have an EE tunnel plate with the ceramic coating.I have been told to use dynamat under the carpet to control heat and sound.Has anyone done this and what amounts were needed?There seems to be Dynamat extreme,dynamat superlite and dynamat liner?
Thanks.fitz
I had my '08 Z06 done with one full roll of Xtreme Dynamat all the way back to the end of the trunk about 3 weeks ago. My car does not get warm anymore, or as warm as it did from the engine or drive train. I had the JL sub box installed and wanted to get better sound. The dynamat has worked wonders, so far big fan of this. I run no cats and kooks headers tied to corsa exhaust, so the loudness of that is muffled significantly... except when I mat it. Overall very happy.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:54 PM
Buddy A
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by JDebler
Not a bad idea. Did you do it in this order?

(Factory Carpet)
Insulation
Vibration Dampner
Sound Deadener
(Factory floor)

With sound deadener being the Dynamat, what vibration dampener did you use?
I used Raamat, same type of product though. And yes that was the order.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:26 PM
G8Pumpkin
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Just a note the antennas for the radio FM/AM are attached to the rear trunk release bracket and go through the rear panel then horizontal left and right so if you run a sound absorber material that has a foil on top you will effect the radio reception I peeled the aluminum top layer off my insulation which was Lowes duct liner so it only goes part way up the rear panel to get back the lost radio reception also raised the antenna wires by taking out the rear tailights and you can see the antenna wires moved them up and taped them down. The wires are a red one for AM and green for the FM diversity system.

Get notified of new replies

To Using dynamat to reduce heat/ sound in C6 Z06

Quick Reply: Using dynamat to reduce heat/ sound in C6 Z06