Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Price Check: 2009 Z06 with 110k miles

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 10:08 AM
Tonio
Drifting

Received 281 Likes on 226 Posts

If anyone is looking for an 07 ZO6, I'm selling mine. 6,500 miles. Yes, I never drive it! Asking $39,500. Currently listed on evil bay. lol.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:36 AM
C6Z06Silverbullet
Melting Slicks

Received 360 Likes on 263 Posts

OP jump on it!
Old 04-30-2018, 02:09 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette
THe person who doesn't know what they are talking about is you.

But in the world of the interweb it is easier to scare people than reassure them...
Brilliant retort Jerri. Sorry, but you haven't a clue as to which you speak of. You have no skin in the game...zero, none, zilch. You don't own a C6Z, and you never will. You've never inspected a set of C6Z heads using any sort of method you see fit. You don't know how to turn a wrench on a car. I bet you couldn't even remove a valve cover if I handed you everything you needed to complete the task. Do you think you could actually take guide measurements using a bore gauge, since one can only surmise that this is the only methodology you, yourself would accept to determine guide wear....just kidding, you wouldn't even know what this instrument looks like. All you know is what your boyfriend tells you on his "podcast". I'm amazed you can pump your own gas Jerri.

What really cracks me up is the guys now reporting 20k miles on their reworked heads after listening to fear mongering and they once again are finding the wiggle test again shows this ridiculous and inaccurate test recreating the same misdiagnosis of a problem when one doesn't actually exist..
I'm glad other peoples misfortune brings you laughter and joy...shows a real lack of moral character. So tell me Jerri, are valve stems supposed to rock back and forth in the guide? Is the hourglass wear of valve guides normal and acceptable to you?

Six tenths of one percent have.
Have what Jerri? Be more specific here. Drop a valve? Worn guides? A machining defect? Tell us exactly what you're talking about here.
Are you even good enough at math to understand how many vehicles you're talking about here? Probably not. I do chuckle at how "your estimated number" seems to get smaller and smaller though.

7 times as many cam failures as valve failure...but lets replace the heads because tuners make money selling remanufacturered heads replacement and the labor is much less involved....
Is this another useless stat from your BF podcaster? Where on earth did this come from, and what sort of evidence do you have to support this theory?

Bottom line is

You Can't fix stupid.
You sure can't Jerri...we've been trying to fix you for quite some time. I hate to single you out, because I feel like I'm picking on the slow kid in class...but your statistics on what failure rates are, and how many are affected is doing far more harm than good to this community of actual Z06 owners.

The wiggle test is a waste of time as it shows nothing.
You couldn't be more incorrect with that ridiculous statement. Again, you know absolutely nothing...all you do is take a few nuggets of misinformation from your BF podcaster (knowing you its all out of context anyways), and then come on here and regurgitate your verbal diarrhea.

Last edited by MTPZ06; 04-30-2018 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:46 PM
Craiger77
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
Default high mileage

I hesitated to reply to this because, for many Vette owners, mileage is a big deal. Rightfully so, these cars tend to be our pride and joy.

My 2007 has 137k miles. I purchased it in the fall of 2016 from the owner in California. I dont regret it it single bit. The car had the wear that should be expected from its use but it was in, otherwise, excellent condition. I purchased it for 23,500.

It had original heads. The first thing I did was place an order to AHP for package 4 heads and i replaced them myself that Spring of 2017.

I didnt buy this car to be a show queen. I bought it to be used. Dont get me wrong, I want a nice looking car and I take very good care of it. Other owners who see it cant believe the mileage when they ask. But, I intend to track it, autocross it, drag it, and anything else I feel it was made for.

I say, don't be afraid to consider the high mileage car you found. Just be completely honest with what you want to do with it. If its a rolling trophy car show cruiser, maybe keep looking. If you don't want to feel bad about slamming gears and spinning up pebbles into the wells, then it might be the perfect car for you

BTW: my Z put down 480/454 AHP heads only - all stock, all 137k miles

It has a cam and Halltech now. It puts down 558/490. Sending it.

Last edited by Craiger77; 04-30-2018 at 03:01 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Craiger77:
dcooper23 (05-01-2018), JerriVette (04-30-2018), racebum (04-30-2018)
Old 04-30-2018, 02:56 PM
Craiger77
Racer

My Dyno is at 7:30
Old 04-30-2018, 05:47 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Craiger77
I hesitated to reply to this because, for many Vette owners, mileage is a big deal. Rightfully so, these cars tend to be our pride and joy.

My 2007 has 137k miles. I purchased it in the fall of 2016 from the owner in California. I dont regret it it single bit. The car had the wear that should be expected from its use but it was in, otherwise, excellent condition. I purchased it for 23,500.

It had original heads. The first thing I did was place an order to AHP for package 4 heads and i replaced them myself that Spring of 2017.

I didnt buy this car to be a show queen. I bought it to be used. Dont get me wrong, I want a nice looking car and I take very good care of it. Other owners who see it cant believe the mileage when they ask. But, I intend to track it, autocross it, drag it, and anything else I feel it was made for.

I say, don't be afraid to consider the high mileage car you found. Just be completely honest with what you want to do with it. If its a rolling trophy car show cruiser, maybe keep looking. If you don't want to feel bad about slamming gears and spinning up pebbles into the wells, then it might be the perfect car for you

nice car and a great comp. that's about what i expected price wise but with so few market comps it was a little hard to tell. as you know most the comps are sub 50k mile
The following users liked this post:
JerriVette (04-30-2018)
Old 04-30-2018, 07:13 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
Brilliant retort Jerri. Sorry, but you haven't a clue as to which you speak of. You have no skin in the game...zero, none, zilch. You don't own a C6Z, and you never will. You've never inspected a set of C6Z heads using any sort of method you see fit. You don't know how to turn a wrench on a car. I bet you couldn't even remove a valve cover if I handed you everything you needed to complete the task. Do you think you could actually take guide measurements using a bore gauge, since one can only surmise that this is the only methodology you, yourself would accept to determine guide wear....just kidding, you wouldn't even know what this instrument looks like. All you know is what your boyfriend tells you on his "podcast". I'm amazed you can pump your own gas Jerri.

I'm glad other peoples misfortune brings you laughter and joy...shows a real lack of moral character. So tell me Jerri, are valve stems supposed to rock back and forth in the guide? Is the hourglass wear of valve guides normal and acceptable to you?

Have what Jerri? Be more specific here. Drop a valve? Worn guides? A machining defect? Tell us exactly what you're talking about here.
Are you even good enough at math to understand how many vehicles you're talking about here? Probably not. I do chuckle at how "your estimated number" seems to get smaller and smaller though.

Is this another useless stat from your BF podcaster? Where on earth did this come from, and what sort of evidence do you have to support this theory?

You sure can't Jerri...we've been trying to fix you for quite some time. I hate to single you out, because I feel like I'm picking on the slow kid in class...but your statistics on what failure rates are, and how many are affected is doing far more harm than good to this community of actual Z06 owners.

You couldn't be more incorrect with that ridiculous statement. Again, you know absolutely nothing...all you do is take a few nuggets of misinformation from your BF podcaster (knowing you its all out of context anyways), and then come on here and regurgitate your verbal diarrhea.
I know the real facts while you base your information on Internet rumors.

I wish you well and we can agree to disagree.

Most people in the know don't even bother posting on these forums ...

They just gave up after awhile because of the venomous insults but every once in awhile I applaud the guys who are not slaves to internet rumor nonsense And overblown hysteria...

Engines break for many reasons and I stand by my claim of less than 6 tenths of one percent have this valve guide issue you so venhemently like To insult me with.

By the way I have a severely handicapped mentally challenged 22 year old son so I really find your ignorance is well rounded.

I hold no anger towards you as I'm sure you believe your incorrect facts.

That said as with any 505 hp naturally aspirated motor it does make sense to recondition it after 100k miles or so...for those that want to do it sooner or later that's their business but to assume or rather in your case project a doomsday scenario to all who consider an LS7 I believe you are doing them a disservice.

Freedom of speech and all I'll stop in from time to time to voice an informed discussion and that ll be the way it goes.

I can't tell you how many pm s I get who agree with me but don't want the interweb hysteria and insult backlash to touch their lives so they stay silent publically. You might consider your actions are similiar to internet bullying but I believe it is your passion of your beliefs so I try not to take your insults over time too seriously.

I don't mind if you voice your opinion as well yet I would prefer you consider or rather reconsider your presently preferred meathod of insults..

Slow minded individuals like my beautiful son would appreciate your respect even if you disagree with me.

These are just cars and even slow minded individuals are beautiful people in their own right. I'm sure on that we do agree.

Take care and enjoy your awesome c6 z06.

Last edited by JerriVette; 04-30-2018 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:35 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by 73DBG
I was all about low miles, waited patiently for around 2 years and pounced on one last month. I don’t think a high miles LS7 is a bad idea if it checks out by a solid LS7 tuner, I’d just say that price is ridiculous imo, now for 18k yeah sure. I just bought an ‘06 with just under 14k miles for 36k and it has a P1 blower/cam/headers and a few other mods for the blower. Same place had another 06 with 20k miles for 34k. In the last two years I’ve seen a ton of low miles 06-10 ZO6’s in the 33-40k range just stay patient and buy what you want bro!
happy hunting!
Love your avatar. I have a French Bulldog too. They are the best.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:12 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

They just gave up after awhile because of the venomous insults but every once in awhile I applaud the guys who are not slaves to internet rumor nonsense And overblown hysteria...

Engines break for many reasons and I stand by my claim of less than 6 tenths of one percent have this valve guide issue you so venhemently like To insult me with.

By the way I have a severely handicapped mentally challenged 22 year old son so I really find your ignorance is well rounded.

That said as with any 505 hp naturally aspirated motor it does make sense to recondition it after 100k miles or so...for those that want to do it sooner or later that's their business but to assume or rather in your case project a doomsday scenario to all who consider an LS7 I believe you are doing them a disservice.

Freedom of speech and all I'll stop in from time to time to voice an informed discussion and that ll be the way it goes.

I can't tell you how many pm s I get who agree with me but don't want the interweb hysteria and insult backlash to touch their lives so they stay silent publically. You might consider your actions are similiar to internet bullying but I believe it is your passion of your beliefs so I try not to take your insults over time too seriously.

I don't mind if you voice your opinion as well yet I would prefer you consider or rather reconsider your presently preferred meathod of insults..

Slow minded individuals like my beautiful son would appreciate your respect even if you disagree with me.

These are just cars and even slow minded individuals are beautiful people in their own right. I'm sure on that we do agree.

You poor misguided soul...clearly brainwashed by some podcast guy. Whatever you do, don't drink the kool-aid he hands you.

You have no facts...zero, none. Neither does your podcast hero.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:22 PM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
Love your avatar. I have a French Bulldog too. They are the best.
NICE!!! vettes and frenchies.....the world needs more!!! I took little dude for a ride for the first time last weekend and he was kinda scared lol 👿
Old 05-01-2018, 01:01 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

You poor misguided soul...clearly brainwashed by some podcast guy. Whatever you do, don't drink the kool-aid he hands you.

You have no facts...zero, none. Neither does your podcast hero.
Your personal attacks are not really warranted and really that's are why people actually in the business don't bother arguing with you. They laugh at you for spreading fear to those possibly entering the c6 z06 ownership experience,

You Are misguided and misinformed.

You are ruining you own cars resale value which is foolish especially when what your spreading is simply not true.

No skin off my back.

I wish you well.

Good luck

Last edited by JerriVette; 05-01-2018 at 01:04 AM.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:23 AM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Your personal attacks are not really warranted and really that's are why people actually in the business don't bother arguing with you. They laugh at you for spreading fear to those possibly entering the c6 z06 ownership experience,

You Are misguided and misinformed.

You are ruining you own cars resale value which is foolish especially when what your spreading is simply not true.

No skin off my back.

I wish you well.

Good luck
Only one being laughed at is you Jer. A debate is not a personal attack. Grow some thicker skin on that back of yours, and quit crying like a martyr when someone challenges your baseless “facts”. You’ve offered no support of your constantly changing statistical data, you have no proof, evidence, etc....nothing but mindless rhetoric. Move along already...enjoy your Z51.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:46 AM
Josh B.
Melting Slicks

Received 554 Likes on 400 Posts

I'm taking away your return key until you can be more responsible with paragraphs.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:36 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Only one being laughed at is you Jer. A debate is not a personal attack. Grow some thicker skin on that back of yours, and quit crying like a martyr when someone challenges your baseless “facts”. You’ve offered no support of your constantly changing statistical data, you have no proof, evidence, etc....nothing but mindless rhetoric. Move along already...enjoy your Z51.

I'm not a martyr. ....every once in awhile I give a crap and post up in these threads where those without any real knowledge on this topic such as yourself and fear mongers some new person thinking about a c6 z06...

Like I said...I get tons of pm's From forum guy s who don't want to argue with people like you and publically ignore the entire situation on the forums rather than argue with those on a witch hunt such as yourself..

The Corvette guys in the real world who really know are laughing at you...and all your forum friends who misdiagnose through improper test procedures and then mistakenly convince those who know less than you to follow your ideas.

Just google the last threads by HiB Halverson who was an corvette internet journalist or the entire saga and read his posts.

His threads alone would prove he believed what you believed to the end of the world until then GM brought the guy into bowling green and showed him how wrong he was.

Fact by fact.

I'm not doing your work for you.

Go google the drama yourself...

MTPZ06 I'm sure you'll dig up an early post on the drama to prove your interweb point...and leave out the last post by HiB Halverson where he admits he was wrong just as you are wrong on this subject...

That fact always gets lost by scare mangers to new owners..by people like yourself...

Like I said..it doesn't matter to me what you do or type on the interweb and the only reason I ever got involved was because I almost bought a c6 z06 as the resale prices are so low...but I like being able to take the roof off...

But for the new guys thinking of buying a c6 z06 and don't care about taking the roof off...you do them a disservice putting these ideas in their head...

I love watching the threads where the new remanufactured ls7 heads with 20k miles on them are now exhibiting the same incorrect test procedures results you so proudly claim are showing the original design fault.

Your witch hunt to scare people off of a c6 z06 because of that "wiggle test" was always flawed....and now 20 k miles later the reworked heads are doing the same wiggle in your flawed wiggle test...because your wiggle test was always flawed in how the test was done..

Good luck and replacing heads after some miles or for more hP is cool...

Last edited by JerriVette; 05-01-2018 at 07:39 AM.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:14 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm not a martyr. ....every once in awhile I give a crap and post up in these threads where those without any real knowledge on this topic such as yourself and fear mongers some new person thinking about a c6 z06...
I can keep this up all day Jer. But I'm sure you don't actually read anything I write, because you just repeat the same nonsensical gibberish over and over with no data or support of your podcast theories. No you don't "give a crap"...you just like to hear yourself talk. You have no knowledge to speak of. You cant answer any technical questions at all, but I'll give you yet another chance.

You now say..."6 tenths of one percent", meaning roughly 180 cars, have what issue? A guide issue I believe you said. What created this issue? Why is it only affecting ~180 cars? How was it resolved, and by whom...if it was resolved at all? Does it only affect certain years, a vin sequence, what? Truth is, you don't know anything....which is why don't answer anything...you only spew verbal diarrhea from your podcast buddy.

You also say...

"7 times as many cam failures as valve failure..."

"but lets replace the heads because tuners make money selling remanufacturered heads replacement and the labor is much less involved...."

What on earth are you talking about? Where does this data come from...more podcast banter? Yes, there's an issue that occurs with some OE cam lobes...but nowhere near the levels of valve guides that are beyond GM service limits, and its certainly not something "people don't want to talk about".

Like I said...I get tons of pm's From forum guy s who don't want to argue with people like you and publically ignore the entire situation on the forums rather than argue with those on a witch hunt such as yourself..
No you don't. Many members on here already put you on ignore quite a while ago.

The Corvette guys in the real world who really know are laughing at you...and all your forum friends who misdiagnose through improper test procedures and then mistakenly convince those who know less than you to follow your ideas.
What world is that? Fantasy land Jer? You've become the equivalent of a village idiot to the Z06 forum. Does your podcast hero live in this fantasy world? I bet he wouldn't dare come on here...he has zero credibility and would be flamed immediately by actual C6Z owners who know what they're talking about.

I ask again...taking measurements out of the equation, is a valve stem supposed to rattle back and forth in the valve guide? Is a valve guide supposed to have hourglass shaped wear, especially with only 20, 30, or 40K miles on the odometer?

You can't answer those, can you?

Just google the last threads by HiB Halverson who was an corvette internet journalist or the entire saga and read his posts.

His threads alone would prove he believed what you believed to the end of the world until then GM brought the guy into bowling green and showed him how wrong he was.
Good for him.

Fact by fact.

I'm not doing your work for you.

Go google the drama yourself...
Written precisely like a guy who doesn't have a clue as to what he spouts off about.

MTPZ06 I'm sure you'll dig up an early post on the drama to prove your interweb point...and leave out the last post by HiB Halverson where he admits he was wrong just as you are wrong on this subject...
No I wont...because I couldn't care less.

That fact always gets lost by scare mangers to new owners..by people like yourself...
I'm not scaring anyone here...but I'm not blowing smoke up their asses like you.

No one is trying to scare anyone here...its awareness that we try to promote. We tell people to inspect their vehicles. But since you've never done a wiggle test, let alone change an air filter, or your own oil, you're afraid of the unknown. Everyone here is an adult, and free to choose whatever course of action they see fit. If they choose to do nothing...so be it. No one is on here forcing anyone to do anything beyond their own free will.

Like I said..it doesn't matter to me what you do or type on the interweb and the only reason I ever got involved was because I almost bought a c6 z06 as the resale prices are so low...but I like being able to take the roof off...
Yeah, yeah sure...whatever. You're full of it with I almost bought one.

But for the new guys thinking of buying a c6 z06 and don't care about taking the roof off...you do them a disservice putting these ideas in their head...
You've got that backwards Jer...you do them a disservice by not making them properly aware of an issue far more widespread than you care to believe for some idiotic reason. Are you going to buy them a new $15K LS7 if and when theirs fails? Nope...you'll pretend it never happened, and continue to exist in your la-la land bubble of a world.

I love watching the threads where the new remanufactured ls7 heads with 20k miles on them are now exhibiting the same incorrect test procedures results you so proudly claim are showing the original design fault.
Again, why do love watching people have mechanical issues? You know what I HATE to see...some poor guy that wasn't aware of this issue, or worse...takes your "advise", and subsequently loses his motor.

"Incorrect test procedures"...you just cling to that so tightly, yet you haven't a clue as to what you mean. Its laughable to see you discuss on topics you've clearly gotten second hand, and have even more clearly misunderstood them. Everyone, and I mean everyone here understands that a wiggle test is a preliminary test to see if you need to take a closer look at an underlying issue. If the valve stems actually and audibly rattle back and forth in the guide Jer....that's BAD!!! No measurements needed at that point...a proper repair is what's needed.

Your witch hunt to scare people off of a c6 z06 because of that "wiggle test" was always flawed....and now 20 k miles later the reworked heads are doing the same wiggle in your flawed wiggle test...because your wiggle test was always flawed in how the test was done..

There is no witch hunt you fool. I'm surprised you can even hold down a job with those analytical skills of yours. What about the guys who use a bore gauge? Are they flawed as well? On that topic Jer...how does one use a bore gauge? How many measurements of each guide should one take? Where in the guide should those measurements be taken?

Good luck and replacing heads after some miles or for more hP is cool...
I don't need luck, I have intelligence Jer. I have no issues to speak of with my C6Z valvetrain, and I am confident that my valve guides will actually outlive you.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:44 PM
ZishanM
Pro

Received 275 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Craiger77

I saw this car in person last year and its every bit what he said it is. Car looked great especially in Lemans. Appreciate you sharing your experience.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:59 PM
Craiger77
Racer

Originally Posted by ZishanM
I saw this car in person last year and its every bit what he said it is. Car looked great especially in Lemans. Appreciate you sharing your experience.
Thank you!

Get notified of new replies

To Price Check: 2009 Z06 with 110k miles

Old 05-03-2018, 12:39 AM
GettnBetter
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Any 427 Vette will be priceless

.... Is this a 427?
Old 08-01-2018, 10:49 AM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 256 Posts

............well this is getting out of hand.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:42 AM
MikeOC
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

I think you mean was getting out of hand.. 3 months ago.. and was dead before you bumped it

Quick Reply: [Z06] Price Check: 2009 Z06 with 110k miles