Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Windshield Tint Suntek CIR Ceramic

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 03:04 AM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts
Default Windshield Tint Suntek CIR Ceramic

I am looking into tinting my windshield, would 60% be too dark for the windshield? I really want an unsuspicous tint on the windshield because it may be illegal in my state. Even if it is, I see newer cars and other cars with tinted windshields.

Anyone here has their cars with Ceramic Tint? I am planning on 30% on the side windows and 60% on the windshield.

PS. hopefull I can see 600 SAE with this mod.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:45 AM
SIK02SS
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

While ceramic helps a lot, it truly only works best if all windows have a ceramic film on them. If you already have ceramic on sides and rear hatch, the. Get he lightest tint possible. Iirc I’ve had friends who e had both 60 and 45, 60 you couldn’t tell and 45 you could barely tell.

The tint shop im sure will have a car they can show you what it will look like on or at least quality pictures you can see
Old 06-24-2018, 01:30 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
While ceramic helps a lot, it truly only works best if all windows have a ceramic film on them. If you already have ceramic on sides and rear hatch, the. Get he lightest tint possible. Iirc I’ve had friends who e had both 60 and 45, 60 you couldn’t tell and 45 you could barely tell.

The tint shop im sure will have a car they can show you what it will look like on or at least quality pictures you can see
The guy is charging only $360 for 30% side windows/back glass and 60% windshield. If it is barely noticeable I will go with it. Heck the car already has a tinted looking windshield lol. I will see what pictures he has.
Old 06-24-2018, 01:32 PM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

We tinted the windshield on one of our cars just a couple years ago. Wanted to get the extra heat rejection since we were in Texas and this car was a DD. Took the car on road trips to places with over-cast skies, stormy weather, and did night driving. Maybe it is my old eyes, 47, or I am just sensitive to it, but I would never do it again. Just wasn't bright enough. Windshield cracked due to a rock just a few months back. Replaced it and never re-tinted.

EDIT:
PS: It was the least amount of tint and a Llumar ceramic film. Tint was noticeable, but pretty light.

Last edited by WhiteDiamond; 06-24-2018 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:19 PM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 582 Posts

Ceramic is the way to go, I have 5% on my windows and hatch, they make a clear ceramic film that goes on the front windshield and drastically reduces temps without affecting visibility. They should have a few heat lamps to show the difference in heat blocking with and without the clear ceramic film. None of this is cheap though. I feel like out the door it was close to $500 for everything.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:14 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Originally Posted by WhiteDiamond
We tinted the windshield on one of our cars just a couple years ago. Wanted to get the extra heat rejection since we were in Texas and this car was a DD. Took the car on road trips to places with over-cast skies, stormy weather, and did night driving. Maybe it is my old eyes, 47, or I am just sensitive to it, but I would never do it again. Just wasn't bright enough. Windshield cracked due to a rock just a few months back. Replaced it and never re-tinted.

EDIT:
PS: It was the least amount of tint and a Llumar ceramic film. Tint was noticeable, but pretty light.
I will check out some pictures to see if it is too dark. I do want to see at night.

Originally Posted by 73DBG
Ceramic is the way to go, I have 5% on my windows and hatch, they make a clear ceramic film that goes on the front windshield and drastically reduces temps without affecting visibility. They should have a few heat lamps to show the difference in heat blocking with and without the clear ceramic film. None of this is cheap though. I feel like out the door it was close to $500 for everything.
If he has a clear on I would be down for that. Now that I look, I see a ton of their cars with windshields darker than mine. I will see how the 60% and clear look before deciding.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:27 PM
SweetZO6
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I have a clear UV shield on the inside of my ZR1 and my ‘08 Dodge Super Bee windshield. MD law requires no tint on the windshield except for the factory upper band that is common on most cars. My goal was to prevent UV damage to my dash and, most important, to significantly reduce glass injuries if the windshield is broken. Having been an EMS/EMT and seeing first hand injuries accident victims suffer from internal glass shards, convinced me to do it.

Ed
Old 06-24-2018, 08:44 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Originally Posted by SweetZO6
I have a clear UV shield on the inside of my ZR1 and my ‘08 Dodge Super Bee windshield. MD law requires no tint on the windshield except for the factory upper band that is common on most cars. My goal was to prevent UV damage to my dash and, most important, to significantly reduce glass injuries if the windshield is broken. Having been an EMS/EMT and seeing first hand injuries accident victims suffer from internal glass shards, convinced me to do it.

Ed
Ah ok, I may end up going that route. I do not want to be illegal really.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:17 PM
64drvr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,867 Likes on 886 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Take a look at Llumar Airblue 80.
Old 06-26-2018, 12:00 PM
cseaman
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

I have 50% on the windshield of my silver C6Z and 20% on the sides. Love it, wouldn't change it.
Old 12-15-2018, 04:17 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by 73DBG
Love your avatar. I have a blue Frenchie. They are the best.
Old 12-15-2018, 03:02 PM
ANazir
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I went 50% on the windshield, visibility is not limited at all and no one knows its tinted unless I tell them.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:11 PM
VelocityC6z
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

Old 12-20-2018, 12:12 AM
Bluewheelz
Racer

Received 193 Likes on 117 Posts

The darkness has nothing to do with the UV protection or heat rejection of the film. I have 50% ceramic on the windshield of all of my cars and you can't even tell it's tinted from the inside and barely from the outside. $360 is barely covering the film cost of true ceramic film, so I would double check that you're getting real ceramic film. Also, the amount of shrinking that has to be done on the back window to do it in 1 piece will distort the film a little with ceramic. Doesn't bother me much as it's not very visible unless you're in the hatch area looking closely.

Get notified of new replies

To Windshield Tint Suntek CIR Ceramic

Quick Reply: Windshield Tint Suntek CIR Ceramic