Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] C6Z Cooling Mods - Brakes and Engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 03:24 PM
Premiumspeed
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Default C6Z Cooling Mods - Brakes and Engine

I've been tracking my 2011 C6Z for about two years now and i'm finally at the point where i'm pushing the car hard enough to get the oil temp a bit too high (270-280) and the brakes are getting incredibly hot.

I was at COTA in Austin last weekend with ~80d weather and my oil temp crept up to 280 a few times. The brakes have been working fine due to having Stoptech race pads on them, but during a quick pit stop (no cool down lap) due the entire group getting black flagged, my brakes were steaming like crazy. I've experienced a little bit of brake fade on the back stretch while braking from ~160mph down into the hairpin, the pads and Motul RBF seem to be doing a decent job.

My car only has headers, x-pipe, Haltech 103 and a safe tune. I'm running MPSS tires and will be moving up to Hoosiers during my next event. My best times are in the low 2:30's so i'm pushing the car pretty hard, i'm not really interested in backing off or up shifting to keep it cool.

I'm thinking a secondary oil cooler and custom brake ducts? The car will be tracked 4-5 times a year and i hardly drive it on the street anymore.

Curious as to what the best bang for the buck is to cool this beast down.

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: [Z06] C6Z Cooling Mods - Brakes and Engine