Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Cartek heads, cam and bolt ons dyno numbers on 2009 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 11:45 PM
nuke61
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

Stock injectors don't support that HP number, even at 100% duty cycle.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:49 PM
tekhombre
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nuke61
Stock injectors don't support that HP number, even at 100% duty cycle.
Correct, injectors were resized, no boost a pump though.
The following users liked this post:
nuke61 (05-27-2018)
Old 05-27-2018, 12:00 AM
Scott Craig
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I’m not mistaking one of Cartek customers cars that made like 10 hp less went 139-141
Old 05-27-2018, 12:08 AM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

I was waiting for someone to mention that.....my build is very mild its a 430 forged but with 13/4 headers still with MSD Stock ported Tb.....I have my 17/8 and my EWP now, now realistically I made 572 520 sae, With the new exhaust and EWP peak maybe 610hp in Texas its hot so I will say 585 595......@640 your at least 98% 105% duty cycle on injectors and your risking it detonating.....Im also at 11.2.11.4 CR so im sorry not trying to bash or anything but I have the best head and engine builder in the country and even they told me the only way an ls7 is doing that is full roller e85 or race gas and a very very good valvetrain.......only one guy on here has done that and he has the ls7 in his Monte Carlo and he has spent a pretty on heads alone.....im sorry but there's no way �� But for some miracle it is I will personally let you build me a motor from scratch......

Last edited by RamAir972003; 05-27-2018 at 12:29 AM.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:12 AM
tekhombre
Drifting

Originally Posted by RamAir972003
If that car traps 142 145 I will ship you all my cars and fire my engine builder and Darin Morgan...will not touch my heads again.....
This is one that we did a few years back, it had OEM LS7 heads that we ported and converted to solid roller, on the two videos it trapped 141 mph and made 640 RWHP on the same dyno, eventually it trapped 142 though no video on that. A solid roller on OEM heads was a nightmare and will not recommend it and also maintenance is a problem as a daily driver because of having to check lash on a regular basis, with todays valve trains it's not needed given the runner length of the intake runner on a FAST or OEM intake.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...500-miles.html

See post#9

Last edited by tekhombre; 05-27-2018 at 01:14 AM.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:16 AM
tekhombre
Drifting

I was waiting for someone to mention that.....my build is very mild its a 430 forged but with 13/4 headers still with MSD Stock ported Tb.....I have my 17/8 and my EWP now, now realistically I made 572 520 sae, With the new exhaust and EWP peak maybe 610hp in Texas its hot so I will say 585 595......@640 your at least 98% duty cycle on injectors and your risking it detonating.....
I see the C6 Z06 go to 100% DC around 605 RW.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:43 AM
CASEWORER
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by tekhombre
I see the C6 Z06 go to 100% DC around 605 RW.
Just out of Curiosity how much have these heads been milled?
Old 05-27-2018, 01:08 AM
tekhombre
Drifting

Originally Posted by CASEWORER
Just out of Curiosity how much have these heads been milled?
0.030" Stock gaskets, we port the chamber also so it's just a bit larger and we end up with 11.2 maybe 11.3 to 1.

Last edited by tekhombre; 05-27-2018 at 01:22 AM.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:28 AM
tekhombre
Drifting

I was waiting for someone to mention that.....my build is very mild its a 430 forged but with 13/4 headers still with MSD Stock ported Tb.....I have my 17/8 and my EWP now, now realistically I made 572 520 sae, With the new exhaust and EWP peak maybe 610hp in Texas its hot so I will say 585 595......@640 your at least 98% 105% duty cycle on injectors and your risking it detonating.....Im also at 11.2.11.4 CR so im sorry not trying to bash or anything but I have the best head and engine builder in the country and even they told me the only way an ls7 is doing that is full roller e85 or race gas and a very very good valvetrain.......only one guy on here has done that and he has the ls7 in his Monte Carlo and he has spent a pretty on heads alone.....im sorry but there's no way �� But for some miracle it is I will personally let you build me a motor from scratch......

11.2 to 1 on pump gas is child's play, I have tuned some as high as 11.8 to 1 on 93 pump, no detonation or issues. The LS heads are very efficient and that is why it can be done along with the right tune. Just look at the stock bottom end LS engines with stock compression of 11 to 1 running a blower, what do you think the dynamic compression of a stock LS7 running 6 or 7 psi of boost is? and they are tuned on 93 pump, add a cam and they can run 8 to 10 psi still on 93 pump gas.

Last edited by tekhombre; 05-27-2018 at 01:30 AM.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:58 AM
Worked c6z06
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cartek is not just talk it’s ALL real deal and put to the test!!

JULIO is an MASTER tuner on the Dyno and ROY is a master tech who can make your wildest dreams possible. I have a 2008 corvette c6 z06 and did the heads and cams package to what I call the “extreme” with custom cams specifically made for my car and how I drive, bone stock bottom end and all head work monster custom cams, intake , headers, stock throttle body, resized oem injectors, fast 102 intake manifold, corsa FULL exhaust system , 160 degree thermostat and some serious *** fine tuning and my baby put down 635 RWHP to prove it, besides that just msd wires and a hurst short throw shifter set up and I will put ANYONES car to the test to prove it!!! Running with Mickey Thompson et street slick radials and she’s a monster all motor !!! And that’s not even figuring in my numbers for the nitrous 🤫🤫🤫🤫....don’t let anyone fool you people out there JULIO and cartek are the real deal and EVERYTHING is done IN shop, they build REAL race cars and live up to their name and numbers....just a simple fun fact they also BUIlT the FASTEST all motor heads and cam Camero that was running low 10s by “dragon” in the US for the time being the proof is in the pudding guys do your homework and don’t knock what you don’t know...I will personally put my c6z06 ALL motor against anyone who wants to play without the juice to prove the facts...also key fact the driver of the car makes a hell of a difference as well you can’t just put everything on the tech and tuner lol if your a shitty driver having a fast car means nothing....it’s the whole recipe together which makes the beast...the tech the tuner and the driver it’s a team effort people....ONLY Cartek touches my z06 and I currently reside in FL and to this very day I will gladly and pridefully tow my baby back to Jersey if needed be to let JULIO and cartek do what they need to do....first shop that’s not out to rape your wallet and ACTUALLY cares to make their customers happy and FAMILY....cartek has been doing this for YEARS and YEARS it’s not about the $$$$ to them they’re pride and reputation is everything and the numbers and track results speak for them, I’ve been a proud and happy customer and friend and family to Julio , Roy , and cartek period, hands down they will put anyone to shame and make you numbers you wouldn’t believe possible.....I’ve raced Guys from “ECS” as well as “corvette drs” boosted and supercharged vettes and have hurt many feelings just running ALLL motor LS7 not even using the giggle juice....so east coat vette owners who don’t know any better...do your homework before you criticize a shop, Julio and Roy and Cartek inc period will prove their talk and ALL their cars show that it isn’t just hype it’s the real deal....you get what you pay for people...”pay to play” this ain’t no kids games no civics or evos BS this a raw real deal American HP....if your feeling ballsy enough race me, and I’ll prove the numbers are real for you all!!! Much love to Julio, Roy , and cartek for building sick *** real race cars as well as being street capable driven cars and daily drivers, don’t be sour people because your techs and tuners aren’t as great !!!!
Old 05-27-2018, 04:07 AM
Worked c6z06
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cartek is not just talk it’s ALL real deal and put to the test!!

JULIO is an MASTER tuner on the Dyno and ROY is a master tech who can make your wildest dreams possible. I have a 2008 corvette c6 z06 and did the heads and cams package to what I call the “extreme” with custom cams specifically made for my car and how I drive, bone stock bottom end and all head work monster custom cams, intake , headers, stock throttle body, resized oem injectors, fast 102 intake manifold, corsa FULL exhaust system , 160 degree thermostat and some serious *** fine tuning and my baby put down 635 RWHP to prove it, besides that just msd wires and a hurst short throw shifter set up and I will put ANYONES car to the test to prove it!!! Running with Mickey Thompson et street slick radials and she’s a monster all motor !!! And that’s not even figuring in my numbers for the nitrous 🤫🤫🤫🤫....don’t let anyone fool you people out there JULIO and cartek are the real deal and EVERYTHING is done IN shop, they build REAL race cars and live up to their name and numbers....just a simple fun fact they also BUIlT the FASTEST all motor heads and cam Camero that was running low 10s by “dragon” in the US for the time being the proof is in the pudding guys do your homework and don’t knock what you don’t know...I will personally put my c6z06 ALL motor against anyone who wants to play without the juice to prove the facts...also key fact the driver of the car makes a hell of a difference as well you can’t just put everything on the tech and tuner lol if your a shitty driver having a fast car means nothing....it’s the whole recipe together which makes the beast...the tech the tuner and the driver it’s a team effort people....ONLY Cartek touches my z06 and I currently reside in FL and to this very day I will gladly and pridefully tow my baby back to Jersey if needed be to let JULIO and cartek do what they need to do....first shop that’s not out to rape your wallet and ACTUALLY cares to make their customers happy and FAMILY....cartek has been doing this for YEARS and YEARS it’s not about the $$$$ to them they’re pride and reputation is everything and the numbers and track results speak for them, I’ve been a proud and happy customer and friend and family to Julio , Roy , and cartek period, hands down they will put anyone to shame and make you numbers you wouldn’t believe possible.....I’ve raced Guys from “ECS” as well as “corvette drs” boosted and supercharged vettes and have hurt many feelings just running ALLL motor LS7 not even using the giggle juice....so east coat vette owners who don’t know any better...do your homework before you criticize a shop, Julio and Roy and Cartek inc period will prove their talk and ALL their cars show that it isn’t just hype it’s the real deal....you get what you pay for people...”pay to play” this ain’t no kids games no civics or evos BS this a raw real deal American HP....if your feeling ballsy enough race me, and I’ll prove the numbers are real for you all!!! Much love to Julio, Roy , and cartek for building sick *** real race cars as well as being street capable driven cars and daily drivers, don’t be sour people because your techs and tuners aren’t as great !!!!
Old 05-27-2018, 04:33 AM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

So your car traps what in the quarter mile , you have videos and slips.....proof proof.

What's your build consist of sounds you can beat anything even boosted cars ......if your running bottle I hope your running 250 300 shot to even keep up with boosted vettes. And have a forged motor.

630/ 150 shot 780 790 maybe ....should be trapping 150 plus....correct

630/250 935 say wet shot/ dry 880 900...

I'll challenge you from a dead stop quarter mile.....and ill run you on my pilot sport cups 20 inch.....im cutting 1.6 1.7 with these tires only run 1/8 mile so far 6.8 that's good for a 10.1 10.3.....10.5 with a 1.8 sixty foot.

Headers and water pump going on soon ....so I should see another 30hp gain at least ....on 93 pump gas. Maybe 600 plus....

Last edited by RamAir972003; 05-27-2018 at 05:03 AM.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:59 AM
tekhombre
Drifting

Thanks for the props Worked c6z06

Here is a link to a 427 with 243 heads that we did about 14 years ago making 600 rwhp.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...tek-427-a.html

And the first C5 in the 9s also about 14 years ago.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...second-c5.html

Just for some back ground on Cartek and our crew.

Last edited by tekhombre; 05-27-2018 at 06:05 AM.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:13 AM
tekhombre
Drifting

So your car traps what in the quarter mile , you have videos and slips.....proof proof.

What's your build consist of sounds you can beat anything even boosted cars ......if your running bottle I hope your running 250 300 shot to even keep up with boosted vettes. And have a forged motor.

630/ 150 shot 780 790 maybe ....should be trapping 150 plus....correct

630/250 935 say wet shot/ dry 880 900...

I'll challenge you from a dead stop quarter mile.....and ill run you on my pilot sport cups 20 inch.....im cutting 1.6 1.7 with these tires only run 1/8 mile so far 6.8 that's good for a 10.1 10.3.....10.5 with a 1.8 sixty foot.

Headers and water pump going on soon ....so I should see another 30hp gain at least ....on 93 pump gas. Maybe 600 plus....
RamAir972003, he doesn't have nitrous yet, he wants it so he can take a stab at low 9s in the near future.

Last edited by tekhombre; 05-27-2018 at 06:15 AM.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:29 AM
double06
Melting Slicks

Received 374 Likes on 299 Posts

How much timing (at high rpms) are you able to squeek out on pump gas with this combo here?
Old 05-27-2018, 08:41 AM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 897 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Worked c6z06
Must be a wonder tech if he can install more than one cam in your engine.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:43 AM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

I run 12:1 compression and was able to maximize my timing on pump 93 octane. E85 only allowed for an extra 3 degrees up top. It's not that outrageous.

Didn't the white Z06 cartek car get beat by a Z06 that was only making like 590whp, while he was making 630-640whp?

Get notified of new replies

To Cartek heads, cam and bolt ons dyno numbers on 2009 Z06

Old 05-27-2018, 01:15 PM
Eric Fischer
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

This thread is a flashback to the mid 2000's when there was strong tuner wars!
Old 05-27-2018, 02:35 PM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

This thread is useless I have 2k that car does not make that kind of power period.....stock injectors? You must have no knock or at least 27 degrees timing in it at wot....mine is a low 23 24*
Old 05-27-2018, 02:44 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

He said the injectors are not stock.

Quick Reply: Cartek heads, cam and bolt ons dyno numbers on 2009 Z06