Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Ecu Reprogram Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 06:46 PM
ldscamaross
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ecu Reprogram Question

Hey guys any help will be appreciated
I purchased a 2007 z06 from copart and there was a fire in the passenger side fender by the computer. it melted several wires and destroyed the connections to the ecu. Surprisingly after separating and taping the wires the car starts with no check engine lights. Dont worry I am replacing the entire harness and getting a new ecu and here is my question.

If a car has been tuned can you take the tune off of one ecu and put it on another one?
As far as I know this car is stock except for bb exhaust and a cai. If there was a tune and it was easy it would be nice to transfer it to the new ecu I know the ecu will need to be programmed to the new vin and have seen a few listings on ebay to do it for around $150. Does anybody on the forum do it? And can you take the program off of one and put it on another ecu?

Thanks
Old 02-25-2018, 06:53 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

As long as you can read the old ECU, with hptuners or something similar, you could copy any changes to the new one.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Ecu Reprogram Question