Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Special Coverage Adjustment - Airbag Light On

Old 04-13-2018, 06:09 PM
kuyarog
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Special Coverage Adjustment - Airbag Light On

If you are having issues with your airbag light staying on as I was on my 2012 ZR1, read Bulletin No: 15643A, Date: February 2017. The bulletin is for 2004 - 2009 Cadillac XLR and 2005 - 2013 Corvettes. The special coverage adjustment is for 10 years when the vehicle was originally placed in service regardless of ownership. The bulletin includes part numbers as well as step by step color pictures for repair procedures. I just got my ZR1 back from my Chevrolet dealer and so far no airbag light. Wish I had this bulletin a year ago when I started having airbag light problems.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:27 PM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Received 488 Likes on 366 Posts

Best thing to do is try to zip-tie the yellow connection under the seat to the seat rail first. This solved the issue on my current Z06 and my previous C6.

The dealer's fix will cut the connectors off and solder the wires together. Not a fan of this solution in the event you need to remove the seats for whatever reason.

Last edited by Frankie15; 04-13-2018 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:32 AM
ss2z06
Melting Slicks

Received 439 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie15
Best thing to do is try to zip-tie the yellow connection under the seat to the seat rail first. This solved the issue on my current Z06 and my previous C6.

The dealer's fix will cut the connectors off and solder the wires together. Not a fan of this solution in the event you need to remove the seats for whatever reason.

Actually that was the original bulletin. It has further been updated. They now solder on new connectors on both seats so everything is removable and correct. I just had it done.
The following users liked this post:
Frankie15 (04-15-2018)
Old 04-14-2018, 03:22 PM
kuyarog
Instructor

Originally Posted by ss2z06

Actually that was the original bulletin. It has further been updated. They now solder on new connectors on both seats so everything is removable and correct. I just had it done.
Bulletin No. 15643A is the updated bulletin. This bulletin states "Please discard all copies of bulletin 15643". I just had it done and the new connectors were soldered per the new bulletin.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:32 PM
kuyarog
Instructor

Originally Posted by Frankie15

You are right about the fix, but it is not the dealer's fix. The fix is in the GM Service Bulletin and labor as well as parts are charged to GM. If a customer paid to have it done, the customer may request for reimbursement. The coverages is good for 10 years starting when the car was first placed in service. My service manager who is the ZR1/Z06 expert did not want to cut the connectors as you state, so he called GM and this is their fix, but I do agree with you. I did have the bulletin fix done and am satisfied.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:10 AM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Received 488 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by ss2z06

Nice! Definitely what they should've done in the first place.

Get notified of new replies

To Special Coverage Adjustment - Airbag Light On

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Special Coverage Adjustment - Airbag Light On