Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06
Reload this Page >

[Z06] Bauer Motorsports Build: WCCH All Pro 290, Solid Roller, ERL 454, 14:1 SCR

Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GMís Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Advertisement

[Z06] Bauer Motorsports Build: WCCH All Pro 290, Solid Roller, ERL 454, 14:1 SCR

Old 07-11-2019, 08:49 PM
heavychevy357
CF Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by tdeweese View Post
Josh,

Hard to tell in the pictures but what is the difference in height you see from the stock motor mounts to the AMT ones? I want a set of AMT's but with my MSD manifold I cannot afford to go any higher than my old stockers.

Manifold looks fantastic, going to be a monster sir!!

Tim
Tim, I know you asked Josh but I have the regular AMT mounts and an MSD intake manifold. I have clearance. Here is a pic of the stock mounts next to the AMT mounts. Great upgrade. They are roughly the same size once torqued. Hope this helps somewhat
Old 07-11-2019, 08:51 PM
heavychevy357
CF Senior Member

I say regular(standard) because AMT has a 3/8Ē shorter style as well
Old 07-11-2019, 08:57 PM
Josh B.
CF Senior Member

Received 517 Likes on 383 Posts

The AMT "3/8" mounts I bought came in more like .200" shorter on my calipers. They look amazing quality, a little disappointed I didn't get a full .375" but not a big deal.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:00 PM
Josh B.
CF Senior Member

Josh,

Hard to tell in the pictures but what is the difference in height you see from the stock motor mounts to the AMT ones? I want a set of AMT's but with my MSD manifold I cannot afford to go any higher than my old stockers.

Manifold looks fantastic, going to be a monster sir!!

Tim
Thanks Tim! I saw a .200" reduction from stock with the shorter AMT mounts. Very very high quality.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:13 PM
tdeweese
CF Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Heavychevy357 and Josh,
Thanks for the information much appreciated. My guess the .200" shorter AMT units are about the same OAH as the stock ones installed due to compression. I cannot imagine the AMT compress much if at all in comparison to stock. The quality looks impressive; love when somebody makes high end stuff with so much junk out there anymore! Mordeth from the forum turned me onto AMT, buying their adjustable camber kit as well.

Heavychevy357 can you comment on any increases in motor vibration resonating back into the car? Any noticeable difference in "feel" of the car. I wish they made something similar for the rear end??

Thanks again Guys!!
Old 07-11-2019, 09:58 PM
heavychevy357
CF Senior Member

Heavychevy357 and Josh,
Thanks for the information much appreciated. My guess the .200" shorter AMT units are about the same OAH as the stock ones installed due to compression. I cannot imagine the AMT compress much if at all in comparison to stock. The quality looks impressive; love when somebody makes high end stuff with so much junk out there anymore! Mordeth from the forum turned me onto AMT, buying their adjustable camber kit as well.

Heavychevy357 can you comment on any increases in motor vibration resonating back into the car? Any noticeable difference in "feel" of the car. I wish they made something similar for the rear end??

Thanks again Guys!!
As you can see Josh did a much better job by documenting the measurements haha!

Tim, yes there is more vibration after installing. Dash has a slight buzz now. Youíll feel the rhythm of the motor more as well. Feels firmer and tighter despite the added sound(s) and vibrations.

Again hope this helps

-Brenton
Old 07-12-2019, 04:10 PM
edmundu
CF Senior Member

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

If you have the "red" AMT mounts then you have their std height. I initially had those, but they wouldn't allow me to install my MSD manifold.

Mark, owner of AMT Motorsports, immediately without hesitation sent replacement 3/8" lower "gold" mounts! Real stand up guy & company. The gold ones did the trick, I even added 2 washers, as I didn't want to have the leaf spring touching the oil pan when at full extension.

Like someone mentioned, there is some added NVH, mostly at idle. So a little buzzing of various panels, tingling in seat bottom, etc... But makes the car feel very solid upon snapping throttle!
Old 07-12-2019, 04:19 PM
Josh B.
CF Senior Member

My red AMT mounts are in fact their 3/8" lowered mounts. The standard height mounts are also red. But they are not the same shape at all. The lowered version that I have has a much more narrow profile than the standard. I spoke to Mark on the phone as he sent these.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:28 PM
edmundu
CF Senior Member

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Interesting, perhaps Mark just offers the mounts in red only now? Or did you request them to be red, it is just anodizing color.

The gold ones I have are also a good amount smaller in diameter.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:30 PM
Josh B.
CF Senior Member

I didn't make any color requests, I just asked for the 3/8" lower ones.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:56 PM
MikeOC
CF Senior Member

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Congrats on moving forward Josh! Iím glad you were able to recover your money. Iím finally moving forward again myself and itís a great feeling.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Bauer Motorsports Build: WCCH All Pro 290, Solid Roller, ERL 454, 14:1 SCR

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: