Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Z06 question about front wheel splash guards

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 11:42 AM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

Default Z06 question about front wheel splash guards

Hi guys, I'm looking to retrofit both the front facing (front of wheel) and front behind wheel splash guards to my wide body C5. Can someone tell me if the these pieces are part of the fender liner or separate pieces as I am getting conflicting information.

Thanks
Old 06-19-2018, 11:23 AM
dmuellenberg
Melting Slicks

Received 178 Likes on 120 Posts

You might get a better response if you post this in the C5 forum. Unless you are talking about using C6 parts on a C5. The splash guard in front of the wheel is part of the the fender liner on the C6. There really aren't any splash guards behind the front wheel, at least not stock.

Last edited by dmuellenberg; 06-19-2018 at 11:29 AM.
The following users liked this post:
STALION (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 12:08 PM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by dmuellenberg
You might get a better response if you post this in the C5 forum. Unless you are talking about using C6 parts on a C5. The splash guard in front of the wheel is part of the the fender liner on the C6. There really aren't any splash guards behind the front wheel, at least not stock.
Thanks for your input. You helped answer one of my questions, that the front facing splash guard is attached to the fender liner. My plan is to modify this piece for a C5.

From some pics I've seen, there is a small splash guard behind the front wheel as well. Can you confirm if this is also part of the fender liner, as I can't seem to find any part numbers associated with it.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:22 PM
Sleazy Rider
Le Mans Master

Received 489 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by STALION
From some pics I've seen, there is a small splash guard behind the front wheel as well. Can you confirm if this is also part of the fender liner, as I can't seem to find any part numbers associated with it.
those splash guards on the rear of the front wheel wells are after market, made by apsis, and they do work.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:49 PM
dmuellenberg
Melting Slicks

Received 178 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by STALION
Thanks for your input. You helped answer one of my questions, that the front facing splash guard is attached to the fender liner. My plan is to modify this piece for a C5.

As I said, there really isn't a stock splash guard behind the front wheel. What I consider a splash guard is something that sticks out from the fender, and there is nothing that sticks out from the fender behind the wheel on a stock Z06. There is just the fender liner and it is flush with the fender. If you have seen pictures of any splash guards behind the wheel, then those would be aftermarket. There is a splash guard at the back on the rear wheels, but that is also part of the fender liner and not a separate part.

Last edited by dmuellenberg; 06-19-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 question about front wheel splash guards

Quick Reply: Z06 question about front wheel splash guards