Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Brake fluid flush with pics.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 11:32 AM
C6Z06Silverbullet
Melting Slicks

Received 361 Likes on 263 Posts
Default Brake fluid flush with pics.

Well weather sucks here on the east coast! So I decided to flush my Brake fluid and my clutch fluid. Start with the brake fluid. I did a power flush. Borrowed the set up from a buddy of mine. I'm glad I did was very easy to do. First I removed all the fluid in my master cylinder then I filled it with new Dot 3 synthetic fluid. Put the rest of the fluid in the pressurized container and pumped it up to 10 PSI. Started at the right rear caliper and made my way around the car. Check the pics for fluid results. Mind you it's an 06 Z with only 7000 miles on it.

Brake fluid flush.

Then I moved on the the clutch fluid. For this I did the ranger method. Now I have done this once before on the car when I bought it with 4200 miles on her. See pics about 3000 miles on this fluid.

Clutch fluid.

Sorry if my right up isn't the best but I just wanted to share with you guys. If your bored and can't drive you Vette I suggest doing some fluids flushes I'm glad I did.

Last edited by C6Z06Silverbullet; 05-20-2018 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:59 PM
SPDKLZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 270 Likes on 187 Posts

That's some dark stuff! I just bled my brakes a month ago for the first time with the Motive unit and it was a honey color. 2013 with 10k miles. Ranger clutch fluid method a few times during the summer and it stays nice and clean.

Make sure to close the bleed screws on the calipers somewhat tight. After reading a write-up on it that warned about not over-tightening/stripping them I didn't tighten them fully and a couple leaked some fluid. Luckily only very minor paint removal on one caliper near the valve.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:08 PM
C6Z06Silverbullet
Melting Slicks

Received 361 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by SPDKLZ1
That's some dark stuff! I just bled my brakes a month ago for the first time with the Motive unit and it was a honey color. 2013 with 10k miles. Ranger clutch fluid method a few times during the summer and it stays nice and clean.

Make sure to close the bleed screws on the calipers somewhat tight. After reading a write-up on it that warned about not over-tightening/stripping them I didn't tighten them fully and a couple leaked some fluid. Luckily only very minor paint removal on one caliper near the valve.
I'm betting that the fluid color is because it's an 06 and that was the original brake fluid. (12 year old fluid) No moisture thank God. I did tighten them up but good looking out. I also used a Motive unit.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:24 PM
SPDKLZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 270 Likes on 187 Posts

No problem

Get notified of new replies

To Brake fluid flush with pics.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Brake fluid flush with pics.