Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Mild 2 Wild not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 09:48 PM
MacofTampa
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mild 2 Wild not working

Just received a Mild 2 Wild Controller from RPI. Install according to the instructions and it doesn't work. I mad sure the FOBs batteries were good, the fuse tap was install in the correct orientation and that the ground was on the right metal mounting crew. its installed on a 08 Z06, Any help would be apprietiated. Thanks Mac
Old 04-13-2018, 07:29 AM
itomh
Pro

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by MacofTampa
Just received a Mild 2 Wild Controller from RPI. Install according to the instructions and it doesn't work. I mad sure the FOBs batteries were good, the fuse tap was install in the correct orientation and that the ground was on the right metal mounting crew. its installed on a 08 Z06, Any help would be apprietiated. Thanks Mac

I have an 08Z here with M2W. Curious, unplug the M2W from fuse tap and pull the fuse that operates the M2W and listed to the exhaust note. With car still running, pay attention to exhaust note and then pull the NPP fuse, was there any difference in tone? If yes, it may not be a bad switch and you may have a vacuum leak in system. Do you have a picture of your wiring?
Old 04-13-2018, 08:31 AM
ZF Six
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 136 Likes on 85 Posts

I just installed one in my ZR1.

Installing it into the exhaust fuse slot didn't work. The instructions had an alternative so I used that method and it did work which is this:
Pull the seat heater fuse and install the new relay into that slot. Mine had an extra white wire that was inserted into the exhaust fuse slot. After doing that it works perfectly.
The following 2 users liked this post by ZF Six:
03BlkZ (04-14-2018), MacofTampa (04-15-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 08:39 AM
itomh
Pro

Originally Posted by ZF Six
I just installed one in my ZR1.

Installing it into the exhaust fuse slot didn't work. The instructions had an alternative so I used that method and it did work which is this:
Pull the seat heater fuse and install the new relay into that slot. Mine had an extra white wire that was inserted into the exhaust fuse slot. After doing that it works perfectly.

Exactly, Use the add a fuse into the heated seat fuse and white wire to the exhaust fuse.

The following users liked this post:
MacofTampa (04-15-2018)
Old 04-14-2018, 11:07 AM
MacofTampa
Intermediate

Thanks I will try it that way and see what happens...Mac
Old 04-15-2018, 02:30 PM
MacofTampa
Intermediate

thanks for the replys, I installed it via the alternate method that says zero battery drain and it works just fine that way. But honestly since I always have the car plugged into a battery tender, has hoping to have the controller always in the "mild" mode until I activated it with the remote. But this will work if the controller doesn't work the other way.....Thanks again....Mac
Old 04-16-2018, 01:41 PM
Salty
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Explain again please

I have a 16 Z06 and it does not work using fuse 42.

There is no alternate hookup in the directions I have.

I should pull the seat heater fuse plug the buss in there and what do you do with the white wire, get an additional buss plug it in 42 and plug the white wire in there?
Old 04-16-2018, 01:41 PM
ZF Six
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 136 Likes on 85 Posts

My heated seats don't work after installing it the second way, FYI
Old 04-16-2018, 01:57 PM
itomh
Pro

My heated seats work perfectly fine with the alternate add a fuse in the heated seat fuse position and white wire to the NPP fuse position. I've had it this way for a year now with no issues.
The following users liked this post:
Ssbz16 (08-26-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Mild 2 Wild not working

Quick Reply: Mild 2 Wild not working