Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

ZO6 Might Mouse Catch Can Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 05:51 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

^ Mild should be more than adequate for your needs. Wild is great for high HP FI stuff where increased crankcase pressure needs to be alleviated.
The following users liked this post:
nuke61 (03-07-2018)
Old 03-08-2018, 03:46 PM
Must_Have_Z
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by nuke61
I called David yesterday and left my phone number, but no call back yet, so maybe someone here knows the answer from personal experience, or seeing here.

I have a H/C/I/E C6Z that puts down ~575 rwhp, and the only thing I might change in the future is to go to an e85 capable setup, so injectors, fuel pump, tuning - so we're still talking high 500s, low 600s for horsepower.

Do I get the mild or the wild setup? For some reason the MM website catch can helper doesn't work on my computer, so I haven't been able to use it without high levels of frustration.
I'd go with the wild to allow for future growth. I did, and I'm only at 560WHP.
Old 03-08-2018, 04:28 PM
nuke61
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

Must_Have_Z, no plans for me for future growth, so your plans are different than mine.

David called me today and we talked about where my car is now, any future plans, what I do with my car and how I drive.

Basically, no plans for any significant future horsepower other than possibly going to flex-fuel, so only a modest bump in horsepower. No plans on road racing - he said this was important to know. Only 1/2 mile runs and some spirited driving in secluded areas, not a daily driver either.

He said based on that info, I should pick the mild - he also said it results in cleaner air to the motor. Oh, he said the best way is to look at the hose that comes off of the air bridge and goes to the PCV system - anything up to a light coating of oil is Mild, if it's really oily (or future plans, like Must_Have_Z) then Wild.

Going home in a few hours to have a look at this hose - I suspect it will be dry or mostly dry - and buy accordingly.

Last edited by nuke61; 03-08-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Quick Reply: ZO6 Might Mouse Catch Can Review