Z06 Aldan Coil Overs - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GMs Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Advertisement
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Aldan Coil Overs

Old 04-12-2018, 09:30 PM
roastin300
CF Senior Member

I better pull my delrins out then...I wasnt aware that my Z drives like a truck after I did the upgrade.

And yes Poly bushings dont last long in locations under constant stress/high force. They end up yielding/deforming in short time.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:57 PM
Pounder
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 1,343 Times in 1,142 Posts

Originally Posted by roastin300 View Post
I better pull my delrins out then...I wasnt aware that my Z drives like a truck after I did the upgrade.

And yes Poly bushings dont last long in locations under constant stress/high force. They end up yielding/deforming in short time.
he said he would go to the aluminum ones ?????? last I checked the title was in our name
Old 04-13-2018, 04:33 AM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Pounder View Post
We ordered Aldan Coil Overs for our 06 ZO 6 in Dec. We now have finally got to the point of installing them. The fronts went on no issues, then the rear ??? the upper plates are left and right, and we received two rights My Wife got on the phone (Sun.) to Mike at TPS Motorsports, received a call back that day, said he would take care of it. My Wife got a call first thing Mon. from Aldan and was told the left plate would be shipped out next day air. Received the part before noon today !!!!!!!! Great service from TPS Motorsports and Aldan America !!!!!
Well, after our first AutoX event the Vette performed unbelievable !!!! we felt like in the turns we could be almost as aggressive as we wanted. never felt the Vette wanting to push or slide out, other than trying to control rear tire spin on a cold semi-wet track everything felt great !!!!!

Glad you and your wife are enjoying your Christmas Present Glad I could help you get your Vette dialed in
San Jose, CA 95119
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: [email protected]
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, LG Motorsports, Whipple, Vortech, Paxton, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, GHL Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...
Old 06-14-2018, 02:09 PM
Vette_Fan
CF Senior Member

This is an interesting thread....

Since I am going to be changing shocks, end links, and springs soon, I was looking into getting the control arm bushings also changed in the front.

Now, my car would be a DD, for long trips, AND also looking to carve hills, stable in the flats at speed...etc, etc...basically, a much more tuned suspension. I don't want a race car type harshness, but also wanna get rid of the floaty feeling and improve driver confidence. Keep it coming. I was considering Poly bushings for sway bars and control arm, but don't want to keep changing those out every few years either...
Old 06-14-2018, 02:30 PM
Pounder
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Vette_Fan View Post
This is an interesting thread....

Since I am going to be changing shocks, end links, and springs soon, I was looking into getting the control arm bushings also changed in the front.

Now, my car would be a DD, for long trips, AND also looking to carve hills, stable in the flats at speed...etc, etc...basically, a much more tuned suspension. I don't want a race car type harshness, but also wanna get rid of the floaty feeling and improve driver confidence. Keep it coming. I was considering Poly bushings for sway bars and control arm, but don't want to keep changing those out every few years either...
our car on good roads drives beautifully, in town (OK., City) very firm, X-way rides great IMO !!!
Old 06-14-2018, 07:02 PM
2FastCorvette4U
CF Senior Member

Still no pics of what the max drop looks like? I have seen quite a few threads and people speak highly of these but I am curious what type of drop these can do.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:12 PM
Pounder
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 2FastCorvette4U View Post
Still no pics of what the max drop looks like? I have seen quite a few threads and people speak highly of these but I am curious what type of drop these can do.
we bought ours for AutoX and performance, don't care about how low they go !!!!!
Old 06-16-2018, 02:50 PM
2FastCorvette4U
CF Senior Member

we bought ours for AutoX and performance, don't care about how low they go !!!!!
I am happy to hear that for you but some of us that don't AutoX want the coilovers for other reasons.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: