Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Z06 journey to a 9 sec Pass

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 02:40 PM
robz
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by jayyyw
I understand. Most people don't want to be the guinea pig. Most of the people here aren't trying to break a record of even run a time. They just use what works. I also understand that mindset. It costs a lot of money to stray away from what works.

What would you say if you didn't know Seb? What would be your reaction to that claim?

Props to him if he has found the recipe. I know it wasn't easy.
"Haters" is actually a fair description.
Most will never realize all the crap he likely went through for being a trail blazer and on top of fast lists.
I don't know Seb personally and give him the benefit of the doubt based on the person I see on the boards over the past many years as well as by the comments of the people who know him. You can learn a lot about the quality of the individual often from how the interact on forums and it's not hard to do your due diligence if you choose.
It's easy to let your mind doubt things you feel you can't do.
I choose to believe him whole heartedly because I trust his character and I strongly believe most anything can be accomplished with the right mindset and determination.

They're all just silly lists anyway, right?
The following 2 users liked this post by robz:
rpmextra (05-16-2018), Sébast19X (05-14-2018)
Old 05-14-2018, 02:42 PM
robz
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by rpmextra
I have always had an open mind and believe that if you put the time in, you get results. I can't see what advantages he'd have cheating. He's not trying to sell cams..... Not trying to sell tunes, not winning any money, he simply is competitive. I'd love to see someone figure out how to truly push Sébastien, because then we'd be in for a hell of a show.....
That's how I see it too.
The following users liked this post:
rpmextra (05-16-2018)
Old 05-14-2018, 02:47 PM
robz
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by rpmextra
There is disbelief, then there's straight up name calling and people attacking on a personal level. Claiming to hear when nitrous kicks and all that jazz. It's kinda funny knowing that it doesn't have a bottle, and hearing people say you hear it kick in hahahaha. Anyways, like we have established. Seb was the 1st to crack 140plus back in 2012, that's 6 yrs of constant reaserch and development trying to continue to push ahead. He decided to help out 4 guys and we are all Trapping passed 142+
​​​​​​
No one will know all the crap he's been through simply for determination and achievement. It's tough to not have a jaded attitude.
What shocks me is that more don't learn from him and instead waste time and energy trying to figure what how he might have cheated. I don't doubt for a second he would help out anyone who is genuine and has similar interest.
The following 3 users liked this post by robz:
RobGOV-DCZ (05-15-2018), rpmextra (05-16-2018), Sébast19X (05-14-2018)
Old 05-15-2018, 11:08 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Keep it up brotha, you and Sebastian got that thing cooking!

Congrats on your achievement. Some people simply just don't realize how hard is to accomplish what you guys are doing. Great work fellas.

All being equal, better DA will net you slightly better ET's. You have all summer to play with your combo and them kill it come this fall.

Again, congrats!

Thanks,
Carlos
The following 3 users liked this post by Myhardtop:
RobGOV-DCZ (05-15-2018), rpmextra (05-16-2018), Sébast19X (05-15-2018)
Old 05-15-2018, 12:08 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 261 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by robz
No one will know all the crap he's been through simply for determination and achievement. It's tough to not have a jaded attitude.
What shocks me is that more don't learn from him and instead waste time and energy trying to figure what how he might have cheated. I don't doubt for a second he would help out anyone who is genuine and has similar interest.
Couldn't agree with you more Rob, and if anyone other than Seb knows what it's like to accomplish what was considered impossible, then be called out on those accomplishments, it's you. Rather than stall, Seb tried to learn from guys like yourself and Gary. Rather than disbelieve, he was intrigued more by how.... Even without current competition, Seb is continuing to look for ways to even further improve. This yr should be exciting.
The following 2 users liked this post by rpmextra:
RobGOV-DCZ (05-15-2018), Sébast19X (05-15-2018)
Old 05-15-2018, 12:26 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Myhardtop

Congrats on your achievement. Some people simply just don't realize how hard is to accomplish what you guys are doing. Great work fellas.

All being equal, better DA will net you slightly better ET's. You have all summer to play with your combo and them kill it come this fall.

Again, congrats!

Thanks,
Carlos
Thank you very much. She sure is cooking definitely more in it. I don't want summer to end too fast but I'm very excited for the fall.

I'm glad you understand. Many assume they can just jump In a car and run with the best of them. There's so much work involved to extract a cars potential. Including myself, most set-ups are not being driven to their full potential. Aside from driving, much more was put into the setup. Absolutely everything comes together, and was built to work as a package. Not just some off the shelf package. Spintron valvetrain stability tested, bench flowing, trial and error, simulation, dyno proving, track testing, you name it, it's been calculated and optimized
The following users liked this post:
Sébast19X (05-15-2018)
Old 05-16-2018, 06:51 AM
GARY2004Z06
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 335 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Myhardtop

Again, congrats!

Thanks,
Carlos
Hey Rookie,
Glad to see you are around.
Hope all is well.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:15 AM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Figured I would update the thread here as I am offically done for the 2018 season. We're busy installing winter tires up here and tracks are now closed.

Lots of new bests this yr. Easily my best yr since 2015. Constant growth, New bests in all categories and the car stayed together and ran hard.

New best ET 9.86
New best 60ft 1.333
New best trap 143.01

heres some of my vids

Thanks again for all the support. Its been great to share this with you guys. There is more to come, and I still have a long way to go. hungrier than ever to push even harder. watch out 2019

James
Old 11-08-2018, 07:48 AM
07427z
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats again James!
Old 11-08-2018, 08:14 AM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 07427z
Congrats again James!
Thank you
Old 11-08-2018, 09:39 AM
drivejumpfly
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Very impressive. How streetable is this setup for daily driving/frequent driving? Do you have a rough estimate of the amount of money it would take to setup another car like this?
Old 11-08-2018, 01:20 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by drivejumpfly
Very impressive. How streetable is this setup for daily driving/frequent driving? Do you have a rough estimate of the amount of money it would take to setup another car like this?
Its very driver friendly. The cam in it, along with the tune makes it very streetable. Doesn't hunt or surge and I've been in traffic with it and its fine. Other than the fact that on Michline PS2 the car is useless 1st 2nd and 3rd at wot lol.
I did so many things over again and went through numerous builds to get where I am currently. I would really have to sit down and calculate everything and I don't know if I wanna know how much to be honest.
I guess if you chose the right parts it would be comparable to most Heads cam intake packages along with things like a clutch, drag pack and headers with exhaust. There's some R&D that went in that also adds to the cost as certain things like the cam for example are not off the shelf.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:17 PM
MickVette
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 138 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Amazing job! Congratulations! I like reading the progression to your current ET and MPH.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:03 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Awesome strides and accomplishments! Thanks for the updates.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:40 PM
GARY2004Z06
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 335 Likes on 247 Posts

Again James, awesome job.
Congrats.
Looks like you and Seb are enjoying success and the comradery that comes with it.
Relinked this thread to the Fast List.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:18 AM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MickVette
Amazing job! Congratulations! I like reading the progression to your current ET and MPH.
Thank you. It's been fun to share.

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
Awesome strides and accomplishments! Thanks for the updates.
👍

Originally Posted by GARY2004Z06
Again James, awesome job.
Congrats.
Looks like you and Seb are enjoying success and the comradery that comes with it.
Relinked this thread to the Fast List.
Thanks Gary. Goals set every year. No trophies to win but fun nevertheless. Next year we continue to push.

Last edited by rpmextra; 11-10-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:20 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 896 Likes on 685 Posts

Great driving. Wish I could 60ft like that.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:29 PM
rpmextra
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jayyyw
Great driving. Wish I could 60ft like that.
Thanks.
60footing is the easy part for me. I just can't 1-2 like I 3-4 cause if I did we'd be seeing some better times. Granny shifting, not double clutching like I should haha

Quick Reply: Z06 journey to a 9 sec Pass