Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken
View Poll Results: Which ones?
Morimoto Headlights
62.50%
CF Inserts
35.00%
Something else
2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

New Morimoto Headlights or CF Bezels?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 11:09 PM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Received 488 Likes on 366 Posts
Default New Morimoto Headlights or CF Bezels?

Hey guys,

I have reached out to a few of you for your onion and I truly appreciate it. I am just looking for some additional opinions so I thought I would reach out.

I can't decide if I should go with the new Morimoto headlights or get some carbon fiber inserts for the headlights and replace them with those. I have decided on CF for the finish for the inserts because of the other CF parts I have (front splitter, side skirts, exhaust tips, etc.). I have plans for more CF in the future so it makes the most sense.

Here are the Morimoto headlights if you haven't seen them:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...za-photos.html
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1597512952

Here are some pics I found of a JSB Z06 with CF bezels:

Truly appreciate any input from you guys. This decision is driving me nuts!

Last edited by Frankie15; 07-03-2018 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:22 PM
03BlkZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 308 Likes on 186 Posts

In my opinion I would go with the CF bezels so you dont look like a C7 poser. The morimoto are a nice unit I'm sure, but not my style for the C6 body. Again this is only my opinion.

Last edited by 03BlkZ; 07-03-2018 at 11:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Frankie15 (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 11:25 PM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 03BlkZ
In my opinion I would go with the CF bezels so you dont look like a C7 poser. The morimoto are a nice unit I'm sure, but not my style for the C6 body. Again this is only my opinion.
Thank you sir! This is exactly why I am posting this. All opinions are much appreciated.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:41 PM
LV Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Call me old fashion, but I like them as they come from the factory. Brighter lights are great, but the original design is what I like.
Frankie15 (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 11:51 PM
Jayfabs
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 138 Posts

The carbon looks 👍
Frankie15 (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 11:52 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Voted CF
Frankie15 (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 11:55 PM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Jayfabs
The carbon looks 👍
Thanks Jay! Yours look sweet as well, but I was really interested in the CF inserts once realizing that real CF inserts could be purchased.

JSB with darker headlights just looks killer.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:11 AM
dkz
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Damn the Morimoto has way better light output and the cutoff looks amazing compared to stock. I installed some OSRAM CBI bulbs and it helped a bit but still not enough.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:16 AM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dkz
Damn the Morimoto has way better light output and the cutoff looks amazing compared to stock. I installed some OSRAM CBI bulbs and it helped a bit but still not enough.
Performance wise, I think it's no question that the Morimotos are superior. I do agree that the cutoff looks phenomenal.

Which do you prefer in terms of aesthetics?

Last edited by Frankie15; 07-04-2018 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:56 AM
MikeOC
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Love the new conversion headlights, first I’ve seen them, and now I’m considering them!
Old 07-04-2018, 01:06 AM
131 Zack 131
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I vote for CF. Where would you purchase some?
Old 07-04-2018, 01:41 AM
pdc001
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts

You have to ask yourself, what are you looking to accomplish by asking this question. Are you looking for something aesthetically different only? Want some of the newer technology you see in other vehicles?

I decided to buy the new headlights simply for the better light output (really hoping that's the case in the real world since we're all waiting for them to be shipped as I'm typing this post). I know retrofitting new projectors, new lens & gaskets would of costed just as much or if not more after labor. I love the sequential function. Saw them on the latest gen Audi's taillights and it's sexy. I would of been just as happy if someone sold retrofits with better output projectors I would of been all for it too.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:45 AM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 582 Posts

I’m actually cool with the factory lights personally, I picked the morimoto in your poll just because I think with those two options there’s no reason to pick “something else” I also think the “level” of complete one consider their vette has a lot to do with it. I’m not gonna say budget and money or what’s cheaper plays a huge roll because we all have C6 vettes or some sort and are well aware what that means....💸💸💸lol. I know carbon fiber headlights are pretty far down my list of what I’d put $3200 towards, at $1300 the morimotos are also pretty far down my list as well. I think you’d be pleased with either though. You got a C6 cause you wanted it, and I say take the results and comments into consideration but ultimately do you man.🇺🇸
Old 07-04-2018, 03:33 AM
dkz
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie15
Performance wise, I think it's no question that the Morimotos are superior. I do agree that the cutoff looks phenomenal.

Which do you prefer in terms of aesthetics?
I don't know i think they overdid the amber LED turn signals but it's not terrible looking. I'm sure you'll get a lot of double takes if you get the morimotos. the thing with the CF bezels or just blacking out the c6 headlights in general is they look weird in certain light conditions. if there is a slight overcast the design of the c6 lens make it look faded and old. there's just not enough chrome accent around the projectors so it looks weird.
Old 07-04-2018, 06:36 AM
StealthFRC
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by 73DBG
I’m actually cool with the factory lights personally, I picked the morimoto in your poll just because I think with those two options there’s no reason to pick “something else” I also think the “level” of complete one consider their vette has a lot to do with it. I’m not gonna say budget and money or what’s cheaper plays a huge roll because we all have C6 vettes or some sort and are well aware what that means....💸💸💸lol. I know carbon fiber headlights are pretty far down my list of what I’d put $3200 towards, at $1300 the morimotos are also pretty far down my list as well. I think you’d be pleased with either though. You got a C6 cause you wanted it, and I say take the results and comments into consideration but ultimately do you man.🇺🇸
bezels are like 360-400, new lenses are what 200? Where do you get 3200? Maybe if you buy them from someone but if you do them yourself it’s not bad at all.
Old 07-04-2018, 07:45 AM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by pdc001
You have to ask yourself, what are you looking to accomplish by asking this question. Are you looking for something aesthetically different only? Want some of the newer technology you see in other vehicles?

I decided to buy the new headlights simply for the better light output (really hoping that's the case in the real world since we're all waiting for them to be shipped as I'm typing this post). I know retrofitting new projectors, new lens & gaskets would of costed just as much or if not more after labor. I love the sequential function. Saw them on the latest gen Audi's taillights and it's sexy. I would of been just as happy if someone sold retrofits with better output projectors I would of been all for it too.
I'm not looking to get these for better lighting performance or just to do something different. I'm only considering this change for appearance. I was curious what people felt looked better between the two. I don't do all that much driving at night so better light output isn't a huge selling point for me. I'm just trying to decide what makes for the best looking front end on the C6.

Originally Posted by 73DBG
"Something else" could mean leave the inserts body colored or go with black inserts. Also not sure where you're getting $3200 from. The Morimotos can be had for <$1000 with preorder pricing. The CF bezels are about $500 with new lenses being around $200.

Ultimately, I know it comes down to what I want but I'm honestly torn. I can't make up my mind on which I like better so I thought getting the opinions of others would help.

Thanks for chiming in!

Originally Posted by dkz
I don't know i think they overdid the amber LED turn signals but it's not terrible looking. I'm sure you'll get a lot of double takes if you get the morimotos. the thing with the CF bezels or just blacking out the c6 headlights in general is they look weird in certain light conditions. if there is a slight overcast the design of the c6 lens make it look faded and old. there's just not enough chrome accent around the projectors so it looks weird.
Are you referring to the sequential nature being overdone? Curious because that can be turned off.

​​​​​​​Do you prefer the look of body colored bezels? Never thought about how they would look under different lighting conditions.

Originally Posted by 131 Zack 131
I vote for CF. Where would you purchase some?
​​​​​​​
Umnitza
https://www.umnitza.com/cfwerks-c6-c...ht-insert.html

Last edited by Frankie15; 07-04-2018 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:05 AM
racerx3317
Drifting

Received 207 Likes on 161 Posts

You can't go wrong either way, really. I like the Morimotos but they do look too much like C7 lights. Voted CF

Get notified of new replies

To New Morimoto Headlights or CF Bezels?

Old 07-04-2018, 09:29 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

First time seeing those lights. Look decent just concerned about quality of anything like that. I need new lenses and to paint/replace my bezels before car gets wrapped, so I've been looking at options, but it is far down on my list.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:06 PM
pdc001
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts

Looks wise it'll be just how you will see it. The new headlights are controversial like politics so you'll have handful of people who don't like them cuz it's posing like c7's and the other handfuls they love them. I personally think the new poser headlights will turn more heads than the CF bezels. Now that I know those cf bezels exist I'll wait til a good deal comes along just to have them and try retrofitting better projectors with them now that I'll have time to play with it.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:12 PM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by pdc001
Looks wise it'll be just how you will see it. The new headlights are controversial like politics so you'll have handful of people who don't like them cuz it's posing like c7's and the other handfuls they love them. I personally think the new poser headlights will turn more heads than the CF bezels. Now that I know those cf bezels exist I'll wait til a good deal comes along just to have them and try retrofitting better projectors with them now that I'll have time to play with it.
You're absolutely right. Thanks for your input man!

Quick Reply: New Morimoto Headlights or CF Bezels?